Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

E 60: Kimbo on ESPN???

Print  
Posted By Message

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:
i was watching ESPN a few days ago and i saw their commercial for their new program E 60, which airs Tuesday October 16th. on the commercial, i could have sworn i saw kimbo. now this show is supposed to take an inside look at different sports. now i saw this ad one more time and now i am certain kimbo is in it. i just hope they don't choose kimbo to represent mma, and if they do, then i will be really pissed off. anyway tell me your opinion on this and what you think of kimbo representing mma.

Post #1   10/10/07 3:05:15PM   

D0wnUnd6e6r

Waka / Jawaka

D0wnUnd6e6r Avatar

Career:2,441-1,420
Chips:

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r
like who the hell is this guy, come on. His only weapon is the stand up (not including the clinch, as his teams is always screaming in the background NO KNEES NO KNEES!!!) and somehow now in his fights theres this no choking rule. Kimbo's a cheap street fighter although powerfull, I still couldnt make out any skill in his striking game. Bringing this guy into any mma circle is an insult to all of those real fighters, I think, and I just can't really respect the fact that he had to do drugs b4 every one of his street fights so he couldnt feel shit when he got hit... Now i know i can't be the only one feeling like this...

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Wait UFC fighter??? Sean Gannon ain't no UFC fighter lol... and well Kimbo got schooled by him. So if someone as unexperienced as Gannon can beat Kimbo like he did, why even ask what UFC fighter would smash him??? Like everyone said, ALL OF EM' !!!

Just for kicks i'd like to see Fedor just deeeeeestroy his face

...Thats my opinion on Kimbo representing mma...

Last edited 10/10/07 3:33PM server time by D0wnUnd6e6r
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #2   10/10/07 3:32:58PM   

babalu2720

In Full Mount

babalu2720 Avatar

Career:1,245-647
Chips:

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

i was watching ESPN a few days ago and i saw their commercial for their new program E 60, which airs Tuesday October 16th. on the commercial, i could have sworn i saw kimbo. now this show is supposed to take an inside look at different sports. now i saw this ad one more time and now i am certain kimbo is in it. i just hope they don't choose kimbo to represent mma, and if they do, then i will be really pissed off. anyway tell me your opinion on this and what you think of kimbo representing mma.

Well its obvious what we are going to think about Kimbo repping MMA....he is the epitome of a streetfighter and thug...now I don't mind him fighting MMA at all, he can be a good fighter, I just think it is unfair and will play right into the hands of the critics against the UFC and the sport of MMA to have Kimbo representing it. We all would probaly want Rampage or probaly a safer pick would be Couture to represent MMA

Post #3   10/10/07 8:39:13PM   

mikevolz

Standup Guy

mikevolz Avatar

Career:183-111
Camp: The Stedman Effect
Chips:
i dont understand all the hate on him?

so far him and brock lesnar have the same record.

hes been taking mma seriously, training with bas rutten, and having bas rutten saying hes one of his hardest working, fastest learners?

and they are saying brock lesnar will be in the ufc soon?

Post #4   10/11/07 12:49:37AM   

gravy13

Standup Guy

gravy13 Avatar

Career:347-224
Chips:

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Yeah, I saw it too. It was KImbo.

Post #5   10/11/07 12:54:03AM   

gravy13

Standup Guy

gravy13 Avatar

Career:347-224
Chips:

Posted by mikevolz

i dont understand all the hate on him?

so far him and brock lesnar have the same record.

hes been taking mma seriously, training with bas rutten, and having bas rutten saying hes one of his hardest working, fastest learners?

and they are saying brock lesnar will be in the ufc soon?

I wouldn't call it hate. I would rather see someone who didn't become popular from unsanctioned backyard streetfights represent MMA. Don't get me wrong, they are entertaining to watch, but it would be better to see someone like a Couture or a GSP instead.

Post #6   10/11/07 1:03:31AM   

youknowit

Learning to Sprawl

youknowit Avatar

Career:330-267
Camp: HardHitters
Chips:
Id like to see him in the UFC or Strike Force. He needs to fight a top ranked Opp. I think it would be fun.

Post #7   10/11/07 6:35:02AM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:

Posted by youknowit

Id like to see him in the UFC or Strike Force. He needs to fight a top ranked Opp. I think it would be fun.

he just signed with elite xc...

but even still i dont like having him as a representative of mma, he is just a thug who is now learning to revise and sharpen his fighting skills. if kimbo is the one they chose to represent mma, then the general public will have a misconstrued view of mma based on a poor representative. having kimbo represent mma is like having a team who just joined the nfl and only played one week represent football, it just isn't good for the sport

Post #8   10/11/07 2:15:57PM   

BigTomZ

MMA Regular

BigTomZ Avatar

Career:280-166
Camp: The Pit
Chips:
I said the same thing when I saw that the other day. I was like "is that really Kimbo Slice on ESPN".

He was a talented street fighter who wised up and saw there was a better way to utilize his abilities. Not necessarily a bad story. Hopefully kids would look at him and see that street fighting is not going to get you anywhere.

Last edited 10/11/07 4:07PM server time by BigTomZ
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #9   10/11/07 4:06:23PM