Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

BRANDON VERA: "BELIEVE WHAT YOU SEE"

Print  
Should Vera just drop down to LHW?
Yes, he will dominate there! 4 19%
Yes, he can do quite well there 4 19%
No he should stay at HW 11 52%
He will lose and be average in either division 2 10%
Posted By Message

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Career:497-280
Chips:
Akin to P. Diddy’s “Vote or Die” or MTV’s “Rock the Vote” slogan campaigns, Ultimate Fighting Championship heavyweight contender Brandon Vera’s “don’t believe the hype; believe what you see” mantra has become an ever-present staple leading up to his fight Saturday night in Cincinnati.

Vera steps back into the cage to compete for the first time following an 11-month layoff. It was both contractual and managerial issues that kept him from the cage in the months following his dominant victory over former heavyweight champ Frank Mir last November.

But with his management issues sorted out and a fresh start in the UFC, Vera can now finally get back to concentrating solely on fighting.

LINK

Post #1   10/18/07 5:01:03AM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:
I think he has a better chance at HW then LHW...

Him vs Rampage would be a war. He'd easily destroy Chuck Or Tito. He could beat Wandy by being a more technical striker and has better ground game IMO...

Him vs Forrest would be a war as well. I just think he'd have too many wars he could lose at LHW...At HW I think his only comptettion is Big Nog & Gonzaga...

Post #2   10/18/07 5:11:39AM   

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Career:497-280
Chips:
Well right now you need to add Big Tim to that list, and id say CC as well as AA, but yeah the HW div is definately easier than the LHW div, BUT, he is just so small at HW whereas he would be BIG at LHW, id like to see him fight guys like CC and AA as they would be exciting fights but if he loses some or all then he needs to drop down, if he loses to Timmay then he should drop straight away

Post #3   10/18/07 5:22:28AM