Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Possible BIG MMA Scandal.

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

johny_rotten

Standup Guy

johny_rotten Avatar

Career:125-71
Camp: 518 Death Squad
Chips:
I don't think steroids have an impact at least negatively on any sport. Sure they hurt the user, but as steroids ran through baseball their viewing numbers hit all time highs. During and after the scandal. Who is to think the UFC would be any different? It is expected today in sports that many of the participants are using.

I think the impact on the UFC would be less. The casual fan doesn't follow any news on the sport. MMA is barely covererd in the main stream media. I doubt 50% of the people that watch it would even know if a fighter tested positive or not.

The only scandal I could see that could end the UFC is fixing fights. It would cause an outrage among fans, and civil actions could be more than the UFC could take.

Post #16   10/4/07 9:35:43PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:

Posted by johny_rotten

I don't think steroids have an impact at least negatively on any sport. Sure they hurt the user, but as steroids ran through baseball their viewing numbers hit all time highs. During and after the scandal. Who is to think the UFC would be any different? It is expected today in sports that many of the participants are using.

I think the impact on the UFC would be less. The casual fan doesn't follow any news on the sport. MMA is barely covererd in the main stream media. I doubt 50% of the people that watch it would even know if a fighter tested positive or not.

The only scandal I could see that could end the UFC is fixing fights. It would cause an outrage among fans, and civil actions could be more than the UFC could take.

I agree I don't think steroids are a big deal, just like I don't think stealing signals in football's a big deal. If they fixed any fights I would never ever watch a UFC event again even if Cro Cop, Fedor, Lyoto, Rampage, Wand, Anderson, Hendo, and GSP were in it(those are my favorite fighters lol).

Post #17   10/4/07 9:40:32PM   

hathcock32

In Full Mount

hathcock32 Avatar

Career:1,249-785
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:

Posted by cmill21

Posted by johny_rotten

I agree I don't think steroids are a big deal, just like I don't think stealing signals in football's a big deal. If they fixed any fights I would never ever watch a UFC event again even if Cro Cop, Fedor, Lyoto, Rampage, Wand, Anderson, Hendo, and GSP were in it(those are my favorite fighters lol).

Stealing signals in football isnt a big deal...haha yea intelligent. There are rumors every week of a new person that possibly got involved in steroids.

Post #18   10/4/07 10:15:26PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by hathcock32

Posted by cmill21

Posted by johny_rotten

Stealing signals in football isnt a big deal...haha yea intelligent. There are rumors every week of a new person that possibly got involved in steroids.

Yeah keep it on topic. I haven't heard to many steroid rumors...besides ppl saying all the pride guys are on roids. I personally think this is noteworthy since it's randy, the UFC's commentator said it, and Randy himself said he was being investigated.

Post #19   10/4/07 11:56:38PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:
The thing with this article I noticed, was that they were quick to assume whatever hormone supplement Couture was potentially involved in was automatically a steroid. Steroids (for men at least) increase testosterone levels, yet there are more hormones in the male body that testosterone, so whose to say what he is taking isn't certified by the various athletic commissions?

Post #20   10/5/07 12:44:54AM   

Btews22

MMA Regular

Btews22 Avatar

Career:190-116
Camp: Oregon Top Team
Chips:
testerone replacement therapy is not illegal and is in no part related to to anabolic steroids there has been many advances in medicine and doctors who treat patents with this method are doing it for the well being of there patent and not to give an edge to one fighter. many people suffer from low testosterone levels and they should not be persecuted for their illness

Post #21   10/5/07 1:15:57AM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Btews22

testerone replacement therapy is not illegal and is in no part related to to anabolic steroids there has been many advances in medicine and doctors who treat patents with this method are doing it for the well being of there patent and not to give an edge to one fighter. many people suffer from low testosterone levels and they should not be persecuted for their illness

What it's alleging he did is had additional testosterone introduced into his system. Which is essentially steroids. Low testosterone ussually results in a higher voice, trouble building muscle, and generally more feminine qualities. I really don't think Randy fits the bill for low testosterone levels.

Post #22   10/5/07 1:21:35AM   

hathcock32

In Full Mount

hathcock32 Avatar

Career:1,249-785
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:

Posted by cmill21

Posted by Btews22

What it's alleging he did is had additional testosterone introduced into his system. Which is essentially steroids. Low testosterone ussually results in a higher voice, trouble building muscle, and generally more feminine qualities. I really don't think Randy fits the bill for low testosterone levels.

You can only hope they get Randy.So you can question his last 2 wins.

