Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Josh Koscheck to fight in early 2008

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

aznteabagger

In Full Mount

aznteabagger Avatar

Career:618-368
Chips:
welterweight stand out Josh Koscheck won’t return to action until sometime in early 2008 (January or February) UFCmania.com (www.UFCmania.com) learned today.

LINK

Post #1   10/8/07 9:03:03AM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:
God to hear he's confident. He's one of my favorite fighters. I HOPE SO BAD he fights Marcus Davis, THAT WOULD BE A GREAT FIGHT!!!

Kos's Stand up is good enough to hang with Marcus Davis and not to get KOFO and Davis's ground game is good enough so Kos will have to keep busy because Marcus will be throwing some submissions....

if not Marcus Davis they'll probably give him a 1st or 2nd UFC fight guy just to Gurantee he wins and gets his confidence back....I wish he would have fought Chonann or Alve too...

Post #2   10/8/07 10:06:14AM   

MALICE

MMA Sensei

MALICE Avatar

Career:698-340
Chips:
Ill be looking forward to his next fight. Kos' is still a sponge, soakin' it in, gettin' better every time we see him. I just wish he would use his wrestling more. It's his best weapon. Take 'em down and GnP.

Post #3   10/8/07 12:03:27PM   

MMAnia07

Learning to Sprawl

MMAnia07 Avatar

Career:330-212
Camp: The Bravo Forum
Chips:
I would like to see him fight Jess Liadiun, I personally think it would a be a good fight, with Jess having the ability to make him work on the ground and certainly someone who has a chance to break that wafros chin. I doubt Joe Silva is thinking the same thing, but i proposed it to friends and they think its a solid fight, good way to open UFC 80/81 whichever one is in England.

Post #4   10/8/07 12:17:22PM   

wapttn

MMeh?

wapttn Avatar

Career:254-148
Chips:
Do you guys really like koscheck that much? He got outwrestled by gsp so as 'dominant' as his wrestling is, it doesnt match up to the elite fighters in the division. He talks a lot of smack like he's a top 5 fighter in ww, but who has he beat other than sanchez (who came into that fight with a horrible game plan and refused to adapt), that would put him up there?

Post #5   10/8/07 2:23:09PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:

Posted by wapttn

Do you guys really like koscheck that much? He got outwrestled by gsp so as 'dominant' as his wrestling is, it doesnt match up to the elite fighters in the division. He talks a lot of smack like he's a top 5 fighter in ww, but who has he beat other than sanchez (who came into that fight with a horrible game plan and refused to adapt), that would put him up there?

i think kos is floating around the top five around number six. he is a good fighter, its just that gsp is just on another level. koscheck is always improving and i expect him to grow from his loss and become even better. he should fight karo or hopefully marcus davis, who is one of my favorite fighters. him vs karo would be a great fight and i hope that happens, especially since karo isnt fighting lombard any more.

Post #6   10/8/07 2:32:53PM   

ocho-cinco

In Full Mount

ocho-cinco Avatar

Career:994-597
Camp: nelson top team
Chips:

Posted by wapttn

I agree about the fact that he hasn't beaten anyone elite except Sanchez, so why would he be ranked so high in such a deep division. I think talent wise he is up there, but alot of guys are talented but aren't ranked high. He did go the distance with GSP, not many guys can say that. He is a TUF guy, and you no how Dana loves them. He is a really hard worker, and is always improving so he would be up there eventually anyway.

Post #7   10/8/07 2:46:46PM   

wrona666

In Full Mount

wrona666 Avatar

Career:1,102-674
Chips:
This is for all you Kos fans.....he will never be welterweight champ that is just a simple fact.....the sooner you realize it the sooner you can move on....

Post #8   10/8/07 3:01:07PM   

MALICE

MMA Sensei

MALICE Avatar

Career:698-340
Chips:

Posted by wrona666

This is for all you Kos fans.....he will never be welterweight champ that is just a simple fact.....the sooner you realize it the sooner you can move on....

Move on from what?

Last edited 10/8/07 3:43PM server time by xxMALICExx
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #9   10/8/07 3:10:59PM   

DevonFoxy

MMA Sensei

DevonFoxy Avatar

Career:1,450-848
Chips:

Posted by wrona666

No offense but that is a ridiculous statement to make. Hes been in MMA for two years about and hes already considered top ten in the WW division. I don't understand your reasoning behind your statement i guess. He went 3 rounds with GSP and yea he did get pounded on in the last two rounds but you could have easily gone either way in the first. He was definitely out classed in that match but the fact that GSP has been doing this for a tad bit longer then him makes sense. Every time Kos goes out there his stand up looks better and better. He is crazy athletic and is a quick learner. I really don't think its fair to say his wrestling is overrated either as his match with GSP was more of a statement on just how good GSP's wrestling was (wrona didn't state that but some one else did). Better then Kos had ever thought. I'm thinking Kos will come back with authority and have a much better sprawl and a heck of a stand up game. The future is incredibly bright for Kos so I guess i would like you explain your reasoning behind your statement.

