Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Matt Hamill “in Shock” Over UFC 78’s Evans-Bisping Booking

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,952-1,623
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
UFC light heavyweight Matt Hamill, who lost a controversial split decision to Michael Bisping last month at UFC 75 (and subsequently was promised an immediate rematch), is “in shock” after learning that Bisping will first fight Rashad Evans at UFC 78.

The former cast member from “The Ultimate Fighter 3” posted a message on his personal website, matthamill.com, saying he “got hosed by the judges in London” and that he is now getting the same treatment from Bisping and the UFC.

Link

Post #1   10/4/07 9:11:43PM   

MALICE

MMA Sensei

MALICE Avatar

Career:698-340
Chips:
At first I thought it was such ridiculously terrible decision that he should get a rematch right away. I still think this. But I also think he should move on. He showed so much improvement in that fight I think he is ready for a stronger opponent. He can get his rematch whenever. Almost everyone thought it was his win anyway. He should face tougher opponents and worry about avenging this loss after a string of W's.

Post #2   10/4/07 9:27:23PM   

Sir_Karl

MMA Sensei

Sir_Karl Avatar

Career:2,324-1,566
Chips:
....and we the fans get screwed out of not only Hamill vs. Bisping II, but also Ortiz vs. Evans II.
Bisping vs. Evans should be a good fight though.
Tito is just a wingnut....maybe Hamill can fight him.

Post #3   10/4/07 9:36:16PM   

MeanGreene

Banned

Career:167-99
Chips:
I may be the only one that feels this way ,but I really dont care to see any of these fighters fight each other.

They screwed up both fights anyway! Hamill and evens were both clear winners IMO

Almost as bad as Griffin vs. Ortiz and Penn vs GSP!

Post #4   10/4/07 10:40:12PM   

Naturaldisaster

MMA Sensei

Naturaldisaster Avatar

Career:703-452
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
I seriously hope rashad hurts Bisping badly! VERY BADLY!

Post #5   10/5/07 12:32:54AM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:

Posted by Sir_Karl

....and we the fans get screwed out of not only Hamill vs. Bisping II, but also Ortiz vs. Evans II.

Hamill trains under Tito so they won't fight. I really didn't like either of thier first fights and wasn't looking forward to the ramtches kinda glad they arn't going to happen.

Post #6   10/5/07 12:55:32AM   

snakeplissken

Standup Guy

snakeplissken Avatar

Career:1,771-1,255
Camp: BAMMA UK
Chips:

Posted by postman

Posted by Sir_Karl

Hamill trains under Tito so they won't fight. I really didn't like either of thier first fights and wasn't looking forward to the ramtches kinda glad they arn't going to happen.

Hamill doesn't train under Tito. He left him a while back he has his own Gym and team.

Hamill is in danger of becoming a whinger because he's not getting his own way. It's not like he's beaten anyone of note yet anyway.

I like th Bisping Evans fight. I think it will be very good for one of them (i.e whoever wins) as it will propell them to the upper tier of the LHW. If Bisping loses he'll drop to MW. Evans loses he'll pursue Tito again Im sure.

I think Bisping will take it. He's a far more active fighter.

Post #7   10/5/07 2:42:02AM   

roman

Standup Guy

roman Avatar

Career:679-391
Chips:

Posted by MeanGreene

I may be the only one that feels this way ,but I really dont care to see any of these fighters fight each other.

They screwed up both fights anyway! Hamill and evens were both clear winners IMO

Almost as bad as Griffin vs. Ortiz and Penn vs GSP!

LOL Hamill is the only one who might have seemed like he clearly won the fight. Whenever you leave it to the judges shit happens dude. As for Tito Evans, I had Tito ahead except for the fence grabbing, so he ****** himself. If your going to get a point taken away go for the win, your chances of winning by desicion are shit.

Penn gassed and got manhandled in the 3rd and the 2nd was close (so that's 1st for Penn easily, 2nd for judges to decide, and 3rd for GSP easily). So again can't leave it up to the judges. He lost no matter what GSP looked like. Thats how the 10 point scoring system works pal.

As for Hamill he should drop it and be glad. Bisping is going to get handled by Evans and be exposed for the hack he is.

And Tito well who cares about Tito anymore. God knows what in the hell he is thinking half the time. So I'm with ya on this one mate, I could care less if Tito Evans happens again. Tito isn't even a fighter IMO anymore.

Post #8   10/5/07 4:43:03AM   

roman

Standup Guy

roman Avatar

Chips:

Posted by snakeplissken

Hamill doesn't train under Tito. He left him a while back he has his own Gym and team.

Hamill is in danger of becoming a whinger because he's not getting his own way. It's not like he's beaten anyone of note yet anyway.

I like th Bisping Evans fight. I think it will be very good for one of them (i.e whoever wins) as it will propell them to the upper tier of the LHW. If Bisping loses he'll drop to MW. Evans loses he'll pursue Tito again Im sure.

If Hamill was a whinner he would've bitched about his loss then and there in the cage, instead he took it in stride and like a true competitor said Bisping fought a great fight. I would be pissed too if the UFC said they would have a rematch and then you hear about this.

