Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Guida -VS- Huerta - WHO WILL WIN?

Print  
How will the fight end?
Guida win KO/TKO 10 9%
Guida win Sub 5 5%
Guida win Decision 40 37%
Huerta win KO/TKO 15 14%
Huerta win Sub 5 5%
Huerta win Decision 33 31%
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

crixa1

Learning to Sprawl

Career:106-63
Camp: Xtreme Couture
Chips:
i got huerta. i think he is gonna get his fourth tko.

Post #16   10/15/07 2:57:04AM   

keith-hackney1

Belt Contender

keith-hackney1 Avatar

Career:274-221
Chips:
guida will win by split dec.

Post #17   10/15/07 3:47:33PM   

EvilScott

MMA Regular

EvilScott Avatar

Career:681-409
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
Huerta's had problems with the journeyman wrestlers the UFC has been feeding him - remember he's just been fighting debuting fighters for a while now.

Guida has been in there with the best in the division - and he's a hell of a wrestler.

I don't see this going well for Huerta.

Post #18   10/15/07 6:01:58PM   

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Career:497-280
Chips:

Posted by EvilScott

Huerta's had problems with the journeyman wrestlers the UFC has been feeding him - remember he's just been fighting debuting fighters for a while now.

Guida has been in there with the best in the division - and he's a hell of a wrestler.

I don't see this going well for Huerta.

But its a simlar thing with the Edgar Fisher fight, i KNOW Edgar/Guida can take their opponent down and win that way but they have both got a love for "puttong on a good show" and staying standing and slugging, particularly Clay who did that quite alot against Tyson instead of looking for the takedown, stick to what youre best at i say

Post #19   11/9/07 4:47:52AM   

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Chips:
Im still surprised by the poll results, where are all the Huerta fanboys who think hes the toughest LW on the planet?

Currently its 37-30 to Clay

BUT

The picks on the site are currently like this -

Clay "The Carpenter" Guida (1376) 40%

Roger "El Matador" Huerta (2078) 60%

Thats more what i expected, and clearly by Decision is the smartest pick to make

Post #20   11/9/07 5:58:05AM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:

Posted by CornishMMA

Im still surprised by the poll results, where are all the Huerta fanboys who think hes the toughest LW on the planet?

Currently its 37-30 to Clay

BUT

The picks on the site are currently like this -

Clay "The Carpenter" Guida (1376) 40%

Roger "El Matador" Huerta (2078) 60%

Thats more what i expected, and clearly by Decision is the smartest pick to make

Darn, alot of people are gonna lose there money on the site

Guida will out wrestle him(NOT LNP!!!) he will outstrike him and there JJ is about the same. Heurta has been beating no names. Guida has fought the best. If Huerta comes in with the same attitude he had with those ther debuting fighters against Guida, he's going to be hurt really bad.

IMO Huerta is overrated for the Garcia fight. Garcia came in on two weeks notice and wasn't aggressive at all. Guida is going to kill him...

Post #21   11/9/07 8:04:33AM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:

Posted by loller90278

is it just me that thinks that guida isn't very good at anything? his striking is horrible, horrible jiu jitsu.. the only thing he has going for him is his subpar wrestling skills and cardio.. i think huerta has much more talent (impressed me in the crane fight) on the ground, and much more talent (impressed me in the garcia fight) standing up.

if guida doesnt grind this one out and lay on top of him doing nothing too much for 3 rounds, i say huerta wins. but most probably guida is gonna get the decision

LOL apparently someone does need a history lesson. Guida has probably one of the best scrambles and best shoots in the LW division. Maybe you missed his fights before, or you didn't watch the war between he and Tyson Griffin which aired on UFC Unleashed this week. Three round war that never stopped in action.

In my opinion this is an easy pick for a Guida decision. Guida constantly works to finish his opponents and smother them with shoot after shoot and fist after foot after fist. Huerta's got good cardio, too but I see him getting frustrated with the Guida onslaught and losing his will for the fight.

Post #22   11/9/07 11:22:51AM   

KissMyBallz

MMA Regular

KissMyBallz Avatar

Career:7-7
Chips:
Guida is a very technical MMA fighter. Huerta seems to play just off emotion, basically reminds me of a street fighter.

After watching IMO the best MMA fight of the year in Guida/Griffin, there is no way in hell Huerta can beat Guida. Guida is arguably a #2 or #3 guy in his weight class (that's just my opnion), and Huerta isnt gonna have enough. It's just not gonna happen. Guida is too sharp all around.

Post #23   11/9/07 12:36:07PM   

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Chips:
Yep i also think Huerta would lose to the 2 other common opponents and similar fighters - Tyson and Edgar

Damn i thought i was going to be in the minority in knowing Clay will win, its good its 60/40 but i was hoping for there to be more Huerta fanboys who dont guage quality of opponents, oh and yeah its still LOL at a Clay LNP win

Post #24   11/10/07 9:47:19AM   

kofranklin

MMA Regular

Career:98-42
Chips:
Huerta by decision.

Post #25   11/10/07 10:40:28AM   

Aaronno9

King in the North

Aaronno9 Avatar

Career:798-457
Camp: MMA Worldwide
Chips:
I cant see any area which rodger could take this fight. I think his best chance is mabeys sneaking a sub for the bottom, and i tihnk clay will gnp his way to a UD.

Post #26   11/10/07 11:06:00AM   

Franklinfan47

Gettin Paper!

Franklinfan47 Avatar

Career:2,562-1,399
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I think we can all agree its going to be a very tough fight for both fighters. I see Huerta pulling out the unanimous decison over Clay.

Post #27   11/12/07 12:55:51AM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by loller90278

is it just me that thinks that guida isn't very good at anything? his striking is horrible, horrible jiu jitsu.. the only thing he has going for him is his subpar wrestling skills and cardio.. i think huerta has much more talent (impressed me in the crane fight) on the ground, and much more talent (impressed me in the garcia fight) standing up.

if guida doesnt grind this one out and lay on top of him doing nothing too much for 3 rounds, i say huerta wins. but most probably guida is gonna get the decision

LOL apparently someone does need a history lesson. Guida has probably one of the best scrambles and best shoots in the LW division. Maybe you missed his fights before, or you didn't watch the war between he and Tyson Griffin which aired on UFC Unleashed this week. Three round war that never stopped in action.

In my opinion this is an easy pick for a Guida decision. Guida constantly works to finish his opponents and smother them with shoot after shoot and fist after foot after fist. Huerta's got good cardio, too but I see him getting frustrated with the Guida onslaught and losing his will for the fight.

you can possibly compare this fight to tyson griffin vs guida, or u can compare it to gil melendez vs guida.. in my mind im comparing it to the latter.

yeah guida is a workhorse and he hustles his butt for all 3 rounds and lays it all out on the table but i just think that huerta has a lot more talent, or potential for talent than he has.

you guys can say that huerta has been fighting cans but his last opponent is a BJJ blackbelt and is one of the best in the world, and not only did huerta not get subbed, but he almost pulled a kimura on him!

we'll see how this fight goes.

Post #28   11/12/07 2:19:05AM   

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Franklinfan47

I think we can all agree its going to be a very tough fight for both fighters. I see Huerta pulling out the unanimous decison over Clay.

No i dont agree
I think its a fast exciting LW fight but theres little doubt Clay takes it 30-27

Post #29   11/12/07 7:12:29AM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:
Both guys have amazing cardio, and Guida has a chin from hell. I think that Guida is involved in another controversial split decision, but this time in his favor.

Post #30   11/12/07 8:30:30AM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3