Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Evans vs. Bisping

Print  
Who will win?
Rashad Evans 32 89%
Michael Bisping 4 11%
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

PRIDEneverdies

Learning to Sprawl

Career:11-4
Chips:

Posted by cmill21

I gotta be honest I will not even get this ppv or even look at who wins, such a terrible main event. I thought buying pride garenteed us atleast one good fight per event?

I agree in terms of the matchups.

But there are some good fighters competing.

Gono is amazing, will be awesome to see him in action regardless of who his opponent is (hopefully he comes out dancing, the other guy thinks he's a joke but then gets destroyed).

Chonan is pretty good, hopefully he pulls a flying heel hook out of nowhere.

And I think Rashad will put a beating on Bisping, although it might go to decision.

And if Houston comes out explosive it will be entertaining as well.

The matchups are pretty terrible, but that doesn't mean it won't be exciting.

Post #16   10/18/07 7:04:56PM   

lebrontheking23

Learning to Sprawl

lebrontheking23 Avatar

Career:424-271
Camp: The Pit
Chips:
i think that rashad will take it to desicion, they are both good fighters and it's a good match up but i still wish that tito should of fought him again but i guess you don't always get your way

Last edited 10/18/07 7:47PM server time by lebrontheking23
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #17   10/18/07 7:46:51PM   

Sheddy

MMA Regular

Sheddy Avatar

Career:95-42
Chips:
I want Bisping to win, but I think Evans will do enough to give Bisping his first loss.

Evans by UD...hope I'm wrong.

Post #18   10/19/07 10:42:02AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,498-1,432
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
i dont see either guy finishing this fight, but IMO rashad should dominate throughout using his superior wrestling. im guessing this may be the last time we see bisping at LHW unless of course he wins.

all in all i see this as a pretty good card, in fact even better than saturdays from top to bottom. there is a ton of star power from pride and the ufc and id buy it just to see fisher and edgar, that should be knockdown dragout from the get go. there should be some fireworks from the beginning until the end even though the main event may be the exception, it still has selling power just because it pits TUF winners that even the newer fans know against each other.

Post #19   10/19/07 10:56:17AM   

AchillesHeel

Heavyweight Champ

AchillesHeel Avatar

Career:845-448
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by cmill21

I gotta be honest I will not even get this ppv or even look at who wins, such a terrible main event. I thought buying pride garenteed us atleast one good fight per event?

Dude I gotta seriously disagree with you here. Seems to be a lot of entertaining fights.

A card doesn't need a title fight for me to be happy, and it seems like the UFC is stacking their December card to draw as many casual fans as possible, which is fine with me.

Evans-vs-Bisping and Alexander-vs-Silva should be exciting fights. The four guys have a combined pro record of 43-1-1, with 26 TKOs, 8 Submissions and 8 Decisions.

I agree that Fisher-vs-Edgar has FotN potential. I have them ranked 7th and 8th in the UFC right now. Either guy could move to #6 with a decisive win. If Edgar posts a comprehensive win, I might even move him to #5. The winner could/should be in line for a title shot in '08, regardless.

I think Chonan and Gono are decent signings for the UFC. Gono is a decent boxer who's 10-3 over the last four years, with losses to Kang, Hendo, and Ninja. He hasn't fought in almost a year, though, and I think he might have a big adjustment to make, with all the wrestlers in the UFC's Welterweight division.

p.s. I haven't decided who I like between Evans and Bisping yet, but I'm really happy not to see Evans-Ortiz II and Bisping-Hamill II so quickly. imo, guys need at least one fight before a rematch.

Last edited 10/19/07 11:47AM server time by AchillesHeel
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #20   10/19/07 11:45:50AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2