Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Dana White on the Retirement of Randy Couture

Print  
Posted By Message

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Career:497-280
Chips:
President Dana White sat down with UFC.com editor Thomas Gerbasi to discuss Randy Couture’s retirement.......................

LINK

Last edited 10/12/07 7:44AM server time by CornishMMA
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   10/12/07 6:47:15AM   

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Chips:
"scumbag Hollywood agent"

Dana you are so fcking full of shitt!!!

Post #2   10/12/07 6:50:04AM   

nickcuc547

BANNED

nickcuc547 Avatar

Career:802-477
Chips:

Posted by CornishMMA

how do you know, i love that just because dana is brash and doesnt pull punches that he is full of shit. for all we know he could be telling the truth, dont jump to conclusions and stop being a hater.

Post #3   10/12/07 7:16:15AM   

thepunisher

In Full Mount

thepunisher Avatar

Career:338-213
Camp: MMA Weekly
Chips:
And Fedor has that mystique where people think he’s number one, which I don’t agree with. I think that Fedor is completely overrated – he’s fought Mark Coleman and Matt Lindland in the last year, with Mark Hunt being his only legitimate opponent - and I actually think that Randy Couture would have smashed Fedor.

Come on Dana would you have offered him 1.4 million dollars a fight if you thought that was true. He is talking out of his ass the Ferritas need to get rid of him

Post #4   10/12/07 7:17:37AM   

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Chips:

Posted by nickcuc547

Posted by CornishMMA

how do you know, i love that just because dana is brash and doesnt pull punches that he is full of shit. for all we know he could be telling the truth, dont jump to conclusions and stop being a hater.

Dude wtf are you even saying? so "he could be telling the truth" that Randy has no mind of his own and its all down to his hollywood agent making him think he should be earning more money .......................... errr yeah dude wtfever!

UFC 74 PPV turnover around $40 million
Randy paid $250,000 and "a %" of PPV sales

Its doesnt add up and Dana is doing the same thing he has always done on the subject of fighter pay - making out the fighters or their management are greedy when the truth is they are being the greedy fckers keeping the vast majority of ufc profits for themselves!

Post #5   10/12/07 7:35:09AM   

Chieftan1997

MMA Regular

Chieftan1997 Avatar

Career:1,844-989
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I gotta agree with cornish Dana is full of shit. They need to start paying these guys more $$$$$. Dana and the Fertitta brothers are the greedy swines. It just sucks for us because this won't be the last time we lose a great fighter because of those cheap jerks. Go Randy!!!!! your the man!!!!!!!!

Post #6   10/12/07 9:37:34AM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:
I'm with Cornish as well... When you read questions like "And he negotiated the terms of this contract, right?" then "Until he perseved someone was making more money?"... It's almost as if it's scripted to make Randy look like the bad guy...

However it was put a few posts ago... To paraphrase, Dana's (Zuffa) making millions, fighters are comparitively making peanuts... But randy's the greedy one for wanting more money... Riiiight, sure Dana, whatever you say boss

Post #7   10/12/07 10:10:19AM   

keith-hackney1

Belt Contender

keith-hackney1 Avatar

Career:274-221
Chips:
dana has done this in the past, thats why i know that he deliberately screwed couture on financing the contracts, luring fedor into the the bait and making fedor the richer fighter when the ufc heavyweight champ gets a small cut of cash, even though he's the ******* champ. Remember sean sherks wages for the fight against franca ?? He was payed less as the champion compared to bonnar who was on a huge paycheck for fighting on the preliminary card. People on the internet said that bonnar's contract was set up before hand so that he got "x" amount for each fight, were as sherks contract was a title defence on a pre arranged 3 fight contract soon to expire. Thats bullshit, if sherk had like two fights left on his contract after he just won the ufc belt, surely dana would have extended or changed his contract now he was fighting for the ufc as their champion. Its like a step up in a job, the higher you go, the better the pay, right ?? .. The ufc has a few contract **** ups that have slipped through on the internet over the past few years. I feel sorry for couture, the ufc have tried to stitch him up, and his new agent has saved him from getting ripped off. Couture walks away, he wont be back, dana has done it for him this time !!!!!

