Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Official UFC 69 Discussion

Print  
  Page 2 of 5     1     2     3     4     5  
Posted By Message

Sinical

Learning to Sprawl

Sinical Avatar

Career:367-257
Chips:

Posted by JunCTion

we're all sure that gsp will win, but where does serra go from there. is he done or does he get mixed in with the other contenders

serra needs to learn some wrestling if he wants to push his MMA career

i mean he couldnt take down lytle.

he will never take down GSP

after gsp KOs him or subs him and he gets his suspension he will probably work on his wrestling and we will see him on a fight night card

Post #16   2/8/07 4:23:23PM   

JunCTion

READY TO SMILE AND LOVE LIFE!!

JunCTion Avatar

Career:543-390
Camp: Camp David
Chips:

Posted by Sinical

after gsp KOs him or subs him and he gets his suspension he will probably work on his wrestling and we will see him on a fight night card

i hope so. i like the guy. his coaching and enthusiasm on tuf 4 was the only thing that kept me interested

Post #17   2/9/07 1:16:49AM   

Beenosworld

banned

Beenosworld Avatar

Career:156-99
Chips:
Projected UFC 69 card as of today:

Georges St. Pierre vs. Matt Serra
Diego Sanchez vs. Josh Koscheck
Mike Swick vs. Yushin Okami
Alan Belcher vs. Kendall Grove
Thales Leites vs. Pete Sell
Marcus Davis vs. Pete Spratt
Luke Cummo vs. Josh Haynes
Roger Huerta vs. TBA (possibly Joe Stevenson)
Heath Herring vs. TBA

Post #18   2/9/07 7:27:44PM   

amik

MMA Regular

amik Avatar

Career:71-38
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:
I believe that Serra does not have anything to do against GSP and the fight between Stevenson and Caol can be interestant.

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Post #19   2/11/07 9:09:49AM   

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Career:377-180
Chips:
Am I the only one excited to see Kendall again? I mean, he's gotta be the least mentioned TUF champion ever despite putting on such awesome performances to get there.
He seems to have lots of talent and I'm really pumped up for this fight!

Post #20   2/12/07 9:54:39PM   

JunCTion

JunCTion Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Stickan

Am I the only one excited to see Kendall again? I mean, he's gotta be the least mentioned TUF champion ever despite putting on such awesome performances to get there.
He seems to have lots of talent and I'm really pumped up for this fight!

yeah, kendall was a lot better than the publicity he hasn't gotten

Post #21   2/12/07 10:47:10PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:2,025-1,145
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I think Kendall is to thin and tall to stay at that weight. If he's really 6 ft. 6 , I think he should put on some muscle and fight at 205. Poeple improve, and I beleive he's gotten better ( while and since he was on the show) , but he was overpowered and manhandled by Deisel Riggs in rumble on the rock. I think this will happen with any good ground n pounder ,with good sub defense, as long as he's so thin.Aslo Herring vs Imes has been confirmed

Brad Imes-Heath Herring added to UFC 69: Shootout
By MMAFighting.com on February 19, 2007

Brad Imes will seek his first UFC win when he faces the experienced Heath Herring on April 7th at UFC 69.

Imes, 3-2, is returning to the UFC after a one-year absence stemming from injuries to his elbow and his nose, both, which required surgery.

Herring, 26-12-1, is coming off a disappointing UFC debut in which he lost a three-round decision to Jake O’Brien. Herring was said to have fought with a torn MCL.

The UFC 69: Shootout card is nearly complete. Roger Huerta, who defeated John Halverson earlier this month, still needs an opponent.

