Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

GSP Vs Fitch

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

clintjack

MMA Regular

clintjack Avatar

Career:851-536
Chips:
How good would this fight be, I think they will have these 2 fight and that will decide who is next in line to fight other Hughes or Serra.

Post #1   10/8/07 1:37:14AM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:
Nah, This fight will go down after Hughes dominates Serra and then GSP dominates Hughes and around the same time Fitch dominates some other top welter weight and they meet in the summer HOPEFULLY...

But Hell yeah this would be a fast paced ALL OUT WAR since their both INCREDIBALLY WELL ROUNDED. Has WW fight of the year all over it...

Last edited 10/8/07 1:45AM server time by Natedawgtham
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #2   10/8/07 1:44:18AM   

clintjack

MMA Regular

clintjack Avatar

Career:851-536
Chips:
What other top welterweight is there right now? I mean Karo is out there and BJ actually a Penn/Fitch bout would be good as well.

Post #3   10/8/07 1:55:45AM   

Cladrix

Standup Guy

Cladrix Avatar

Career:538-332
Chips:
Yeah GSP vs. Fitch would be an all out slobberknocker. but befor that happens I want to see Akihiro Gono vs. Fitch.... I think this fight will be awesome.

Last edited 10/8/07 2:14AM server time by Cladrix

Post #4   10/8/07 2:12:42AM   

CwB

MMA Sensei

CwB Avatar

Career:221-151
Chips:
if gsp has his head in the game then i think he is unbeatable...
look how he dominated both hughes and koscheck, except for that slip up against serra i think he is the #2 fighter in the world 1 being fedor.

and that is coming from a huge hughes fan
i think fitch would put up a fight but gsp all the way

Post #5   10/8/07 4:07:50AM   

Aries2343

MMA Regular

Aries2343 Avatar

Career:621-418
Camp: Jujiden MMA
Chips:
No Joe Silva already granted GSP his tittle shot it wouldnt be fare if they put him agaist Fitch first

Post #6   10/8/07 7:20:03AM   

mrliquid

Standup Guy

mrliquid Avatar

Career:741-566
Camp: The Pit
Chips:
Karo is awsome I think him and gsp should battle it out to fight the winner of hughes and serra.

Post #7   10/8/07 10:50:17AM   

Tailgunner

MMA Regular

Tailgunner Avatar

Career:143-80
Chips:

Posted by mrliquid

Karo is awsome I think him and gsp should battle it out to fight the winner of hughes and serra.

Why? Karo has already lost to Diego Sanchez and GSP. Karo needs to at the very least fight Koscheck and Fitch before he gets a title shot.

Karo is good but he is still a gatekeeper IMO.

Post #8   10/8/07 1:55:00PM   

johny_rotten

Standup Guy

johny_rotten Avatar

Career:125-71
Camp: 518 Death Squad
Chips:

Posted by Cladrix

Yeah GSP vs. Fitch would be an all out slobberknocker. but befor that happens I want to see Akihiro Gono vs. Fitch.... I think this fight will be awesome.

Gono will lose to Tamden at UFC 78.

Karro/Fitch should deffinitly be the next match for both fighters. Now that Lombard is out they should make this fight happen in NJ.

Post #9   10/8/07 2:02:19PM   

tuvok500

GSP will Comeback JUMP !!!

tuvok500 Avatar

Career:2,009-1,021
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:

Posted by johny_rotten

Posted by Cladrix

Karro/Fitch should deffinitly be the next match for both fighters. Now that Lombard is out they should make this fight happen in NJ.

fitch don't have to fight karro now, he is already higher in the ranking, he won against sanchez who has won against karo.

karo have to win at least 1 other fight before having to fight fitch.

and fitch is now at the point to fight his teamate koscheck to determine who will be the next to fight the futur champion GSP !! so the winner of fitch / koscheck will be the first to lose against the new champ GSP !!!

LOL

Last edited 10/8/07 2:22PM server time by tuvok500

Post #10   10/8/07 2:20:16PM   

johny_rotten

Standup Guy

johny_rotten Avatar

Career:125-71
Camp: 518 Death Squad
Chips:

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by johny_rotten

Posted by Cladrix

fitch don't have to fight karro now, he is already higher in the ranking, he won against sanchez who has won against karo.

and fitch is now at the point to fight his teamate koscheck to determine who will be the next to fight the futur champion GSP !! so the winner of fitch / koscheck will be the first to lose against the new champ GSP !!!

LOL

That is crazy. Karro holds a victory over the current UFC WW champ. Took the former WW champ the distance. Just because he lost a contraversal decision to Diego and Fitch won a contraversal decision over Diego doesn't separate the two that much in the race for the belt. With the wait being long for the next WW title match up these two fighting is the only thing that makes sense.

Post #11   10/8/07 2:34:08PM   

tuvok500

GSP will Comeback JUMP !!!

tuvok500 Avatar

Career:2,009-1,021
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:

Posted by johny_rotten

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by johny_rotten

Posted by Cladrix

LOL

That is crazy. Karro holds a victory over the current UFC WW champ. Took the former WW champ the distance. Just because he lost a contraversal decision to Diego and Fitch won a contraversal decision over Diego doesn't separate the two that much in the race for the belt. With the wait being long for the next WW title match up these two fighting is the only thing that makes sense.

man, karo lost was not contraversal, and fitch win was very clear too, maybe your love for karo make you see something that don't exist.
and the fact that he have a victory over serra is not a reason to put the him 5 spot higher than he should be, serra himself is 10 spot higher than he should be so..

Post #12   10/8/07 2:46:46PM   

ocho-cinco

In Full Mount

ocho-cinco Avatar

Career:994-597
Camp: nelson top team
Chips:

The only contraversial part of Fitchs decision over Sanchez was, why was it even a split? Fitch won that fight hands down. I agree that Karo isn't far behind Fitch but he is behind, and I don't think it would be fair to Fitch for him to have to beat Karo after the long list of guys he has already beaten to get his shot. He has more then proven himself worthy of a title shot and should be next in line after GSP.

Post #13   10/8/07 3:01:55PM   

CwB

MMA Sensei

CwB Avatar

Career:221-151
Chips:
but then what happens,
gsp sits around for six months waiting for his shot,
fitch would have to sit around for atleast 9 months for his shot if he deserves one right now.

i think fitch and karo makes sense karo deserves a title shot since he had on once but had to pull out due to injury and has only lost to diego since, and fitch deserves a title shot for being such a monster and for paying his dues with so many fights.

plus if hughes beats serra and gsp beats hughes, im sure the ufc would want to make a rematch between serra and gsp. witch might put fitch and karo on a one year wait for a title shot.

to many contenders and not enough belts... (at 170)

My point is that as much as fitch deserves a title shot he still needs one more fight before he gets one so he doesnt sit around for a year waiting, and since gsp deserves and is getting his shot next, the only logical match for fitch is Karo winner getting a title shot after gsp

Post #14   10/8/07 4:48:19PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
It's not a matter of to many it's a matter of serra getting like 9 months between fights. Thats BS IMO Hughes and Serra should have already fought.

Post #15   10/8/07 4:55:19PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2