With that being said I agree the Evans Bisping fight is more appealing to me. Bisping was exposed for what he truely was in his fight with Hamill; a weak overrated LHW. I find it mind-boggling that you would pick Bisping over Evans after Bispings last performance and the way Evans has been fighting (I might not like Tito at all, but he is somewhere in top 15 LHWs and Evans took him the distance) . LOL and to say Bisping is a more active fighter, I can't phantom putting far more even for this, after he literally ran away from Hamill for 3 rounds is well retarded..... did you even watch the fight????? Evans will dominate this fight anywhere it goes. He is bigger stronger and more talented then Bisping.

Hamill proved he's the real deal. I thought he was going to take bisping down and lay there. Instead he wooped his ass on his feet. He should took Bisping down have worked from Bispings guard a little more, that was his only mistake.

Post #9   10/5/07 5:04:40AM   

snakeplissken

Standup Guy

snakeplissken Avatar

Chips:

Posted by roman

Posted by snakeplissken

If Hamill was a whinner he would've bitched about his loss then and there in the cage, instead he took it in stride and like a true competitor said Bisping fought a great fight. I would be pissed too if the UFC said they would have a rematch and then you hear about this.

With that being said I agree the Evans Bisping fight is more appealing to me. Bisping was exposed for what he truely was in his fight with Hamill; a weak overrated LHW. I find it mind-boggling that you would pick Bisping over Evans after Bispings last performance and the way Evans has been fighting (I might not like Tito at all, but he is somewhere in top 15 LHWs and Evans took him the distance) . LOL and to say Bisping is a more active fighter, I can't phantom putting far more even for this, after he literally ran away from Hamill for 3 rounds is well retarded..... did you even watch the fight????? Evans will dominate this fight anywhere it goes. He is bigger stronger and more talented then Bisping.

Hamill proved he's the real deal. I thought he was going to take bisping down and lay there. Instead he wooped his ass on his feet. He should took Bisping down have worked from Bispings guard a little more, that was his only mistake.

If you read my post properly you would see I posted 'In Danger of becoming' not that that he was. For the Bisping Hamill fight I was in the ringside press area so yes I did get a close look at the fight.

Bisping has one bad match and everyone jumps on the bandwagon that Bispings no good. He's still 15-0. He may have not fought a Liddell or Rampage or Henderson calibre fighter, but in his own words he's still fairly new to the sport still learning. The mistake Bisping and his team made in the fight against Hamill was that they expected him to goto the floor and not stand with Bisping. That was just naivety on their part. It's a bit unfair to crucify the guy for a judges decision that he did not make. Granted he could have been a bit more humble after the match, but he's a fighter and that what fighters do. He's not asking for title fights and he's just trying to do his best. I think he will beat Evans as he (evans) has a tendency to be a dull in a fight when he's not up for it.

Post #10   10/5/07 5:13:00AM   

roman

Standup Guy

roman Avatar

Chips:

Posted by snakeplissken

Posted by roman

Posted by snakeplissken

If you read my post properly you would see I posted 'In Danger of becoming' not that that he was. For the Bisping Hamill fight I was in the ringside press area so yes I did get a close look at the fight.

Bisping has one bad match and everyone jumps on the bandwagon that Bispings no good. He's still 15-0. He may have not fought a Liddell or Rampage or Henderson calibre fighter, but in his own words he's still fairly new to the sport still learning. The mistake Bisping and his team made in the fight against Hamill was that they expected him to goto the floor and not stand with Bisping. That was just naivety on their part. It's a bit unfair to crucify the guy for a judges decision that he did not make. Granted he could have been a bit more humble after the match, but he's a fighter and that what fighters do. He's not asking for title fights and he's just trying to do his best. I think he will beat Evans as he (evans) has a tendency to be a dull in a fight when he's not up for it.

Wheter he lost or not Bisping's performance is a huge problem. Wheter he acted like an asshole, which he did, or not, does not matter. Hamill jumped leaps and bounds, proving to everyone he is a stand-up fighter. Bisping is small and you didn't address the fact that he ran the whole time against Hamill. He has not improved anything to anyone. You say who has Hamill, I say who has Bisping fought and how well did he look against them.

You also put, "It's not like [Hamill] beaten anyone of note yet anyway." This is the statment that set me off, who hads Bisping beaten??????? And you think he will be Evans. You will be signing a different tune come there fight

SORRY I WAS DRUNK BUT I STILL AGREE< SORRY IT"S HARD TO READ

Last edited 10/5/07 9:00AM server time by MMA
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #11   10/5/07 6:54:20AM   

waylon_o

In Full Mount

waylon_o Avatar

Career:162-90
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:
I think Evans/Bisping is gonna be a good fight, but I think the UFC owes Matt Hamill a rematch with Michael Bisping. That was by far the biggest judge foul-up I have witnessed in the sport, so they owe this to him.

Post #12   10/5/07 7:32:38AM   

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:

Once again Dana follows through with his big promises and gives us what we want. NOT.
War Rashad.

Post #13   10/5/07 8:10:32AM   

snakeplissken

Standup Guy

snakeplissken Avatar

Chips:
For All you Bisping Haters out there (Roman)

LINK

Post #14   10/5/07 8:43:07AM   

TNunley

Belt Contender

TNunley Avatar

Career:120-77
Camp: Team Arse Kickers
Chips:
Reminds me of that Mountain Dew commercial.... "We got hosed, Tommy... We got hosed!"

Post #15   10/5/07 8:49:42AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2