Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

With Randy leaving, will UFC fighters demand more?

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

tuvok500

GSP will Comeback JUMP !!!

tuvok500 Avatar

Career:2,237-1,202
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:

Posted by thepunisher

When i posted about the fighters in Couture's camp I am talking about guys like Forrest, Tyson Gifftin, Gray Maynard and so on and so forth. these guys get paid at most $30,000 a fight and that is going with the highest paid guy.
You ask how much money they need well every time they step into the cage it could be the last time a serious injury or god forbid a death. So they need to make enough money that they can live of it for the rest of their lives and support their famlies

here is an example Forrest Griffin: $44,000 (8th fight in UFC; defeated Mauricio Rua; includes win bonus of $22,000)

he fights 3 times at the most 4 if he wins every fight he would make at the most $176,000 let say his fight he blows out his knee and can never fight again. how long will that money last

yeah man, i agree, read my post above yours.

i am telling that these muti millionaire fighters should stop being greedy and that the others fighters who are receiving ridiculous money should be paid more.
maybe my english need some upgrade.
i disagree when you said that these guys will do like couture, but not that they are greedy, it is couture and these 5% guys on top of the paid bill who are receiving enough and sometime too much.

my humanitary stuff was not against you !!!

Last edited 10/12/07 4:16PM server time by tuvok500
Edit note/reason: n/a

Ad: FanDuel: Play Daily Fantasy Sports

Post #16   10/12/07 3:59:44PM   

loonytnt

MMA Sensei

loonytnt Avatar

Career:299-241
Camp: Diaz Fan Club
Chips:
fighter will be looking at fedors 10mil a fight and go ummm i got 14k for beating Chuck!! yes fighter will want more

Post #17   10/12/07 6:49:50PM   

abergeron

Learning to Sprawl

Career:178-104
Camp: Billy's Badasses
Chips:
I think Randy standing up to the UFC and demanding more respect is a step in the right direction for the sport. I think that a time is coming soon where individual MMA fighters much like boxers will be more like independent contractors meaning that they could have the ability to fight whomever they wish in whatever venue they wish . This is better for the fighters because instead of the lions share of profits going into the hands of organizations like the UFC the profits will go where they belong into the hands of the fighters

Post #18   10/12/07 7:11:48PM   

tuvok500

tuvok500 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by abergeron

I think Randy standing up to the UFC and demanding more respect is a step in the right direction for the sport. I think that a time is coming soon where individual MMA fighters much like boxers will be more like independent contractors meaning that they could have the ability to fight whomever they wish in whatever venue they wish . This is better for the fighters because instead of the lions share of profits going into the hands of organizations like the UFC the profits will go where they belong into the hands of the fighters

i hope that you understand that if the money goes in the fighter pocket, you can be sure that you will have a drop of event to watch because that no fighter will want to build a compagnie and start to pay for all the thing to put an event on ppv.

Post #19   10/12/07 7:22:03PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
I think we could see a Fighter's union, with Randy at the head perhaps? They would have benifits and good wages. I like my idea

Post #20   10/12/07 7:24:28PM   

abergeron

Learning to Sprawl

Chips:
The PPV's and card's in all likely hood won't be put on by the individual fighter(s) there will still be promoters, but instead of the promoters being like the UFC and demanding complete and total loyalty they will be like don king or bob aram in boxing who put together individual cards and in general have more favorable financial terms for individual fighters. Keep in mind that any boxer on the under card of a championship ppv generally make at least 100k per fight with champs making 3 million dollars + and these pay per views lately are not getting nowhere near the buys that UFC is getting.

Last edited 10/12/07 7:39PM server time by abergeron

Post #21   10/12/07 7:34:11PM   

tuvok500

tuvok500 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by abergeron

The PPV's and card's in all likely hood won't be put on by the individual fighter(s) there will still be promoters, but instead of the promoters being like the UFC and demanding complete and total loyalty they will be like don king or bob aram in boxing who put together individual cards and in general have more favorable financial terms for individual fighters. Keep in mind that any boxer on the under card of a championship ppv generally make at least 100k per fight with champs making 3 million dollars + and these pay per views lately are not getting nowhere near the buys that UFC is getting.

well,
yeah but, dana has told very often, that he want to go at the complete opposite direction that the boxing do.
it is very boring for the fans to never see a top boxing fight on regular tv and he want to by good for the fans who support the ufc .
and by the ways, in boxing , the top fighter receive like 10 million a fight and the undercard receive like you said maybe 100000$, so the top are pay like 100 times more that the undercard fighters, so if your compare to ufc , like the last one, the top fighter have received 500000$, it was liddell, and the undercard guy was having like between 5000$ and 20000$, and the others were between 20000$ and 150000$ i think, so the gap is lower between the fighter in ufc than it is in boxing.
but i completely agree about giving more to the undercard fighters, but not to give top fighters ridiculous among of money.

the ufc bank account must be see like a place when sometimes you make big money, like on ppv events and sometimes you make less, like when they put a live show on spike, 3 or time a years.

