Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Weed, welterweights and whoopass: UFCmania interview with Nick Diaz

Print  
Posted By Message

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Career:497-280
Chips:
By Jesse Holland

Love him or hate him, there’s no denying that Nick Diaz is a major player in the sport of mixed martial arts. Fiercely competitive and outspoken almost to a fault, the Californian and loyal student of Cesar Gracie has fought some of the world’s best.

Only 24, the wily Diaz continues to fight his way across the industry, recently signing a contract extension with EliteXC that locks him up for the next two years.

I had a chance to catch up with Nick last Friday, as he vented on a variety of topics including Mike Aina, the credibility of the UFC welterweight division and brawling with Joe Riggs in a Las Vegas hospital ................................

LINK

Post #1   10/13/07 2:46:22PM   

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Career:497-280
Chips:
Well i found a new sig quote in that

Post #2   10/13/07 2:53:15PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:
i love diaz, but if he thinks the UFC WW division is full of pussies, i think he is out of his mind. i honestly don't think he would "take a shit" on all of those guys right away. i am sure he would do well and would definitely be in the title picture, but calling fitch a pussie just seems insane. i would like to see him back his statements up and fight these guys, but, he cant for two years so i don't know why he would bad mouth them as if he was going to fight them soon. i would love to see diaz in the ufc, its just too bad its going to take 2 years :(

Post #3   10/13/07 3:05:48PM   

JimiMak

WarWagon Never Die!

JimiMak Avatar

Career:454-333
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
He's just a sh*talker. He got cut from the div he's dissing cuz he couldn't hang. LW may be diff, look at the gomi fight, but then he's got BJ. He talks about fights that'll never happen, I wanna see him fight Frank Shamrock, that's a guy he's talked about fighting that he might. It'd be the perfect match of the sh talkers. I don't think he's gonna win a major title soon. And the way he openly talks about weed there aren't a lot of states outside of Cali that want him fighting.

Post #4   10/13/07 3:52:57PM   

wapttn

MMeh?

wapttn Avatar

Career:254-148
Chips:
haha diaz is awesome

Post #5   10/13/07 5:32:35PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:
WAR DIAZ!!!! F**K the commission. There is no way he was "numb" that fight with Gomi becuase he fell down the one time. He's a beast! Give them a rematch and drug test him the hour before the fight and he'll pass and still WHOOP ON GOMI!!!

WAR DIAZ!!! He's going to be the champ at 160 for a LONG time...

Post #6   10/13/07 5:45:49PM   

puppetmaster837

Standup Guy

puppetmaster837 Avatar

Career:216-132
Chips:
I dont like Diaz at all. He has beat one top ten guy, which is Robbie Lawler. His last fight was a split decision to Mike Aina, who is that guy? Diaz talks way too much, how about instead of talking so much he goes and beats some top competition. I can go ahead and call Fedor a pussy, and the reason i can do that is because i know i will never fight him. GSP would destroy Diaz, so would Hughes.

Post #7   10/13/07 11:20:25PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Chips:

Posted by puppetmaster837

I dont like Diaz at all. He has beat one top ten guy, which is Robbie Lawler. His last fight was a split decision to Mike Aina, who is that guy? Diaz talks way too much, how about instead of talking so much he goes and beats some top competition. I can go ahead and call Fedor a pussy, and the reason i can do that is because i know i will never fight him. GSP would destroy Diaz, so would Hughes.

No way Diaz would submitt Hughes. Diaz would pick him apart on the feet and then Matt would take him down but get submitted...The only way he'd beat Diaz is by LNP...

Diaz & GSP would be a great fight becuase they match up well on the feet and GSP will end up shooting for some GNP but Diaz would submitt him IMO. If freakin Hughes can submitt him, Diaz will submit him...

WAR DIAZ!!!

Post #8   10/13/07 11:22:56PM   

puppetmaster837

Standup Guy

puppetmaster837 Avatar

Career:216-132
Chips:

Posted by NatedawgThaM

No way Diaz would submitt Hughes. Diaz would pick him apart on the feet and then Matt would take him down but get submitted...The only way he'd beat Diaz is by LNP...

Diaz & GSP would be a great fight becuase they match up well on the feet and GSP will end up shooting for some GNP but Diaz would submitt him IMO. If freakin Hughes can submitt him, Diaz will submit him...

WAR DIAZ!!!

I do think that Hughes could LnP with Diaz. His wrestling is too good and he is too powerful, he would be able to control Diaz on the ground.

Post #9   10/13/07 11:25:55PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Chips:

Posted by NatedawgThaM

WAR DIAZ!!!

I do think that Hughes could LnP with Diaz. His wrestling is too good and he is too powerful, he would be able to control Diaz on the ground.

That is true but if Hughes LNP'd Diaz you would never here the end of it from Nick Diaz lol

Post #10   10/13/07 11:35:59PM   

JimiMak

WarWagon Never Die!

JimiMak Avatar

Career:454-333
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
Again, Diaz MAY be top 10 in LW... but no way he hangs w/ the top WW's. That's why he go cut, he was very mediocre. I realize your just tryin to support your guy, it's not like your trollin or anything, but I think GSP and Hughes both beat him however they want.

Post #11   10/14/07 2:09:25AM   

bullettdodger

BANNED

bullettdodger Avatar

Career:332-207
Chips:

Posted by JimiMak

Again, Diaz MAY be top 10 in LW... but no way he hangs w/ the top WW's. That's why he go cut, he was very mediocre. I realize your just tryin to support your guy, it's not like your trollin or anything, but I think GSP and Hughes both beat him however they want.

I don't know about mediocre but Hughes and GSP would both be able to beat him in Welterweight. Awesome Light Weight though and a personal favorite of mine.

Post #12   10/14/07 4:05:26AM