Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Sports Illustrated Interviews IFL's Chris Horodecki

Print  
Posted By Message

BubbRubb

Learning to Sprawl

Career:-
Chips:

SI.com: How'd a kid like you get mixed up in this?

Horodecki: I did karate from when I was like six years old. When I was around 13, I was intrigued by MMA in general and more contact fighting. I was fan of pro wrestling and my uncle would bring over old UFC tapes and I just wanted to do whatever I could. I met my trainer and I learned the wrestling and grappling and jiu-jitsu and put it together. The martial arts was the foundation though.

SI.com: What's the first MMA fight you remember watching?

Horodecki: Pete Williams and Mark Coleman [UF XVII]. That kick always stuck out in my mind. Also, Ken Shamrock and Royce Gracie were two guys that stood out.

Read the rest of the interview here!

Post #1   10/17/07 11:21:06AM   

MMAnomale

MMA Regular

MMAnomale Avatar

Career:155-77
Chips:
He's a good fighter. I enjoy watching him, but I would like to see what he would do against some different fighters, some more talented. I would like to see him in the WEC for a little while, and then maybe, if he's still doing good, come to the UFC. He's damn entertaining. His next fight with Bart P. should be really good. He's beat him before, but Bart's pretty tough, so this is anyone's fight.

Post #2   10/17/07 12:46:02PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:

Posted by MMAnomale

He's a good fighter. I enjoy watching him, but I would like to see what he would do against some different fighters, some more talented. I would like to see him in the WEC for a little while, and then maybe, if he's still doing good, come to the UFC. He's damn entertaining. His next fight with Bart P. should be really good. He's beat him before, but Bart's pretty tough, so this is anyone's fight.

Personally think Bart won that fight... And if it wasn't for Horodecki "falling" through the ropes he wouldn't have made it out of the first...

IMO, Palaszewski (sp?) takes this fight and gives Chris his first loss

Post #3   10/18/07 1:41:33PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
A Horodecki Highkick will end Barts night Early. Calling it right now.

Post #4   10/18/07 2:51:19PM   

ohiostate1016

MMA Sensei

ohiostate1016 Avatar

Career:826-528
Camp: Sporting News Assassins
Chips:
thats interesting...i know that si has been in on the ufc boom, but now they are branching out to other orgs...good.

Post #5   10/18/07 4:54:29PM