Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Sherk passes lie detector test

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

TNunley

Belt Contender

TNunley Avatar

Career:120-77
Camp: Team Arse Kickers
Chips:
Sean Sherk passed a lie detector test saying that he did not knowingly use steroids. While certainly not conclusive, it can’t hurt his chances at getting his suspension over turned or at the very least reduced.

Link

Post #1   10/5/07 2:07:43PM   

NME

MMA Regular

NME Avatar

Career:513-264
Camp: The F4W EMPIRE~!
Chips:
Nick Thompson had said as much at least a few weeks back. Sadly, polygraphs are largely useless in proving the guilt or innocence of someone.

Marion Jones, for example, had passed a lie detector test when it was alleged that she had used performance enhancing drugs to help her win her gold medals. Of course, just this morning we've learned that Jones, in letters to her family, admitted to using performance enhancing substances.

Also, Sherk has tested positive. The burden of proof is on him at this point. Without some manner of blood test administered very, very shortly after his urine sample was taken showing Sherk's ratios in order, I don't know how much Sherk will be able to do in order to help himself.

Hopefully his appeal will succeed, he will be given the OK to fight in December, and we will see a superb match between him and BJ Penn. Unfortunately, I don't think anyone should expect it to play out that way.

Post #2   10/5/07 2:17:57PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:
i dont know what to think of this. i have abandoned sherk at this point and i dont think i can ever believe that he or anyone else can not "knowingly" take steroids. i think this will probably end like it did for the tour de france and be dragged out for a while but ultimately result in the conclusion that he is guilty. personally i want to believe that he didnt take steroids, but logically i just cant do it.

Post #3   10/5/07 2:18:58PM   

Violentcuv

In Full Mount

Violentcuv Avatar

Career:828-495
Camp: OHIO TOP TEAM
Chips:
Thats crazy he took a lie detector test for that....

just makes me laugh...

Post #4   10/5/07 2:19:35PM   

TNunley

Belt Contender

TNunley Avatar

Chips:
Although I agree, a lie detector test doesn't "prove" anything... but if a person takes a test and fails... it's fairly obvious they lied... but if someone volunteered and passes... it could hold some weight in the minds of the NSAC.

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

i dont know what to think of this. i have abandoned sherk at this point and i dont think i can ever believe that he or anyone else can not "knowingly" take steroids. i think this will probably end like it did for the tour de france and be dragged out for a while but ultimately result in the conclusion that he is guilty. personally i want to believe that he didnt take steroids, but logically i just cant do it.

I agree... if he took them, I'm sure he knew about them... But I would say that it could be possible for someone to give them to you unknowingly. A coach with a motive... wants his school to be famous... gets his student to win the title and BAM his school is known.

Post #5   10/5/07 2:23:08PM   

wapttn

MMeh?

wapttn Avatar

Career:254-148
Chips:
Its very possible that he didnt knowingly take them. Could've been someone in his camp adding them to his supplements without his knowledge, or whats more likely is contaminated supplements from the manufacturer which is far from unheard of. Its just that at this point its gonna be incredibly hard to prove

Post #6   10/5/07 2:23:15PM   

tuvok500

GSP will Comeback JUMP !!!

tuvok500 Avatar

Career:2,021-1,032
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
today we saw marion jones tell that she was on steroid at 2000 olympic, last week we saw here in canada jenevieve jenson, one of the top woman in cycling , confess that she was on epo since the beginning of her career, and etc.. they were claiming there innocence every days and against anybody, so it is not so different with sherk .

i really hope that he was clean and that is it only a mistake, but the statistic are against him for sure.

i was stunned to see how he was so unstoppable in training when i first saw ufc all access, and i was telling to myself, what kind of heart this guy have, a horse heart or what !!

anyways, good luck mr. sherk, hoping for the best.

Post #7   10/5/07 2:24:31PM   

TNunley

Belt Contender

TNunley Avatar

Chips:

Posted by tuvok500

today we saw marion jones tell that she was on steroid at 2000 olympic, last week we saw here in canada jenevieve jenson, one of the top woman in cycling , confess that she was on epo since the beginning of her career, and etc.. they were claiming there innocence every days and against anybody, so it is not so different with sherk .

i really hope that he was clean and that is it only a mistake, but the statistic are against him for sure.

i was stunned to see how he was so unstoppable in training when i first saw ufc all access, and i was telling to myself, what kind of heart this guy have, a horse heart or what !!

anyways, good luck mr. sherk, hoping for the best.

I do agree... there are always going to be athletes who are going to say they are innocent. But I think each case needs to be taken from a new perspective.

Post #8   10/5/07 2:26:50PM   

wrona666

In Full Mount

wrona666 Avatar

Career:1,102-674
Chips:
They should have just immidiately stripped him of his title with a posative test. there is no reason to drag this out any longer. He is not going to be able to prove without a doubt that he did not take steroids so there for he is guilty in my mind. I really dont care at this point because Sherk is a boring assss fighter anyway.

Post #9   10/5/07 3:03:56PM   

nickcuc547

BANNED

nickcuc547 Avatar

Career:802-477
Chips:
marion jones also said she didnt knowingly use steroids, she said she only realized she used them when the investigation started, so that could be why she passed a lie detector. i am by no means saying that i believe either jones or sherk, but its plausible.

Post #10   10/5/07 3:11:34PM   

wapttn

MMeh?

wapttn Avatar

Career:254-148
Chips:

Posted by wrona666

They should have just immidiately stripped him of his title with a posative test. there is no reason to drag this out any longer. He is not going to be able to prove without a doubt that he did not take steroids so there for he is guilty in my mind. I really dont care at this point because Sherk is a boring assss fighter anyway.

i said this in my above post, and i'll say it again, its not unheard of to have contaminated supplements.. as in you knowningly buy them that way. That, along with other reasons is why theres an appeals process. These decisions have been reversed before, and sherk should be given every opprotunity to do so

Post #11   10/5/07 3:28:45PM   

wrona666

In Full Mount

wrona666 Avatar

Career:1,102-674
Chips:
OK my bad yeah someone probably secretly slipped him some roids without him knowing.......sure thats much more likely then him acctually taking them himself..............

Post #12   10/5/07 3:32:55PM   

NME

MMA Regular

NME Avatar

Career:513-264
Camp: The F4W EMPIRE~!
Chips:

Posted by wrona666

OK my bad yeah someone probably secretly slipped him some roids without him knowing.......sure thats much more likely then him acctually taking them himself..............

The manufacturers of supplements often make other products as well, test boosters, for example. As supplements are not regulated by the FDA, there's not any guarantee as to their contents. But, again, I imagine the CSAC will not care much for that argument, as they will undoubtedly point out that it's Sherk's responsibility to know what he is ingesting.

Post #13   10/5/07 3:38:30PM   

slappywhite

MMA Regular

slappywhite Avatar

Career:806-546
Camp: Bobbaganoosh
Chips:
knowingly or not knowingly he had it in his system and he's going down

YES

Post #14   10/5/07 3:43:17PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
These things can be lied to and not detected.
But......... if you think about it. Sherk is kinda working offly hard to prove his innocence. Most guys who use roids are just like "yeah i did em" or " no i didnt, ok i did".
Maybe Sherk is innocent.

Post #15   10/5/07 3:57:59PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2