Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Ricardo Arona signs with M-1

Print  
Posted By Message

szucconi

In Full Mount

szucconi Avatar
Record: 440-296
Chips:
According to “Vale Tudo News”, Brazilian ace Ricardo Arona (13-5-0) announced that he has signed a four fight deal with Russian organization M-1. The opponent(s), due to contractual issues, weren't revealed. Arona said that he is now focused in his debut, in December. When asked if the first fight would be with Fedor Emilianenko (26-1-0), Ricardo Arona smiled and kept his silence.

HERE

Post #1   10/15/07 12:26:42PM   

NME

MMA Regular

NME Avatar
Record: 513-264
Camp: The F4W EMPIRE~!
Chips:

Posted by szucconi

According to “Vale Tudo News”, Brazilian ace Ricardo Arona (13-5-0) announced that he has signed a four fight deal with Russian organization M-1. The opponent(s), due to contractual issues, weren't revealed. Arona said that he is now focused in his debut, in December. When asked if the first fight would be with Fedor Emilianenko (26-1-0), Ricardo Arona smiled and kept his silence.

HERE

What, you're posting this when you could be posting about how your boy is supposedly in talks to fight for WEC? Come on now...

Post #2   10/15/07 12:40:36PM   

szucconi

In Full Mount

szucconi Avatar
Record: 440-296
Chips:

Posted by NME

What, you're posting this when you could be posting about how your boy is supposedly in talks to fight for WEC? Come on now...

Yes, also included in this link is the fact that Frank Trigg is calling out Paulo Filho to fight in December. I would like to go on record and say that Frank Trigg is in no way "my boy". In fact I hate him for being all sorts of wrong about a lot of stuff. With that being said, it would be a good match up. I think Trigg would get handled. He should be at 170. I hate the idea of moving up to avoid a stacked weight class. Moving up into a harder weight class earns a lot of respect from me (Matt Serra).

Post #3   10/15/07 12:58:41PM   

LR

In Full Mount

LR Avatar

Record: 638-326
Chips:
This story isn't even confirmed yet. About 10 different sites picked it up from a site that sourced the Sherdog forums. Horrible accuracy. I wouldn't doubt it has merit, but Vale Tudo News needs a damn website or some way of us being able to source it.

Post #4   10/15/07 2:44:57PM