Post #8   10/12/07 11:22:57AM   

iwannabesedated

banned

iwannabesedated Avatar

Career:575-327
Chips:

Posted by nickcuc547

=

Props to you all the Dana hating is lame.Its not like any of us are behind the scenes in the UFC and Know's what goes on.No Randy No Fedor No Problem.Theres A shitload of other awesome fighters in the UFC and why pay someone millions of dollars to fight when they have a chance of losing.I mean what if the UFC offered Shogun a huge ridiculous boxer's amount of money like millions and comes over and gets beat on by a guy who isn't even considered a top ten fighter in his weight class.I dont know if the Pride fans still have sand in their vaginas from the UFC buyin them out or what.But why hate Dana when he tried to make this fight and many others happen..he said for 5 years he tried to put the Pride and UFC guys together to find out who is the best.So if Randy and Fedor want the money then go elsewhere.I want to see guys fight cause they love and have the heart to fight not cause they want big money.Wasnt Matt Hughes offered a ridiculous amount of money to fight somewhere and turned them down..I remember reading that rumors along time ago somewhere on here.So whatever flame me bash me i really dont care MMA will live without Randy and Fedor..Like i said theres soo many great fighters out there who cares if you dont these 2 dont fight in the UFC.And a perfect example of paying someone too much and them is Chuck and he knocked Randy out twice.sooooooo..flame on Dana haters

Post #9   10/12/07 11:26:12AM   

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Chips:
You are missing the fact that Dana is blaming everyone else but himself!

Randys hollywood agent is telling him how to think, Fedors management asked for too much, its the same old crap

How do YOU know dana did everything he could? cos to us "dana haters" you like to label us as (and ive never really critisized dana before) we are just all too aware of the amount of $$$ they must make in profit and we see how much of that he offers these guys, and also how much he wants to keep the rights to fedors likeliness and all stuff like that which makes him a few extra million, they never negotiate they just offer the bare miminum and get all stubborn if the fighters wants more!

Post #10   10/12/07 12:36:29PM   

MMAnomale

MMA Regular

MMAnomale Avatar

Career:155-77
Chips:
Nobody knows the complete truth of the matter except Dana and Randy.
What we DO know is, if the ownership (Fertittas, Dana) don't start paying the fighters more, they will continue leaving the UFC until it is no longer the premeir league in MMA.

Post #11   10/12/07 12:36:38PM   

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Chips:

Posted by MMAnomale

Nobody knows the complete truth of the matter except Dana and Randy.

Not really - we know he got paid $250,000 and a %, but the event turned over $40 million in PPV then theres tickets/merchandise etc etc, yet Chuck is getting twice that and as Randy thinks other are getting more also and he isnt even the 2nd highest paid!

Post #12   10/12/07 12:41:33PM   

nickcuc547

BANNED

nickcuc547 Avatar

Career:802-477
Chips:
im not saying dana is telling the truth, im saying that nobody knows exactly what happened. i dont know what happened and im not going to pretend that i do, but after hearing both statments it sounds like a money dispute, now there are two sides to ever story, and instead of getting on dana im going to stand back and be objective.

Post #13   10/12/07 2:42:32PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:
i have always liked dana, he always seemed to have principle when he spoke publicly and he always seemed to have some integrity. but as of late, i am beginning to question it. i can't help to feel that dana is just bullshitting us. i am conflicted right now, and i want to believe that dana is speaking from the heart, but i just can't do that right now. randy couture is a man who is invaluable to the ufc, if i was dana i would do anything to get fedor for at least one fight so randy could go out against him, and it would be the one of the biggest fight in mma history and the UFC would profit so much from it. i am confused about dana and the future of the ufc, but in the meantime im sure the ufc will continue to thrive, however there will always be that emptiness in my heart where randy was.

Post #14   10/12/07 3:08:46PM   

Sam_Rothstein

Belt Contender

Sam_Rothstein Avatar

Career:950-555
Chips:
the 2nd best contract in the ufc? if $250,000 plus a perecent of ppv sales is the 2nd best contract in the ufc then you have a problem

oscar de la hoya made 20 million for his last fight, and he lost

granted i don't think they should pay everyone millions of dollars, but for a guy who has been fighting since the early ufc days and is the current defending heavyweight champion he should make more money then $250,000 a fight

Post #15   10/13/07 6:48:27AM