Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Kang vs Akiyama

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Career:377-180
Chips:
Who takes this fight? Am I the only one thinking it's insane that Akiyama is a +660 underdog?
I'm having problems predicting this fight as well as the Kin - Dong Sik Yoon fight.

EDIT: Just heard from Jordan Breen that it's probably Shungo Oyama and not Akiyama who's facing Kang at Hero┬┤s Seoul. This sucks big time but the picking just got a lot easier.

EDIT 2: He edited himself and put up the full card including the Akiyama - Kang fight on the front page of sherdog.com

Last edited 10/16/07 12:49PM server time by Stickan
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #1   10/14/07 1:14:36PM   

Blizzard

MMA Regular

Blizzard Avatar

Career:1,285-886
Camp: Mountain Top Fight Camp
Chips:
Stickan, I am going with Akiyama all the way. I think it is crazy he is +660.
The second fight is a good fight as well and harder for me to call, but I am going with Yoon.

Post #2   10/14/07 2:03:22PM   

Scott_Revels

Banned

Career:376-170
Chips:
Are you saying that he shouldn't be the underdog at all, or +660 is to much, and he should be like +400?

Post #3   10/14/07 2:52:15PM   

HulkRage

Standup Guy

HulkRage Avatar

Career:1,211-825
Camp: Mountain Top Fight Camp
Chips:
I agree that +660 is way too much, but then again I am not complaining, it will mean more $ when Akiyama wins.

I apologize if I enterupted a Valcom only thread.
P.S. where are the hot pics at?

Post #4   10/14/07 2:59:19PM   

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Career:377-180
Chips:
I'm pretty much saying that Akiyama shouldn't be an underdog at all. This is a very very close and good match-up so to me it's 50/50.
+660 for Akiyama is one of the weirdest and most gimmie odds I've seen here on MMAPG.

Post #5   10/14/07 3:04:12PM   

hathcock32

In Full Mount

hathcock32 Avatar

Career:1,227-772
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:
The reason is that....because people know Kang.....most people have never heard of him. I agree the odds are crazy...but People are probably looking at it...as Kang vs a can

Post #6   10/14/07 5:00:41PM   

Scott_Revels

Banned

Chips:
What i'm worried about is that if I put my money down on Akiyama, he'll lose, and i'll drop back down to nothing. He looks like he'd be worth a bet, but I don't have enough money I don't believe to split it.

Edit: I put 1000 on Akiyama, and the rest of my money is still on Ackah.

Last edited 10/14/07 7:31PM server time by Scott_Revels

Post #7   10/14/07 7:29:50PM   

nate22

Belt Contender

nate22 Avatar

Career:52-35
Chips:
Laughable odds, make the most of them.

Post #8   10/15/07 1:13:35PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,487-1,427
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
akiyama is very slippery, the oil of olay effect may give him the edge

Post #9   10/15/07 2:16:49PM   

Scott_Revels

Banned

Chips:
Just let it go. He has apologized already. No more crap about it. It got played way out of control. Other people have done it before, and they aren't getting this treatment, so don't start. Okay?

Post #10   10/15/07 3:40:57PM   

ghosted3

Learning to Sprawl

ghosted3 Avatar

Career:265-159
Camp: Never Submit
Chips:
WAR AKIYAMA!

Post #11   10/15/07 8:29:55PM   

richieb19

MMA Sensei

richieb19 Avatar

Career:239-153
Chips:

Posted by Scott_Revels

Just let it go. He has apologized already. No more crap about it. It got played way out of control. Other people have done it before, and they aren't getting this treatment, so don't start. Okay?

Wasn't there a rumor that he was wearing a type of brass knuckle underneath his right glove? I remember their was some pictures to go along with it to... regardless Akiyama is most likely going to steamroll Kang. Don't get me wrong I love watching Kang, but he isn't as good as he's hyped up to be, and he's certainly not as good as Akiyama. Oyama / Newton should be very interesting to watch too, and who isn't stoked over Marcelo Garcia's debut!

Decent card from HERO'S, but no where near as good as their last one... I guess it's just as good if not better than UFC's card this saturday...

Last edited 10/16/07 12:19PM server time by richieb19

Post #12   10/16/07 12:19:18PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Chips:

Posted by richieb19

Posted by Scott_Revels

Wasn't there a rumor that he was wearing a type of brass knuckle underneath his right glove? I remember their was some pictures to go along with it to... regardless Akiyama is most likely going to steamroll Kang. Don't get me wrong I love watching Kang, but he isn't as good as he's hyped up to be, and he's certainly not as good as Akiyama. Oyama / Newton should be very interesting to watch too, and who isn't stoked over Marcelo Garcia's debut!

Decent card from HERO'S, but no where near as good as their last one... I guess it's just as good if not better than UFC's card this saturday...

there was a rumor about knucks, and there were pics of his fingers after the fight at the press conference where his knuckles were red in a pattern similar to brass knuckles. not to mention his glove tape had no mark ssaying it was checked. just type slippery akiyama into youtube and theres a vid.

and revels, if the guy apologized for the oiling im fine with that, but there are no apologies for using brass knucks(if he did), and thats part of the problem i have with him. so why dont you watch the video on youtube and see why i hold a grudge against the guy before trying to call me out.

Post #13   10/17/07 10:01:35AM   

richieb19

MMA Sensei

richieb19 Avatar

Career:239-153
Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

there was a rumor about knucks, and there were pics of his fingers after the fight at the press conference where his knuckles were red in a pattern similar to brass knuckles. not to mention his glove tape had no mark ssaying it was checked. just type slippery akiyama into youtube and theres a vid.

and revels, if the guy apologized for the oiling im fine with that, but there are no apologies for using brass knucks(if he did), and thats part of the problem i have with him. so why dont you watch the video on youtube and see why i hold a grudge against the guy before trying to call me out.

I'll never really like the guy all that much because of the whole situation (knucks or not), but it doesn't change the fact that he's an extraordinarily talented Middleweight (Lightheavyweight in HERO'S) fighter.

Here is the video, I never knew that it was a different type of glove entirely and I had completely forgot about the fishy bell, which sounded before the referee even stopped the match... what a total fix!

Post #14   10/17/07 11:40:05AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Chips:

Posted by richieb19

I'll never really like the guy all that much because of the whole situation (knucks or not), but it doesn't change the fact that he's an extraordinarily talented Middleweight (Lightheavyweight in HERO'S) fighter.

Here is the video, I never knew that it was a different type of glove entirely and I had completely forgot about the fishy bell, which sounded before the referee even stopped the match... what a total fix!

the guy is a very very good fighter, but that whole ordeal left a bad taste in my mouth, and the fact that it was against saku makes it that much worse to me because it was the biggest fight in akiyamas career and he resorted to that. im hoping the guy comes back and has a good career, ill never be a big fan though.

Post #15   10/17/07 5:03:50PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2