Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

EliteXC announces two more signings

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

ffforgottenx

Standup Guy

ffforgottenx Avatar

Career:2,390-1,573
Chips:
EliteXC has signed both Jake Shields and Murilo Ninja Rua, and they both will be fighting on the next card in may.. i think ninja will be good with the likes of louiseau and villasenor at MW, and shields is always a threat at WW.. can't wait to see who these two get matched up with and who else EliteXC is going to sign..

link to story

Post #1   2/6/07 11:26:44AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,967-1,114
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Thanks for posting that . Good signings , hopefullly Ninja will return to from.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #2   2/6/07 9:21:04PM   

mrsumo

Standup Guy

mrsumo Avatar

Career:270-233
Camp: Team Bullshido
Chips:
That rocks! I hope exc gets a lot more awesome fighters on its cards. Especially since I have showtime. EXC does have a chance to take off due to the clout that showtime carries. Also, if it does well, HBO will be more likely to pick up the UFC. And then it's just a matter of time before we get to see the 24hr Combat Sports Network. It's a nice dream!

Post #3   2/7/07 2:12:27AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,967-1,114
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by mrsumo

That rocks! I hope exc gets a lot more awesome fighters on its cards. Especially since I have showtime. EXC does have a chance to take off due to the clout that showtime carries. Also, if it does well, HBO will be more likely to pick up the UFC. And then it's just a matter of time before we get to see the 24hr Combat Sports Network. It's a nice dream!

There is, it's called the Fight network. However, it's not readily available to all cable and satellite companies as far as I know.

Last edited 2/7/07 3:38AM server time by hippysmacker
Edit note/reason: n/a

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #4   2/7/07 3:38:06AM   

mrsumo

Standup Guy

mrsumo Avatar

Chips:
I looked at it online, it seems pretty cool, even with all the pro wrestling stuff. It's a canadian network though. Definitely not offered around where I am. I did hear that Dish is going to pick up a 24hr martial arts channel. That will go great with my KungfuHD channel.

Post #5   2/7/07 4:13:12AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by mrsumo

There is, it's called the Fight network. However, it's not readily available to all cable and satellite companies as far as I know.

BLAME CANADA! I believe it is soley a Canadian network that brodcsats in this country alone. O well guess we are jsut ahead of the times.

Post #6   2/7/07 7:07:49AM   

mrsumo

Standup Guy

mrsumo Avatar

Chips:
Yea, those awesome canadians! How many wars did you win?

Post #7   2/7/07 10:26:29PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Chips:

Posted by mrsumo

Yea, those awesome canadians! How many wars did you win?

Every single one we have fought including the one agaisnt the US in 1812.
You just got pwned.
Ill make a list of Canadian Military (big Time wars) that we have fought it if you want.
And if you listen to the song
"the war of 1812" by The Arrogant Worms it lists of the Wars America has lost.
Don't try and be the arrogant American stereotype. Try and represent your country in a good way dude.

Post #8   2/8/07 7:52:00AM   

mrsumo

Standup Guy

mrsumo Avatar

Chips:

Posted by madmarck

[.

BLAME CANADA! I believe it is soley a Canadian network that brodcsats in this country alone. O well guess we are jsut ahead of the times.

Only a snooty douche would take offense to the shit you do. Grow some nads man. You can't come out with something like "o well, guess we are just ahead of the times" and not expect a little flak. Besides, I am pretty sure the line following Blame Canada is " There not even a real country anyway"!

Post #9   2/8/07 9:19:40PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Chips:

Posted by mrsumo

Posted by madmarck

[.

Only a snooty douche would take offense to the shit you do. Grow some nads man. You can't come out with something like "o well, guess we are just ahead of the times" and not expect a little flak. Besides, I am pretty sure the line following Blame Canada is " There not even a real country anyway"!

Doesnt Matter about our countries i am still cooler than you.

Post #10   2/9/07 2:43:30PM   

mrsumo

Standup Guy

mrsumo Avatar

Chips:

Posted by madmarck

Doesnt Matter about our countries i am still cooler than you.

Oh, well shit man, I can't argue with that. I am to cool what Potsi was to Fonzie!

Post #11   2/9/07 10:23:14PM   

nate22

Belt Contender

nate22 Avatar

Career:52-35
Chips:
Nick Diaz has signed up and is on the card for May also. Good move by Diaz.

Post #12   2/10/07 9:05:32AM   

strikefirstgear

MMA Regular

strikefirstgear Avatar

Career:54-37
Camp: StrikeFirstGear
Chips:
One of my gyms fighters is fighting in that show. My trainer is there right now. He called me yesterday and said it is BIG TIME. All the big names are there and there is a really proffesional air about the event. He thinks the Elite XC will be huge. I am not sold yet but I am open to another good production. They seem to have some good fighters signed up.

Post #13   2/10/07 2:18:26PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,556-1,465
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by strikefirstgear

One of my gyms fighters is fighting in that show. My trainer is there right now. He called me yesterday and said it is BIG TIME. All the big names are there and there is a really proffesional air about the event. He thinks the Elite XC will be huge. I am not sold yet but I am open to another good production. They seem to have some good fighters signed up.

so name drop, who is it?

Post #14   2/10/07 2:43:01PM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

Thanks for posting that . Good signings , hopefullly Ninja will return to from.

Ninja had never really impressed me. He beats the B level fighters and loses whenever he steps up and fights guys on equal footing.

He's 12-7-1. A breakdown of his wins and loses

Wins

Adriano Verdelli - Submission
Israel Albuquerque - Submission
Luiz Claudio das Dores - Submission
Leopoldo Serao - TKO (cut)
Rogerio Sagate - Submission
Daijiro Matsui - TKO
Alex Andrade - Decision
Mario Sperry - Decision
Akira Shoji - KO
Alexander Otsuka - Submission
Murad Chunkaiev - Submission
Mark Weir- Submission

Loses

Dan Henderson- Decision
Ricardo Arona - Decision
Kevin Randleman - TKO (Cut )
Sergei Kharitonov - KO
Quinton Jackson - Decision
Paulo Filho - Decision
Denis Kang - KO

His draw was against Akihiro Gono. To step into the cage and octogon means he's a warrior. I don't take that away from him. I just don't think his game is up to the "big boys league" level."

Last edited 2/10/07 3:30PM server time by zephead
Edit note/reason: n/a

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #15   2/10/07 3:29:55PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2