Last edited 10/12/07 8:03PM server time by tuvok500
2 total post edits

Post #22   10/12/07 7:59:47PM   

abergeron

Learning to Sprawl

Chips:

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by abergeron

well,
yeah but, dana has told very often, that he want to go at the complete opposite direction that the boxing do.
it is very boring for the fans to never see a top boxing fight on regular tv and he want to by good for the fans who support the ufc .
and by the ways, in boxing , the top fighter receive like 10 million a fight and the undercard receive like you said maybe 100000$, so the top are pay like 100 times more that the undercard fighters, so if your compare to ufc , like the last one, the top fighter have received 500000$, it was liddell, and the undercard guy was having like between 5000$ and 20000$, and the others were between 20000$ and 150000$ i think, so the gap is lower between the fighter in ufc than it is in boxing.
but i completely agree about giving more to the undercard fighters, but not to give top fighters ridiculous among of money.

the ufc bank account must be see like a place when sometimes you make big money, like on ppv events and sometimes you make less, like when they put a live show on spike, 3 or time a years.

Who cares Dana and the UFC , I want MMA fighters to be payed what they're worth not what some monopolistic entity can get away with. As for the argument that their will be less events nothing can be further from the truth typically top boxers have 50 or more fights by the time their careers are over. The fact is there is boxing on television every week and two pay per views a month

Post #23   10/12/07 8:22:24PM   

tuvok500

tuvok500 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by abergeron

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by abergeron

well,

Who cares Dana and the UFC , I want MMA fighters to be payed what they're worth not what some monopolistic entity can get away with. As for the argument that their will be less events nothing can be further from the truth typically top boxers have 50 or more fights by the time their careers are over. The fact is there is boxing on television every week and two pay per views a month

man, the quality of the boxing card that you are so proud about is ridiculous, even the fight with de la hoya / mayweather was boring, so you can start arguing about how good it would be without ufc and dana, but you will not be able to denied the fact that the ufc event are the place to be for a fighter who want to fight in front of more that 100 peoples.
as we speak, there is no others place who pay more that ufc, and don't tell me that fedor will have 10 millions and bla bla bla...
elitexc pay less, bodog pay less, rage cage pay less, and every others that i don't think right now pay less.
you can not take the salarie of the super star of an organization to argue that , this is it, they pay there fighter more, you have to take every salaries and compare after, pride was good but it is over now, so ufc is the one who pay the most.
and , man, we are on the same side , i want to see the undercard fighter gey pay better, but i don't want to see a guy get destroy in 1 min, with a salarie of 2 or 3 million a fight, it will be a joke !!

Last edited 10/12/07 10:43PM server time by tuvok500
2 total post edits

Post #24   10/12/07 10:28:05PM   

roadking95th

In Cael We Trust!

roadking95th Avatar

Career:1,351-714
Chips:

Posted by thepunisher

When i posted about the fighters in Couture's camp I am talking about guys like Forrest, Tyson Gifftin, Gray Maynard and so on and so forth. these guys get paid at most $30,000 a fight and that is going with the highest paid guy.
You ask how much money they need well every time they step into the cage it could be the last time a serious injury or god forbid a death. So they need to make enough money that they can live of it for the rest of their lives and support their famlies

here is an example Forrest Griffin: $44,000 (8th fight in UFC; defeated Mauricio Rua; includes win bonus of $22,000)

he fights 3 times at the most 4 if he wins every fight he would make at the most $176,000 let say his fight he blows out his knee and can never fight again. how long will that money last

How much should they be making? How much should be allocated for each year of life? What should the life expectancy be? Should it be paid out in one lump sum? Perhaps a base salary every year with cost of living adjustments? More if you have a wife? One kid? Multiple kids?

How old is Forest? I don't know. But let's say 30 for arguements sake. What's the average life expectancy? Let's go with 75, since he is an athlete. Now, that's 45 years of life left. How much per year? $100,000? That's 4.5 million. Hate to tell you, but $100,000 aint going to be jack in 45 years. One last question, just so I can end this post, if he already has made 4.5 million in one fight, can the UFC then pay him considerably less for future fights? After all, he is already set for life.

Post #25   10/13/07 1:08:14AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2