Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

EliteXC announces two more signings

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:

Posted by zephead

Posted by hippysmacker

Thanks for posting that . Good signings , hopefullly Ninja will return to from.

Ninja had never really impressed me. He beats the B level fighters and loses whenever he steps up and fights guys on equal footing.

He's 12-7-1. A breakdown of his wins and loses

Wins

Adriano Verdelli - Submission
Israel Albuquerque - Submission
Luiz Claudio das Dores - Submission
Leopoldo Serao - TKO (cut)
Rogerio Sagate - Submission
Daijiro Matsui - TKO
Alex Andrade - Decision
Mario Sperry - Decision
Akira Shoji - KO
Alexander Otsuka - Submission
Murad Chunkaiev - Submission
Mark Weir- Submission

Loses

Dan Henderson- Decision
Ricardo Arona - Decision
Kevin Randleman - TKO (Cut )
Sergei Kharitonov - KO
Quinton Jackson - Decision
Paulo Filho - Decision
Denis Kang - KO

His draw was against Akihiro Gono. To step into the cage and octogon means he's a warrior. I don't take that away from him. I just don't think his game is up to the "big boys league" level."

you really cant say he lost to rampage.... that' was the worst judges decision ive ever seen (maybe randlemen vs bas was worse)

Post #16   2/10/07 6:56:12PM   

jocksmall

In Full Mount

Career:213-134
Chips:
canada has been a good ally and a good trade partner so we have the same interests. therefore they will be in many of the same wars it was stupid to say how many wars have you won canada!

Post #17   2/10/07 7:20:54PM   

Snacks

MMA Regular

Snacks Avatar

Career:25-13
Chips:
Ninja has always been overrated.

Shields on the otherhand is underrated and is disliked because he's a "Yawn-monger", but he's a great fighter and I'm a fan of his.

Post #18   2/10/07 7:27:28PM   

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Career:377-180
Chips:
I thought Nick Diaz was going to stay in Pride

Murilo Ninja and Shields are great acquisitions and hopefully EXC will continue to grow and become serious competition to the UFC.

Last edited 2/11/07 10:52AM server time by Stickan
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #19   2/11/07 10:51:46AM   

BabbyHughes

MMA Regular

BabbyHughes Avatar

Career:623-389
Camp: Slackers
Chips:

Posted by Stickan

Murilo Ninja and Shields are great acquisitions and hopefully EXC will continue to grow and become serious competition to the UFC.

That does suck that Diaz isn't staying in Pride.

I watched the event last night and it had some rough edges. I didn't like the announcer very much, Goldberg wasn't bad its just the other guy was annoying. Especially when he said "well call me a liar liar pants on fire." The promoting of the fights was so so, but I dont expect them to be as good as the UFC already at promoting.

EXC will be great in the future I am sure, but I think it will take time. I am glad they got a contract with Showtime, because this opens alot of doors for MMA.

Hopefully in a year or so we will see some Champion vs. Champion between the UFC and EXC.

Im still dreaming about Pride vs. UFC champion vs. Champion

Post #20   2/11/07 1:32:17PM   

ffforgottenx

Standup Guy

ffforgottenx Avatar

Career:2,361-1,555
Chips:

Posted by Stickan

if i remember correctly, nick diaz is under contract to both exc and to pride, and his contracts allow him to fight for both organizations.. when i have time, ill look up where i read that and post a link to the source.. but im 99% positive that he will not just make his one pride appearance against gomi.. he should be in pride a few more times

Post #21   2/12/07 11:27:18AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by ffforgottenx

Posted by Stickan

if i remember correctly, nick diaz is under contract to both exc and to pride, and his contracts allow him to fight for both organizations.. when i have time, ill look up where i read that and post a link to the source.. but im 99% positive that he will not just make his one pride appearance against gomi.. he should be in pride a few more times

isnt he contracted to fight with the GFC too? Or at least he was until the show got postponed.

Post #22   2/12/07 3:00:17PM   

ffforgottenx

Standup Guy

ffforgottenx Avatar

Career:2,361-1,555
Chips:

Posted by madmarck

Posted by ffforgottenx

Posted by Stickan

isnt he contracted to fight with the GFC too? Or at least he was until the show got postponed.

yea he was supposed to fight thomas denny for the GFC welterweight belt.. and i believe he still is, the event is supposed to scheduled for this month or next month.. although unless he walks away from the fight with gomi unharmed, i doubt he will get the medical clearance to fight on another card so soon.. so they will probably end up putting someone else against denny

Post #23   2/12/07 3:23:41PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2