Post #10   10/8/07 3:37:29PM   

wrona666

In Full Mount

wrona666 Avatar

Career:1,102-674
Chips:

Posted by DevonFoxy

Posted by wrona666

No offense but that is a ridiculous statement to make. Hes been in MMA for two years about and hes already considered top ten in the WW division. I don't understand your reasoning behind your statement i guess. He went 3 rounds with GSP and yea he did get pounded on in the last two rounds but you could have easily gone either way in the first. He was definitely out classed in that match but the fact that GSP has been doing this for a tad bit longer then him makes sense. Every time Kos goes out there his stand up looks better and better. He is crazy athletic and is a quick learner. I really don't think its fair to say his wrestling is overrated either as his match with GSP was more of a statement on just how good GSP's wrestling was (wrona didn't state that but some one else did). Better then Kos had ever thought. I'm thinking Kos will come back with authority and have a much better sprawl and a heck of a stand up game. The future is incredibly bright for Kos so I guess i would like you explain your reasoning behind your statement.

i said nothing about his skills just the fact the he will always be that top five guy the never gets gold.......Example would be Dan Marino

Last edited 10/8/07 3:43PM server time by wrona666
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #11   10/8/07 3:41:10PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,746-1,521
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by wrona666

i said nothing about his skills just the fact the he will always be that top five guy the never gets gold.......Example would be Dan Marino

Marino played a team sport. The only thing that can hold Kos back would be himself...so you are either really superstitious or you are insulting his skills.

Post #12   10/8/07 4:08:56PM   

wapttn

MMeh?

wapttn Avatar

Career:254-148
Chips:
GSP = 26
Kos = 29

time is not on koscheck's side.

People keep saying he learns like a sponge, his standup looks so sharp (because that was such a beautiful haymaker to start the first round against gsp), and that his wrestling is elite (even though its a definitive level below gsp, hughes, and fitch). I'm not saying that kos isnt a talented fighter, or that he's not improving.. i'm saying that you need to beat the best to be the best. Which mens if you wanna be top5 you gotta be able to beat people like gsp, hughes, penn, karo, and fitch.

here are his last 5 wins, sandwiched between a loss to gsp and drew fickett

sanchez: was obviously high on shrooms and thought he was mohammed ali
joslin: first ufc fight, didnt have a decent record to begin with (5-2)
goulet: sucks in the ufc, record of 2-3 against medicore opponents
menne: last time he won in the ufc was about 10 years ago
chalangov: 0 wins in the ufc, alves beat him faster and with a tko

Thats a pretty impressive string of wins eh? definately means he belongs in the top10. Honestly, if koscheck had come out and beat the same sanchez that beat karo, and lost to fitch, then i would say koscheck belongs in the top10. But he didnt and maybe we should wait for him to beat someone decent before you put him ahead people who have.

Post #13   10/8/07 4:53:07PM   

loonytnt

MMA Sensei

loonytnt Avatar

Career:299-241
Camp: Diaz Fan Club
Chips:
29 is not that old at all, kos will be back he lost to GSP i gggrreeeaattt fighters so he will be good

Post #14   10/8/07 6:00:51PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,746-1,521
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by wapttn

GSP = 26
Kos = 29

time is not on koscheck's side.

People keep saying he learns like a sponge, his standup looks so sharp (because that was such a beautiful haymaker to start the first round against gsp), and that his wrestling is elite (even though its a definitive level below gsp, hughes, and fitch). I'm not saying that kos isnt a talented fighter, or that he's not improving.. i'm saying that you need to beat the best to be the best. Which mens if you wanna be top5 you gotta be able to beat people like gsp, hughes, penn, karo, and fitch.

here are his last 5 wins, sandwiched between a loss to gsp and drew fickett

sanchez: was obviously high on shrooms and thought he was mohammed ali
joslin: first ufc fight, didnt have a decent record to begin with (5-2)
goulet: sucks in the ufc, record of 2-3 against medicore opponents
menne: last time he won in the ufc was about 10 years ago
chalangov: 0 wins in the ufc, alves beat him faster and with a tko

Thats a pretty impressive string of wins eh? definately means he belongs in the top10. Honestly, if koscheck had come out and beat the same sanchez that beat karo, and lost to fitch, then i would say koscheck belongs in the top10. But he didnt and maybe we should wait for him to beat someone decent before you put him ahead people who have.

The guy has two losses. The loss to GSP is a given as he is flat out better than Kos. The loss to Ficket was just a result of inexperience...he dominated 3 rounds and made a mistake in the final 30 seconds of the fight, but life goes on. His last two wins are against very impressive opponents. You can say what you want to about Diego, but his inferior gameplan is what cost him the match...but regardless, it was a huge win for Koscheck. Joslin's record may not show it, but I would say that Koscheck's victory over him is just as impressive as the one he holds over Diego. Kos isn't ready for a title just yet, but with wins over Diego and Joslin, it's hard to keep him out of the top 6, let alone top 10.

Post #15   10/8/07 7:41:15PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2