Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Marcus Davis: where should he go from here?

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:

Posted by Scott_Revels
...Most likely the same result if he fought Karo too.

i don't agree with you at all when you say karo will LnP davis. karo/davis would be really exciting and i know that karo doesn't just lay on top of you the whole match. if davis faced karo, there would be a lot of sparks as judo throws, hard punches and good jiu-jitsu skills would be shown. imo karo/davis could definitely be FoN

Post #16   10/8/07 6:54:53PM   

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Career:497-280
Chips:

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

karo/davis would be really exciting and i know that karo doesn't just lay on top of you the whole match. if davis faced karo, there would be a lot of sparks as judo throws, hard punches and good jiu-jitsu skills would be shown. imo karo/davis could definitely be FoN

Damn straight dude, at least we agree on this
Davis never had any BJJ on TUF2 but it has looked really good, i would have to pick Karo tho as im sure he would dominate the fight, Marcus would win the striking but i wouldnt see much happening before Karo takes him down and works on him, stupid to say Karo would LnP, he has never done that ffs!

Post #17   10/9/07 8:34:53AM   

wagere

MMA Regular

wagere Avatar

Career:910-552
Camp: OHIO TOP TEAM
Chips:
I like the Karo Davis fight, I think it would be an exciting fight. I would take Davis his ground game gets slicker evry time out and we all know his stand up is very good. Jorge Gurgel has done a good job with Davis.

Post #18   10/9/07 10:00:33AM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:

Posted by hook_tothe_body

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Kos would resort to LnP in a hurry if he were to fight Davis... No offense to him, but Marcus's standup is lightyears beyond what Kos has learned... Although Josh has a HUGE wrestling advantage, marcus is knowledgable not to get subbed and his heads to hard to get KO'd... Unfortunatley, I see this as a boring decision going to Koscheck, and would rather see Davis fight some one who would push the pace a little more, instead of falling back into his comfort zone

I agree with you, Kos/Davis would most likely be a boring fight. I also agree with you that Kos would more likely than not LnP out a decision.

Now Davis/Fitch would be a fight. Or Davis/Karo. Both would be action-packed fights, I think.

I'd like to see a Davis / Fitch fight as well, but I think Fitch is deserving of a #1 contender match and am not sure if Davis is there yet...

Post #19   10/9/07 10:58:36AM   

gcraig22

MMA Regular

gcraig22 Avatar

Career:617-408
Chips:
Davis should fight Koschek, Karo, And Fitch in that order. Diego would be on the list but he may drop to 155.

Post #20   10/9/07 11:44:34AM   

kimoron

MMA Regular

kimoron Avatar

Career:687-420
Chips:
davis's last few fights have been impressive but i dont think that he is ready for a top ten guy yet. id like to see davis/alves. it would be an interesting fight and with both guys having fought recently i could definately see these guys matched up.

Post #21   10/9/07 7:33:00PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:

Posted by kimoron

davis's last few fights have been impressive but i dont think that he is ready for a top ten guy yet. id like to see davis/alves. it would be an interesting fight and with both guys having fought recently i could definately see these guys matched up.

yea but i think he is in the top ten. i know he hasn't gone up against top ten fighters, but i still feel he makes the 10th spot in my book. i think a fight between him and karo would be the most exciting and it could happen in the near future if silva wants it to, which he wont. i know i sound like im on his nuts a little bit, but davis has really improved and every time he steps into the octagon he gets soo much better. his bjj has improved tenfold and i just can't wait to see how he does againt the best in the world. i'm not saying he would win against tthe top competition, but he would sure as hell put up a great fight.

Post #22   10/9/07 10:27:15PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2