Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

White’s Reaction Could Determine MMA’s Future

Print  
Posted By Message

aznteabagger

In Full Mount

aznteabagger Avatar

Career:618-368
Chips:
Dana White may be the man most responsible for the meteoric growth of the UFC. It has a national television contract, it does ever-larger pay-per-view sales, it routinely sells out major venues and it has one of the most passionate fan bases in sports.

LINK

Post #1   10/14/07 9:42:39AM   

kevietre

Belt Contender

kevietre Avatar

Career:665-468
Chips:
Sure we've seen Dana on Fox news and in other mainstream media but I don't think Dana is equivalent to Don King is in boxing. Dana is just the co-owner of the biggest MMA organization right now but above all he's a huge MMA fan and seems like a down to earth guy half the time. I think he underestimated how big the UFC would get and he's learning as he goes along what to do and who/how to sign new talent.

But for this article to claim he will determine the future of MMA is crazy. He's only one person. There are other organizations out there and above all the Fans and Fighters determine the future of thier sport.

Post #2   10/14/07 11:41:30AM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:

Posted by kevietre

Sure we've seen Dana on Fox news and in other mainstream media but I don't think Dana is equivalent to Don King is in boxing. Dana is just the co-owner of the biggest MMA organization right now but above all he's a huge MMA fan and seems like a down to earth guy half the time. I think he underestimated how big the UFC would get and he's learning as he goes along what to do and who/how to sign new talent.

But for this article to claim he will determine the future of MMA is crazy. He's only one person. There are other organizations out there and above all the Fans and Fighters determine the future of thier sport.

actually, dana only owns 10% of the ufc, so technically the fertitas would be the ones who would change the face of mma. i agree that dana isnt as corrupt as don king, and if he ever was, the fertitas will be responsible for stopping him. so, the fertitas have way more control over mma, they just decide to let dana do his thing and watch from behind the scenes. i'm sure everything dana does is in the fertitas best interests, at least in his eyes anyway.

Last edited 10/14/07 11:49AM server time by jiujitsufreak74
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #3   10/14/07 11:48:23AM   

tuvok500

GSP will Comeback JUMP !!!

tuvok500 Avatar

Career:1,944-989
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
dana is a great guy, we can thanks him to have so many mma stuff free on tv, like ultimate fighter, ultimate fight night, and even some huge live events.

the guy is always trying to sigh top fighter and he is good in that i thing, crocop, big nog , wandy, shogun, are a good indication of how hard he try.
even sometimes he recruited some guy that we were not so familliar with but the result was very good, like gonzaga, etc..

but , for fedor, well, when a guy don't want to fight couture, even the moon would not have been enough to sigh the contract.

so 1 fighter lost, 10 fighters found !!! as we say in french !! ( not sure about the translation by the ways )

Post #4   10/14/07 1:09:25PM