Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Trigg vs Misaki

Print  
Trigg vs Misaki
(This poll is closed.)
Frank Trigg 10 42%
Kazuo Misaki 14 58%
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

fedorwins1

MMA Sensei

Career:552-270
Chips:
I think that this fight will be a war! I'm picking Trigg to win, Misaki has had alot of luck here lately and I think it's going to end. Misaki beat a horrible looking Dan Henderson that didn't look like he wanted to fight he just stood in the ring looking at Misaki lol. Lost to Filho. Then beat a badly hurt Dennis Kang. I don't see why people are picking Misaki to win. Trigg is coming off a huge win over very talented Miller and beat him fairly easily. I think that Trigg will pull out the Dec. after a crazy exciting fight.

Who do you think is going to win and why?

Last edited 2/7/07 8:36AM server time by fedorwins1
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   2/6/07 4:53:09PM   

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Career:377-180
Chips:
Kinda useless poll since you just have to check the picks and you know the real result.

But if you did it because you wanted to know the reason behind the pick I understand you.
I feel kinda stupid but I just wouldn't be able to stand the thought of an almost retired Trigg with back to back losses in the 170 division beating the guy who won the freakin 183 pound GP and beat Denis Kang in the finals.

I know it might be a pretty big possibility but I just don't want it to happen. I don't want any idiots doing MMAth all over the place saying Trigg is one of the best 183-185er in the world.

Hopefully Misaki has more tools in his box to beat Trigg and I also think his boxing is a little sharper.

I pick Misaki.

Post #2   2/6/07 5:50:00PM   

Kudos

Learning to Sprawl

Kudos Avatar

Career:72-49
Chips:

Posted by fedorwins1

I think that this fight will be a war! I'm picking Trigg to win, Misaki has had alot of luck here lately and I think it's going to end. Misaki beat a horrible looking Dan Henderson that didn't look like he wanted to fight he just stood in the ring looking at Misaki lol. Lost to Filho. Then beat a badly hurt Dennis Kang. I don't see why people are picking Misaki to win. Trigg is coming off a huge win over very talented Miller and beat him fairly easily. I think that Trigg will pull out the Dec. after a crazy exciting fight.

Who do you think is going to win and why?

I don't see Trigg winning at all. just because Trigg beat Mayhem mean nothing. Misaki fight with top 10 fighters, and Trigg haven't at middleweight.

Post #3   2/6/07 6:03:21PM   

JimiMak

WarWagon Never Die!

JimiMak Avatar

Career:454-333
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
Misaki is no top 5er, but neither is trigg. Misaki seems to still have room for improvement. I think Trigg has shown what he has and was lucky to get such a dominant win so late in his career. And who doesn't lose to filho? So far he looks to be the man to rule the 183/5 lbs divisions for the next few years. I think the only way this goes to decision is if it is boring. If it is exciting, I'm sure one of them will end it. I'm going w/ Misaki, mainly on a feeling.

Post #4   2/6/07 6:59:59PM   

JoeMimic

MMA Regular

JoeMimic Avatar

Career:1,741-1,058
Camp: The Underground
Chips:
Trigg looked great against Mayhem but Misaki has been going up against top competition and I'm expecting him to pull it out. My gut says Trigg will get the upset here though; this is one of the Pride fights that I'm really unsure of.

Post #5   2/6/07 7:33:38PM   

Thalzaar

Learning to Sprawl

Thalzaar Avatar

Career:1,231-735
Camp: Mack Mafia Hitsquad
Chips:
Yeah, this fight should be a good one. I was having a tough time choosing as well, but decided to go with Trigg. Could go either way in my opinion, but I feel Trigg can take this one home.

Post #6   2/6/07 7:44:19PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
Trigg is getting kinda old for the fightgame. Before his match with miller he was + 200 lbs. We will never see him at WW again. I dont see him being able to use his size as much at 185. Seems like he won't have the same strength.

Post #7   2/6/07 7:52:57PM   

tunefish

Learning to Sprawl

tunefish Avatar

Career:1,084-713
Camp: Camp David
Chips:
Hoping for misaki, picking trigg by missionary position.

Post #8   2/6/07 7:54:39PM   

Lay_N_Pray

In Full Mount

Lay_N_Pray Avatar

Career:253-130
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:
Misaki is starting to get hot and who knows how long it can last. He seems to have a lot of skill and he just has to fight smart and he would be tough for anyone to beat.

Trigg is past his prime...plain and simple, its all downhill from here for Frank

Post #9   2/6/07 8:16:05PM   

jmoooooo

MMA Regular

jmoooooo Avatar

Career:501-328
Chips:
trigg i think has the tools and the experience......consistency has been his problem.....

never been a huge trigg fan, but nobody wants to see a fighter go out on a string of losses......win one and then retire

trigg by sympathy

Post #10   2/6/07 11:05:18PM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:
Hmmmm......experiece and skill vs a scrapper

Misaki is touch and a real pain in the ass scrapper but i think trigg can control him on the ground and outstrike him

Post #11   2/6/07 11:30:45PM   

aceprone

Standup Guy

aceprone Avatar

Career:1,037-635
Camp: Slackers
Chips:
I think Trigg is an overratted fighter. Most of his fights that he has won is because of his "dirty" fighting style. I'm sure we can see Trigg punching Misaki a couple times in the face when the ref tells them to separate. And we'll see Trigg kick Misaki a couple times in the balls hoping the ref doesn't catch it. With those elements combined Trigg can pull something off. Trigg may take it to the distance but I don't think he's going to over whelm Misaki.

Post #12   2/6/07 11:49:38PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,924-1,081
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I agree that Trigg only wins if he fight's dirty.Masaki is a much more complete fighter IMO. I'd like it if Misaki nutted him first.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #13   2/7/07 3:32:45AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
I hope Misaki wins b/c i have uite a few $$$ laid down on him.

Post #14   2/7/07 6:50:11AM   

jocksmall

In Full Mount

Career:213-134
Chips:
i will cheer for trigg, but i will be for not hard to see too many ways he wins

Post #15   2/7/07 7:24:18PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2