Post #23   10/5/07 2:09:15AM   

Mastodon2

MMA Sensei

Mastodon2 Avatar

Career:188-114
Chips:

Posted by tberg420

I realize that Rogan might have said this and it might have been taken out of context. However, Rogan says some stuff sometimes that are meant to ruffle some feathers and lead to controversy. I"ve said this numerous times that I believe 90% of fighters do steroids and just cycle in the right amount of time. The sun would come up tomorrow and the UFC would still be around. Barnett tested positive for steroids and the company moved on.

I don't think Barnett did roid up, after he failed the test he immediately asked for a retest and said that he would pass it there and then and clear his name, but UFC just didn't want to give him it, they just wanted rid of him. It's a real shame, and they will never let him fight again, its like it has been said a hundred times, Josh fights just like Randy, except he is bigger, stronger and better than Randy, but doesnt have the "story" and isn't as marketable. Dana said he has "no interest" in Barnett, quite simply because he knows that Barnett came come in, take the belt from Couture and hold it, but won't make as much money from PPV buys or gain that underdog legend character that sells PPVs and t shirts for UFC at the moment.

Post #24   10/5/07 9:40:38AM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by hathcock32

Posted by cmill21

Posted by Btews22

You can only hope they get Randy.So you can question his last 2 wins.

I don't really want to question his last two wins lol. He beat Tim Sylvia and an overrated GG, NO WAY!

Post #25   10/5/07 9:44:04AM   

tepid55

MMA Sensei

tepid55 Avatar

Career:2,851-1,574
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
The UFC should make its own rules and not rely on atheletic commissions.

Post #26   10/5/07 5:29:13PM   

BigEvil

Standup Guy

BigEvil Avatar

Career:342-204
Camp: SC MMA
Chips:

Posted by cmill21

WOW.

Randy “The Natural” Couture has been quoted as saying that there’s a “Steroid witch hunt” with him in the crosshairs. ONE DAY before UFC 74, Joe Rogan, the UFC’s color commentator, added fuel to this fire when he did a guest spot on ESPNEWS to promote the Pay-Per-View event by claiming that Couture had undergone “hormone replacement therapy” and applauded what modern science could do for older fighters.

The single biggest catastrophe that the UFC could face would be a steroid controversy surrounding one not only it’s World Heavyweight Champion, but one of it’s most popular and well-known fighters. A catastrophe that could spell not just the end of the MMA “revolution”, but the end of the UFC as we know it.

Why do i get the feeling that you would love for this to be true cmill? I think your pro pride, anti UFC & Dana stance is getting incredibly tiresome. The thing that sucks too is you always seem to want to dance around the topic but from all of your posts I get the feeling that you just hate the UFC. I don't really understand why, I was a pride and a UFC fan and I think the best thing in the world is one giant organization that has all of the best fighters under one roof. I know this is pretty off topic but it's just getting old, its not just you either but quit hopeing for the collapse of the UFC, its getting ridiculous... If i'm way off base here than I apolagise, let me know.

Post #27   10/5/07 6:09:40PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by BigEvil

Posted by cmill21

WOW.

Randy “The Natural” Couture has been quoted as saying that there’s a “Steroid witch hunt” with him in the crosshairs. ONE DAY before UFC 74, Joe Rogan, the UFC’s color commentator, added fuel to this fire when he did a guest spot on ESPNEWS to promote the Pay-Per-View event by claiming that Couture had undergone “hormone replacement therapy” and applauded what modern science could do for older fighters.

The single biggest catastrophe that the UFC could face would be a steroid controversy surrounding one not only it’s World Heavyweight Champion, but one of it’s most popular and well-known fighters. A catastrophe that could spell not just the end of the MMA “revolution”, but the end of the UFC as we know it.

Why do i get the feeling that you would love for this to be true cmill? I think your pro pride, anti UFC & Dana stance is getting incredibly tiresome. The thing that sucks too is you always seem to want to dance around the topic but from all of your posts I get the feeling that you just hate the UFC. I don't really understand why, I was a pride and a UFC fan and I think the best thing in the world is one giant organization that has all of the best fighters under one roof. I know this is pretty off topic but it's just getting old, its not just you either but quit hopeing for the collapse of the UFC, its getting ridiculous... If i'm way off base here than I apolagise, let me know.

If everytime I post news I read about the UFC gets me crap like this then I just won't ever post what I hear. This won't be the collapse of the UFC, like I said before I didn't write this article, I just passed on info. If you don't get the point of this, I'm sorry for letting you guys know that Randy's being investigated and there is a chance that he juiced. Oh and I also stated that I feel alot of fighters juice(including pride guys). I think everyone whining and crying because I defend pride while everyone else is smashing is getting really tiresome.

Post #28   10/5/07 6:49:13PM   

Bowen50

The Talent

Bowen50 Avatar

Career:1,098-650
Chips:
hahahaha horomone replacement therapy is for women with menopause

Post #29   10/5/07 6:54:12PM   

MikeBillotto

Banned

Career:120-79
Chips: