Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Hughes underdog??

Print  
  Page 3 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

abergeron

Learning to Sprawl

Career:178-104
Camp: Billy's Badasses
Chips:
Yeah I would be shocked if serra made it out of the second round. Great wrestlers always give bjj guys fits and this will be no different

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports

Post #31   10/19/07 9:42:08AM   

TNunley

Belt Contender

TNunley Avatar

Career:120-77
Camp: Team Arse Kickers
Chips:

Posted by abergeron

Great wrestlers always give bjj guys fits and this will be no different

Could you elaborate on that?

Post #32   10/19/07 9:49:17AM   

tuvok500

GSP will Comeback JUMP !!!

tuvok500 Avatar

Career:2,237-1,202
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:

Posted by TNunley

Posted by tuvok500
but , i don't think that hugues is no longer what he was, of course he was looking bad against gsp, but the guy has changed many thing since that fight, no more MFS, he have his home trainning camp closer to his family, and now the big difference is that he is no longer the champ and he can go head first without having in mind that he may lose the belt,

Very true, I had forgotten that he had started his own fight camp... but are you sure he doesn't train with MFS anymore? Although I think MFS was bad for his mentallity, I think MFS was good for his training. If he is only training at his own school then I can imagine he wouldn't be training as well. He himself even talked about... Royce Gracie, I believe... he said that Royce was probably the best fighter in his school, and that would be a big problem for him. The one thing MFS had was some very good fighters that I think each probably had one thing they were better at than Hughes. To be honest I don't know exactly how Hughes is gonna walk into this fight, I just wanted to share my point of view on where I think his current mental status might be. Also, I see it as more of a problem that he is not holding the belt... especially after discussing retirement on TUF (I know, I know, he changed his mind already). If he were to lose to Serra, I think that COULD be the "nail in the coffin" for Hughes.

i think thaf robbie lawler is in his camp, yes i am sure about it, don't know about others, it is sure that they are more than 2 !!! LOL

Post #33   10/19/07 11:21:05AM   

slapshot

In Full Mount

slapshot Avatar

Career:546-340
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:

Posted by CornishMMA

Posted by CwB

I believe there standup is equal

That is unintentional comedy genius, what planet are you on mate? Hughes has the worst standup in the UFC

His standup has been improving, even GSP stated it has improved a great deal. I dont see Serra's striking as awe inspiring, good sure but there’s no way he can count on a KO in this fight if he dose he will for sure lose.

I give Serra a chance but Hughes has a wealth of experience against much better fighters than Serra (BJ Penn GSP and Trigg) and point blank he finds a way to win. Hughes should pound him out IMO.

I really hope we see Hughes go back to his slams and G&P I think Serra has differently underestimated Hughes. Give Hughes some credit his striking is underrated even if its not excellent its still fairly sold.

Last edited 10/20/07 1:04AM server time by slapshot
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #34   10/20/07 12:55:38AM   

Page 3 of 3     1     2     3