Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Arona signs for M1

Print  
Posted By Message

nate22

Belt Contender

nate22 Avatar

Career:52-35
Chips:
domingo, 14 de outubro de 2007 - 13:46:39

Ricardo Arona assina com M-1

Depois de 1 semana de negociacao em total sigilo, o lutator brasileiro Ricardo Arona anunciou a imprensa que fechou um contrato de 4 lutas com o evento russo M-1.
Os adversarios por motivo de contrato nao podem ser comentados. Arona informa que a partir de agora seu pensamento e so treinar e estar focado para sua estreia em dezembro no M-1. Perguntado se essa luta de estreia seria com o russo Fedor Emilianenko, Ricardo Arona sorriu mas manteve o silencio.

Valeu Arona, estamos na torcida.

Fonte@ vale-tudo news.

Arona signs with M-1

After a week of secret negotiations, the Brasilian fighter Ricardo Arona announced to the press that he signed a 4 fight contract with the Russian even M-1. Because of the contract the opponents can't be named. Arona says that now his thoughts are on training being focused for his debut in December in M-1. Asked if his first fight would be with Fedor, Arona smiled but kept silent.

Take if for what you will...

Post #1   10/14/07 3:55:40PM   

Scott_Revels

Banned

Career:376-170
Chips:
I hope this is the last we hear of M1, Fedor, and Arona.. Both guys are retards for signing there. These guys will never face competition like they could in the UFC, and I think they are chicken shitting their way to just paychecks. They don't care about the sport or competition anymore. If Randy signs with them, he'll probably sign long enough to fight Fedor, and then leave.

I hate sounding negative, but this whole Fedor mess is making me angry. He's done jack shit for months now, and he signs with a promotion that 90% of MMA had never heard of, and now they are "next big thing" and all these people are going to leave the UFC to go there.. The UFC will crush M1 any day of the week, and anyone who goes there might as well kiss a top 10 spot on any rankings good bye.

**** M1, **** Fedor, and **** Arona. I'm so tired of seeing every new topic on this website go to these no nothing losers.

Okay.. I'm done ranting.

Post #2   10/14/07 7:25:53PM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:
Who i think M1 will have before the end of the year (possibly)

Fedor
Aleks
Kharitonov
rest of red devil
Josh Barnett
Ricardo Arona
Babalu

if so, im excited

Post #3   10/15/07 2:18:14PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:

Posted by loller90278

Fedor
Aleks
Kharitonov
rest of red devil
Josh Barnett
Ricardo Arona
Babalu

if so, im excited

M-1 could be the new Pride. A tleast Fedor can stay in ya'lls top 10 rankings for a little bit if he beats Barnett.

Babalu vs Arona would be a great fight! Both arent known for great chins but are excellent grapplers. I feel the best fights are between fighters with the same style so this would be a war!!

Post #4   10/15/07 3:20:01PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
Yvel, Randleman, Coleman, AA, Hendo, and possibly Cro Cop are guys I expect to be there after 2008. I see them and K-1 hero's either working out a co-promotion deal to combine to take on the UFC or having another Pride vs. K-1 type deal.

Post #5   10/15/07 7:10:18PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,916-1,077
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Posted by loller90278

Fedor
Aleks
Kharitonov
rest of red devil
Josh Barnett
Ricardo Arona
Babalu

if so, im excited

M-1 could be the new Pride. A tleast Fedor can stay in ya'lls top 10 rankings for a little bit if he beats Barnett.

Babalu vs Arona would be a great fight! Both arent known for great chins but are excellent grapplers. I feel the best fights are between fighters with the same style so this would be a war!!

I agree that i would rather see Fedor/ Barnett and Arona/Babalu. The funny thing is both matches would be between friends. If fedor fights Arona , another guy out of his weight class , or some unranked guy next i'm moving him down my rankings. Fedor /Barnett is a fight worthy of a PPV all by itself IMO.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #6   10/17/07 4:03:14AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
Great all they have to do is sign Randy and Barnett then the rest of things will fall into place.

Post #7   10/17/07 8:05:12AM   

TheHitmanTL

Standup Guy

TheHitmanTL Avatar

Career:237-188
Chips:
i heard that arona signing with M1 was only a rumor

Post #8   10/18/07 2:59:19AM   

PRIDEneverdies

Learning to Sprawl

Career:11-4
Chips:

Posted by Scott_Revels

I hope this is the last we hear of M1, Fedor, and Arona.. Both guys are retards for signing there. These guys will never face competition like they could in the UFC, and I think they are chicken shitting their way to just paychecks. They don't care about the sport or competition anymore. If Randy signs with them, he'll probably sign long enough to fight Fedor, and then leave.

I hate sounding negative, but this whole Fedor mess is making me angry. He's done jack shit for months now, and he signs with a promotion that 90% of MMA had never heard of, and now they are "next big thing" and all these people are going to leave the UFC to go there.. The UFC will crush M1 any day of the week, and anyone who goes there might as well kiss a top 10 spot on any rankings good bye.

**** M1, **** Fedor, and **** Arona. I'm so tired of seeing every new topic on this website go to these no nothing losers.

Okay.. I'm done ranting.

I don't think fighters care about dropping in YOUR rankings, some guy they never heard of.

Anyway, your post if very harsh and not based on any reality.

Barnett, a top 5 HW in almost every list, has stated his desire to fight Fedor many times and will chase him to M1, especially since the UFC isn't interested in him. So that's 3 top 10s right there. Henderson doesn't like UFC contracts either, so its highly possible he will move to M1. Thats 4 top 10s. Aleks will probably join too. Many more fighters will follow just becaues of these guys, and possibly for higher paychecks or just better contracts.

Of course this is all speculation, but M1 could be bigger then the UFC, or it could fade into obscurity, but I think it is more likely that it will be a top draw promotion just like the UFC.

And Fedor/Barnett, Fedor/Arona and Fedor/Couture (not for me, but for others) is more exciting than against anyone in the UFC (except a rematch with CC). But who knows, CC might win UFC gold and face Fedor champ vs champ in M1, or a UFC/M1 event which would be great. You never know, M1 might be the best thing to happen to the MMA world.

Post #9   10/18/07 6:54:08PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:
Good post, props to you.

Post #10   10/18/07 6:59:05PM