Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Why Rameau Sokoudjou should not be ranked anymore...

Print  
  Page 1 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Career:212-114
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:
This guy did an awesome job beating two of the top LHW's in Pride. However, he is not currently signed with the UFC and it is unlikely that he will sign with the UFC in the forseable future.

Some things important information :
Has 5 professional fights
2 Wins versus Ricardo Arona and Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
Arona only had one fight in 2006 and it was a win against Alistair Overeem and three of his last four fights have been losses.

Nogueira, has wins over Dan Henderson, Alistair Overeem (Who doesn't these days), Sakuraba, Mezger, and Nakamura.

The list is decent but it doesn't suggest that Little Nog was in any way dominant in the division. He had no fights against Quinton, Wanderlei, or Arona.

So based on this, I think currently that Sok is overrated and should probably be removed from rankings until he signs with the UFC.

Post #1   10/7/07 1:12:05PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
He's still done more in the last 5 years then tito.

Post #2   10/7/07 1:30:32PM   

babalu2720

In Full Mount

babalu2720 Avatar

Career:1,245-647
Chips:
I agree he is somehwta overrated, but I wouldn't go that far to unrank him like cmill said he has done more this year then some in their careers. Like it or not he has beaten 2 top 10 fighters in a row...

Post #3   10/7/07 1:36:45PM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Career:1,051-706
Chips:

Posted by cmill21

thats a very VERY good point........wait......tito did cheat and make a camp that produces 0 chanps....

Post #4   10/7/07 2:28:38PM   

jgtribbett

MMA Sensei

jgtribbett Avatar

Career:553-358
Camp: Team BloodLoss
Chips:

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by cmill21

thats a very VERY good point........wait......tito did cheat and make a camp that produces 0 chanps....

aha... wow... ******* burn

h

Post #5   10/7/07 2:48:40PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:

Posted by cmill21

Props to you, completely valid and hilarious point.

Post #6   10/7/07 3:04:42PM   

Mastodon2

MMA Sensei

Mastodon2 Avatar

Career:188-114
Chips:

Posted by cmill21

Rarely is there a truth more absolute than this. This may sound like a burn, and to any Tito fan, it will sting, but this is the complete truth!

Post #7   10/7/07 3:09:04PM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:

Posted by cmill21

thank you for saying that.

Post #8   10/7/07 7:16:07PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,503-878
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I think what made everyone stand up and take notice of Sokoudjo,is the fashion in which he defeated his opponents.He looked damn near invincible in his fights against lil'Nog and Ricardo Arona.I think his dominating performance in those two fights spoke volumes.

Post #9   10/7/07 7:57:11PM   

nickcuc547

BANNED

nickcuc547 Avatar

Career:802-477
Chips:
not only has he done more than tito in the last five years (im a tito fan btw), but his wins over arona and nog are more than a number of guys in the top 10 in the last couple of years including chuck, griffin, jardine, as well as shogun in the last year in a half, he definately deserves to be in the top 10.

Post #10   10/7/07 8:05:28PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:

Posted by nubby

This guy did an awesome job beating two of the top LHW's in Pride. However, he is not currently signed with the UFC and it is unlikely that he will sign with the UFC in the forseable future.

Some things important information :
Has 5 professional fights
2 Wins versus Ricardo Arona and Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
Arona only had one fight in 2006 and it was a win against Alistair Overeem and three of his last four fights have been losses.

Nogueira, has wins over Dan Henderson, Alistair Overeem (Who doesn't these days), Sakuraba, Mezger, and Nakamura.

The list is decent but it doesn't suggest that Little Nog was in any way dominant in the division. He had no fights against Quinton, Wanderlei, or Arona.

So based on this, I think currently that Sok is overrated and should probably be removed from rankings until he signs with the UFC.

Dude why the heck are you a Pride hater? I always see you in threads dissing pride fighters...GET A LIFE!!!

The only problem I have with Soko is the fact he might be on steroids. Watch his WEC fight his 1 loss where he gets domianated and then his two pride fights and he is a complete different person...

but other then that he is better then basically every other LHW fighter except Wandy & Jackson

If you want to talk about overrated LHW talk about Tito & Chuck. They both depend on one area of their game and only one area only. And when they get outdid in that area they get dominated. Example, Chuck got outsrtiker but Rampage & Jardine and got his ass knocked out. When Tito faces a better grappler he gets dominated (Frank Shamrock & Randy)

Post #11   10/7/07 9:13:09PM   

Kastro

Standup Guy

Kastro Avatar

Career:474-316
Camp: The Tactical Underground
Chips:

Posted by cmill21

LOL exactly...

Arona and Lil Nog are tough opponents.. Sokodjou wasn't given a chance by anybody on the message boards and he shut everybody up both times..

Also, its not like Sokodjou scraped out a close decision to these guys, he knocked them both out very quickly and convincingly.. you cant take anything away from Sokodjou.

Post #12   10/7/07 9:15:18PM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Chips:
I don't hate pride, I hate the fact that fighters who were in Pride, but aren't even fighting anymore are still Ranked so high and that more than likely will still be ranked high after months of stagnation.

This isn't a pride vs UFC debate because that debate is over and UFC came out on top. This is a discussion that is talking about one particular fighter who has two good wins and that gets him up to rank 5, 6, or 7 among so many people on the boards. And the possiblity that one of those wins came off a guy heading in a downward spiral in his career (Arona). You can attack Tito all you want but I've already stated before that Tito is about to come off my rankings specifically because he has only fought once this year and that he likely wont fight again until next year. So Now that I have put the Tito topic to rest, can you guys come up with something that will help Sok's case to stay ranked?

Post #13   10/7/07 9:21:30PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:

Posted by nubby

I don't hate pride, I hate the fact that fighters who were in Pride, but aren't even fighting anymore are still Ranked so high and that more than likely will still be ranked high after months of stagnation.

This isn't a pride vs UFC debate because that debate is over and UFC came out on top. This is a discussion that is talking about one particular fighter who has two good wins and that gets him up to rank 5, 6, or 7 among so many people on the boards. And the possiblity that one of those wins came off a guy heading in a downward spiral in his career (Arona). You can attack Tito all you want but I've already stated before that Tito is about to come off my rankings specifically because he has only fought once this year and that he likely wont fight again until next year. So Now that I have put the Tito topic to rest, can you guys come up with something that will help Sok's case to stay ranked?

He's explosive, strong striker, great Judo and that's a VERY BAD match up against almost everybody in the division...and most likely he would beat everybody in the division besides Rampage & Wandy...

Post #14   10/7/07 9:25:57PM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Kastro

Posted by cmill21

LOL exactly...

Arona and Lil Nog are tough opponents.. Sokodjou wasn't given a chance by anybody on the message boards and he shut everybody up both times..

Also, its not like Sokodjou scraped out a close decision to these guys, he knocked them both out very quickly and convincingly.. you cant take anything away from Sokodjou.

Sure, directly you can't just say Sokoudjou sucks, and I didn't. I said that his competition might not be a strong enough case to get him ranked so high or ranked at all considering the current climate in the MMA world.

Post #15   10/7/07 9:28:26PM   

Page 1 of 4     1     2     3     4