Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Help Rampage Jackson Legalize MMA in Tennessee

Print  
Posted By Message

Sam_Rothstein

Belt Contender

Sam_Rothstein Avatar

Career:950-555
Chips:
Be sure to do your patriotic duty and help the man from Memphis, Tennessee legalize our beloved sport in his home state. There are lots of good gyms in Tennessee and a ton of promising fighters looking for an outlet. In fact, considering Rampage himself came from the great state of Tennessee, we really don't know how much talent is being stymied or ignored by the lack of available legal options to pursue mixed martial arts.

click here to sign petition

click here for article

Post #1   10/16/07 7:39:29PM   

loonytnt

MMA Sensei

loonytnt Avatar

Career:299-241
Camp: Diaz Fan Club
Chips:
i will sign

Post #2   10/16/07 7:46:15PM   

aznteabagger

In Full Mount

aznteabagger Avatar

Career:618-368
Chips:
...are you f-ing kidding me...rampage starred in a movie called "confessions of a pit fighter"...now he's trying to legalize MMA...

Post #3   10/16/07 7:56:12PM   

JimiMak

WarWagon Never Die!

JimiMak Avatar

Career:454-333
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
I'd like to help but,

a) if you aren't registered to vote in TN your opinion prob'ly has no effect on them.

b) based on their law it's worded badly. They clearly have the right to be the sanctioning body if one is not drawn up. They prohibit. It mentions how kickboxing is legal, I'd like to know if that's really true. It seems like they don't even allow boxing and that they have no intention of allowing like sports. Idk if that's true.

I would like to see that change but it needs to be constructed a little different because of the specificness of wording and such in laws.

So I like the idea but don't think my sig would effect TN state...... change their laws.

Post #4   10/16/07 8:33:10PM   

Sam_Rothstein

Belt Contender

Sam_Rothstein Avatar

Career:950-555
Chips:

Posted by JimiMak

I'd like to help but,

a) if you aren't registered to vote in TN your opinion prob'ly has no effect on them.

b) based on their law it's worded badly. They clearly have the right to be the sanctioning body if one is not drawn up. They prohibit. It mentions how kickboxing is legal, I'd like to know if that's really true. It seems like they don't even allow boxing and that they have no intention of allowing like sports. Idk if that's true.

I would like to see that change but it needs to be constructed a little different because of the specificness of wording and such in laws.

So I like the idea but don't think my sig would effect TN state...... change their laws.

oh its just an online petetion, it doesnt matter where you live they dont even ask what state or country you live in

all it requires is your name your email adress and if you want you can leave optional comments

plus i think they are going for quantity of signings rather then quality (only tenn residents)

Post #5   10/16/07 9:06:04PM   

Ultimate_fighter

Banned

Career:270-165
Chips:
signin up for sure...

Post #6   10/16/07 9:12:41PM   

IrishA-hole

Learning to Sprawl

IrishA-hole Avatar

Career:205-130
Camp: S.M.O.
Chips:
signed

Post #7   10/16/07 9:41:05PM   

JimiMak

WarWagon Never Die!

JimiMak Avatar

Career:454-333
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:

Posted by Sam_Rothstein

Posted by JimiMak

I'd like to help but,

oh its just an online petetion, it doesnt matter where you live they dont even ask what state or country you live in

all it requires is your name your email adress and if you want you can leave optional comments

plus i think they are going for quantity of signings rather then quality (only tenn residents)

Honestly tho if it isn't considering quality of sigs (reg voters etc) then it isn't a real legal petition that will garner you any headway w/ a state board. I really appreciate trying to get a grass roots thing together, but petitions have to be gone about a certian way. It generally is based around making them realize that their voting contingency, whom it most directly effects, is in favor of it. They don't care if the rest of the country likes it or if a bunch of non eligible voters sign.

Just some constructive critisism, certainly not trying to get down on someone who's tryin to help the cause.

Post #8   10/16/07 11:50:50PM