Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

What brothers in mma are the best

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

TMIL316

MMA Regular

TMIL316 Avatar

Career:325-184
Chips:
hughes brother u could pull the ol switchero on then since they look just like one another..... but for real the diaz bros are legit

Post #16   10/6/07 1:12:32AM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
Just curious but how are the diaz bros close to fedor and aleks, the nog's, the rua's, hell even the hughes bro's have more accomplishments between them.

Post #17   10/6/07 1:32:01AM   

DNor

MMA Regular

DNor Avatar

Career:92-62
Chips:
Well, everytime I see these types of questions (regarding who is the best), in this case.. I think of it as terms as if each pair of brothers fought another pair of brothers so it can be a unamious answer rather just speculation. (Because there is NO OTHER WAY to legitamitaly answer this question)
And I use the same concept in ways of Pound for pound fighters, because with rules now there is NO WAY you could actually answer the question it is mainly bias and educational guessing IMO.

Who cares about weight class blah blah blah.... If you want the two best brothers in MMA I would think that it HAS to be the ones that can defeat any brother combos. I mean.. how could it not be any other way?

That being said Fedor and Aleks get my vote. (Fedor and Aleks beats Lil' Nog, Big Nog beats Aleks, Fedor beats big Nog.. 3-1 Fedor/Aleks)
2nd Nog brothers

Egh... im too old school..
Flame away!

Post #18   10/6/07 2:00:06AM   

MattHughes

MMA Regular

MattHughes Avatar

Career:87-35
Camp: themmaboards.com
Chips:
If Mark Hughes stuck with MMA it would easily be the Hughes brothers.

Post #19   10/6/07 9:40:51PM   

jgtribbett

MMA Sensei

jgtribbett Avatar

Career:553-358
Camp: Team BloodLoss
Chips:

Posted by Mastodon2

The Nogueira brothers are the p4p best brothers I think.

A Rodrigo was HW champ and was Pride's #2 for practically the whole time he didn't have the belt, and A Rogerio was a great MW, also nearly knocking Shogun out when they met.

The Rua's are good, Shogun espescially can be amazing, but Ninja lets the pair down a bit.

i agree with that.. they were both equally impressive in my opinion...
fedor was great and alex was ok.
nate is fighting pretty good comp and nate is still fighting so-so guys
ruas- i dont eve know anymore haha

i say nog bro's

Post #20   10/7/07 3:07:05PM   

hook_tothe_body

Standup Guy

hook_tothe_body Avatar

Career:415-290
Camp: 368
Chips:

Posted by cmill21

Just curious but how are the diaz bros close to fedor and aleks, the nog's, the rua's, hell even the hughes bro's have more accomplishments between them.

In my post, I said that the Nogueira brothers were the best. But I said that I think Nate Diaz will turn out to be one hell of a fighter, then we can mention the Diaz brothers.

Not sure why people are saying the Diaz brothers are the best brother combination right now. Because I agree with you when you say they are not even close to the Russians, the Nogs, or the Ruas. I mean, Nate has only had nine fights in total ...

Post #21   10/7/07 3:21:09PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:

Posted by hook_tothe_body

Posted by cmill21

In my post, I said that the Nogueira brothers were the best. But I said that I think Nate Diaz will turn out to be one hell of a fighter, then we can mention the Diaz brothers.

Not sure why people are saying the Diaz brothers are the best brother combination right now. Because I agree with you when you say they are not even close to the Russians, the Nogs, or the Ruas. I mean, Nate has only had nine fights in total ...

I wasn't pointing you out, I just noticed 2 or 3 guys said the diaz bro's and I really really disagree at this point, and unless one of then touch a major promotion championship like the nog's and the emilianenko's they aren't, not to mention both fedor, aleks and lil and big nog are top 10 in their divs by most publications.

Post #22   10/7/07 3:25:28PM   

youknowit

Learning to Sprawl

youknowit Avatar

Career:330-267
Camp: HardHitters
Chips:
The shamrock brothers In there prime of course.

Post #23   10/10/07 12:54:38PM   

waylon_o

In Full Mount

waylon_o Avatar

Career:162-90
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:
I don't see how anyone could intelligently put the Diaz brothers in front of the Emelianenkos, Nog's, or the Ruas. The opic is "what brothers in mma are the BEST," not what brothers are your favorite. There's no way the Diaz bro's accomplishments even come close to these other 3 family's. I would put the Overeems and Shamrocks before the Diaz brothers.

Post #24   10/10/07 1:03:36PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:
I would put the Emelianenko and Nogueira brothers at the top. The Russian pair have a collectively better record though and Fedor does have wins over Big nog, so I think I woudl give the top spot to them.

I would not include the Rua brothers in the same class as the two above. Ninja does not have a spectacular record and is an above average fighter IMO and not a top ten guy.

Post #25   10/10/07 1:32:39PM   

richieb19

MMA Sensei

richieb19 Avatar

Career:239-153
Chips:

Posted by youknowit

ding ding ding

Both where considered to be the best in the world at one point, so it's very hard to compete with that.

Post #26   10/10/07 2:00:06PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:

Posted by richieb19

Posted by youknowit

ding ding ding

Both where considered to be the best in the world at one point, so it's very hard to compete with that.

Wasn't Frank Shamrock the "Fedor" of MMA back in the late 90's and early 2000's because he dominated everybody and claims to have retired then because is was disappointed in the competition...But yeah they were VERY hard to beat....

Post #27   10/10/07 2:05:59PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:
of all time it has to be the shamrock's because both of them were the one of the best fighters of their time. i personally think frank was better than ken, and i still think frank is a tough opponent for anyone. frank should return to the ufc and try his luck in the cage again. who knows...maybe he will energize the ufc's weakest division.

Post #28   10/10/07 3:17:22PM   

youknowit

Learning to Sprawl

youknowit Avatar

Career:330-267
Camp: HardHitters
Chips:
I think frank should come back. The fight with barioni<--spelling looked to be a good fight. although the B.S taughting would get him knocked out in the UFC...I.E my boy Din Thomas...I know he didnt get knocked out but still.

Post #29   10/11/07 6:39:28AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2