Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Rob McCullough in UFC?

Print  
Posted By Message

waylon_o

In Full Mount

waylon_o Avatar

Career:162-90
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:
I have a question...how do you guys think Razor Rob would do in the UFC? I've watched a few of his fights and he's a phenomenal striker and his ground game isn't bad. I'm personally a big fan of his and would like to see him come over to the UFC some day. Does anyone know anything about his WEC contract or heard any rumors? I mean...he is the WEC LW champ and their LW division isn't bad at all.

Post #1   10/10/07 12:08:05PM   

adamsb

MMA Regular

adamsb Avatar

Career:531-352
Chips:
idk but i would love to see him fight in the UFC and beat k-flows ass

Post #2   10/10/07 1:05:22PM   

waylon_o

In Full Mount

waylon_o Avatar

Career:162-90
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:
That's a good point...Ken-Flo and his elbows would be a good fight for Rob. I really like both fighters...but I think I would pick Rob in this one.

Post #3   10/10/07 1:08:59PM   

BigEvil

Standup Guy

BigEvil Avatar

Career:342-204
Camp: SC MMA
Chips:
Razor Rob is cool, but I think the UFC is trying to establish the WEC's roster of fighters, so I doubt they would bring him over.

Post #4   10/10/07 1:17:21PM   

jgordon85

MMA Regular

jgordon85 Avatar

Career:1,789-1,188
Camp: Team Twisted
Chips:
i like razor rob. he had a good victory on the last wec event. he would be good for the ufc but i think he is staying in wec he is one of the poster boys.

Post #5   10/10/07 1:50:11PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:
He's good but he should have 3-4 more fights before he comes to the UFC because the LW division is so stacked he'll need all the experience he can get. he would do alright but I don't see him beating BJ, Sherk, Fisher, Edgar, Tavares, or Griffin...Has good potential though,,,

Post #6   10/10/07 1:54:31PM   

fedorwins1

MMA Sensei

Career:552-270
Chips:

Posted by waylon_o

That's a good point...Ken-Flo and his elbows would be a good fight for Rob. I really like both fighters...but I think I would pick Rob in this one.

Hmm really? I would pick Kenflo, because he's a smart fighter and won't stand and bang with Razor Rob, he'll take him down and submit him unlike Crunkilton. I think Razor Rob is a great striker, but in the UFC it's dominated by wrestlers and BJJ fighters, I think Rob would have to work on TD defense and BJJ to hang with the top dogs in the UFC.

Post #7   10/10/07 3:32:50PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Chips:

Posted by fedorwins1

Posted by waylon_o

Hmm really? I would pick Kenflo, because he's a smart fighter and won't stand and bang with Razor Rob, he'll take him down and submit him unlike Crunkilton. I think Razor Rob is a great striker, but in the UFC it's dominated by wrestlers and BJJ fighters, I think Rob would have to work on TD defense and BJJ to hang with the top dogs in the UFC.

maybe a little GNP too? He trains with Tito so he can definitely improve his wrestling, and since he has great hands he could sprawl and brawl better and have an alternate if people like GSP & Fitch pick apart his stand up...

Post #8   10/10/07 4:01:01PM   

fedorwins1

MMA Sensei

Career:552-270
Chips:

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Posted by fedorwins1

Posted by waylon_o

maybe a little GNP too? He trains with Tito so he can definitely improve his wrestling, and since he has great hands he could sprawl and brawl better and have an alternate if people like GSP & Fitch pick apart his stand up...

He's a LW so he won't have to worry about GSP, but he'll have to worry about Stevenson, Edgar, Sherk, and BJ.

Post #9   10/10/07 4:03:13PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Chips:

Posted by fedorwins1

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Posted by fedorwins1

Posted by waylon_o

He's a LW so he won't have to worry about GSP, but he'll have to worry about Stevenson, Edgar, Sherk, and BJ.

Oh shit LMAO!!!! I got mixed up...I mean people like Edgar, Fisher and Huerta... LOL MY BAD!!!

I get confused because to me Razor Rob looks so much bigger then Carlos Condit probably because Condit is a little small for WW and Razor is pretty big for LW?

Last edited 10/10/07 4:07PM server time by Natedawgtham
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #10   10/10/07 4:05:34PM   

bayonetxwork

In Full Mount

bayonetxwork Avatar

Career:114-60
Camp: TUFFS Fight Club
Chips:
I think he's perfect where he is right now. Champion at WEC is probably the best place for him. If he comes to the UFC, he'll do decent, but he'll be on the level of Florian, and stuck there IMO. He won't beat the top guys, but will definitely destroy the up and comers when called upon.

Just for the record, I'd pick Florian to win that fight by submission earrrrrlly.

Post #11   10/10/07 5:02:03PM