WW: Georges St. Pierre vs. Matt Serra
WW: Diego Sanchez vs. Josh Koscheck
HW: Brad Imes vs. Heath Herring
MW: Thales Leites vs. Pete Sell
MW: Alan Belcher vs. Kendall Grove
WW: Marcus Davis vs. Pete Spratt
MW: Mike Swick vs. Yushin Okami
WW: Luke Cummo vs. Josh Haynes
LW: Roger Huerta vs. TBA

Last edited 2/19/07 2:34PM server time by hippysmacker
Edit note/reason: n/a

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #22   2/19/07 1:06:34PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
I doubt Kendall Grove would do very good at LHW. Even though he is 6'6'' look at him. He is a very scrawny guy by nature. It would take a lot for him to put on a lot of muscle. I say as lonh as he is doing good at 185 i think he should stay there.
I think he will have a good fiht at UFC 69. I see him beating Belcher by Sub in Round 3.

Post #23   2/22/07 1:51:02PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by JunCTion

Posted by Sinical

i hope so. i like the guy. his coaching and enthusiasm on tuf 4 was the only thing that kept me interested

Shoine Carter Didnt???????
Matt Serra did seem like a cool guy.
But in Reality does he have a chance against GSP? This is Silvs vs Lutter. This is GSP vs Serra.
GSP has beat the best ground guys at WW in a row. BJ, Sherk, Hughes, and Karo. Serra pales in comparison to those guys. Not to mentions Geroges wins over Miller and Trigg were impressive too.

GSP can win this fight any way he wants. Serra better learn some sick shit before UFC 69. Maybe he should talk to Shonie Carter and Learn the Spinning back fist. Then Again Geroges already knows that move..............

Post #24   2/22/07 1:54:23PM   

snakeplissken

Standup Guy

snakeplissken Avatar

Career:1,771-1,255
Camp: BAMMA UK
Chips:
I reckon the Sanchez Coz fight could be the real surprise fight of the event. Koz could even slip the win if he plays a clever fight. It will be 'banging' though thats for sure.

Post #25   2/22/07 3:16:38PM   

MMA

Pimpin

MMA Avatar

Career:672-349
Chips:
Davis will beat Spratt if he has a smart game plan (i.e. take it to the ground). Spratt has a horrible ground game.

Post #26   2/22/07 4:08:11PM   

RichBoy

MMA Regular

RichBoy Avatar

Career:387-201
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:
Am i the only one who thinks Belcher might pull the upset. I mean the guys got some nice standup and is well rounded. I really think he can catch Kendall with a big punch or a big kick ( like he did to Santiago ).

Post #27   2/22/07 4:15:35PM   

JunCTion

JunCTion Avatar

Chips:

Posted by madmarck

Posted by JunCTion

Posted by Sinical

Shoine Carter Didnt???????
Matt Serra did seem like a cool guy.
But in Reality does he have a chance against GSP? This is Silvs vs Lutter. This is GSP vs Serra.
GSP has beat the best ground guys at WW in a row. BJ, Sherk, Hughes, and Karo. Serra pales in comparison to those guys. Not to mentions Geroges wins over Miller and Trigg were impressive too.

GSP can win this fight any way he wants. Serra better learn some sick shit before UFC 69. Maybe he should talk to Shonie Carter and Learn the Spinning back fist. Then Again Geroges already knows that move..............

carter was good to laugh at
serra was the The Ultimate Professional, he came there on a mission and it was clear to me.
but im sure most of us picked gsp rn 1 ko (if they let us pick by the minute, id give it about 2 1/2)

Post #28   2/22/07 8:13:40PM   

Ydoc

Belt Contender

Ydoc Avatar

Career:1,371-849
Chips:

Posted by MMA

Davis will beat Spratt if he has a smart game plan (i.e. take it to the ground). Spratt has a horrible ground game.

He should win. I'm always pulling for Marcus, and I'm glad he's trying to become a complete fighter. I think he has Spratt beat on the ground and in the stand up.

Post #29   2/22/07 11:20:25PM   

tunefish

Learning to Sprawl

tunefish Avatar

Career:1,084-713
Chips:
I thought I was the only one going for Marcus
Spratt hasn't improved enough over the years to keep up, in my humble opinion.
We'll see if he proves me wrong this time.

Post #30   2/22/07 11:38:11PM   

Page 2 of 5     1     2     3     4     5