Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Need Help Fast

Print  
Posted By Message

druncanduncan

Learning to Sprawl

druncanduncan Avatar

Career:1,363-972
Camp: Playground Mafia
Chips:
I have a fight coming up on the 27th and i need to lose weight fast...I am about 170 right now and i need to get down to 155...so if anyone has any ideas please let me know...it would help me a lot

Post #1   10/4/07 1:36:15PM   

bayonetxwork

In Full Mount

bayonetxwork Avatar

Career:114-60
Camp: TUFFS Fight Club
Chips:
Thats a mad easy cut, theres guys dropping weight like that in a day. Low calorie diet plus tons of cardio will surely get you down to 160ish in that period of time. From there all water weight.

I'd say aim for about 1600 calories, and you should know what you can eat or not.

Hope it helps

Post #2   10/4/07 3:08:34PM   

Mitchell740

MMA Regular

Career:97-64
Camp: The drunken brawlers
Chips:
Ok thats not bad at all, I have cut from 140-125 in a week and 145-130 in a week.

First off how much time exactly do you have? This will be important because it will determine how intense you need to be cutting. Also how long after weigh ins do you have until you fight?

It will be hard to help if we don't know this. But for the time being the sauna, treadmill/bike, garbage bags, and sweat suits are your best friends.

Post #3   10/4/07 7:49:53PM   

druncanduncan

Learning to Sprawl

druncanduncan Avatar

Chips:
i weigh in on the 26th at about 5:00 pm and i fight the 27th at about 8:30

This is my first fight and i realize how important weight cutting is...i just wanted to be sure i was doing the right things and the safe way

Thanks for the help

Post #4   10/4/07 10:03:18PM   

Mitchell740

MMA Regular

Career:97-64
Camp: The drunken brawlers
Chips:

Posted by druncanduncan

i weigh in on the 26th at about 5:00 pm and i fight the 27th at about 8:30

This is my first fight and i realize how important weight cutting is...i just wanted to be sure i was doing the right things and the safe way

Thanks for the help

If you wegh exactly 170 now, eat lightly from now on. I reccomend 6 small meals a day so your body does not go into starvation mode. Never eat within 3 hours of going to sleep because your body will just store it as fat. Drink only water until weigh ins.

I would say you are in no trouble of making weight if you stay smart. Just get a good workout and sweat in every day and follow the diet tips and you will be fine. If you really needed to you could lose all of that on 2 days notice. Good luck and keep us updated.

Post #5   10/4/07 10:49:34PM   

bayonetxwork

In Full Mount

bayonetxwork Avatar

Career:114-60
Camp: TUFFS Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by Mitchell74

If you wegh exactly 170 now, eat lightly from now on. I reccomend 6 small meals a day so your body does not go into starvation mode. Never eat within 3 hours of going to sleep because your body will just store it as fat. Drink only water until weigh ins.

Uhh, actually it would be smart to eat light right before bed, as well as right after waking up, so his body DOESNT store it as fat. If he eats a whole grain based meal before bed(low calories, high complex carbs), it will keep his metabolic rate up longer, which is ultimately what you want when you are cutting weight. Many people believe it will be stored as fat, but thats actually not true at all, and almost the opposite. If your body is used to having its last meal at about 8oclock, it will store that in order to get ready to fast for nearly 10-12 hours. That goes hand in hand with having a good breakfast as well. You need another decent whole grain breakfast to jump start your metabolism in the morning, then the rest of the small meals just keep it running. But yeah, drink at least a gallon of water a day(if not more), this will speed your metabolism and the weight cutting process, as well as keep your body free of the acids and sugars found in almost all other drinks.

Good luck bro

Post #6   10/5/07 7:09:34AM   

druncanduncan

Learning to Sprawl

druncanduncan Avatar

Chips:
Thanks again for all the help

What would be a good choice of food to eat on the weigh in day and fight day?

Post #7   10/5/07 11:54:27AM   

jomatty

In Full Mount

jomatty Avatar

Career:137-79
Camp: bet the rent
Chips:
ive been losing a lot of weight lately by eating a lot of egg white omelets (usually with a few pieces of ham thrown in) for breakfast and sometimes for dinner. there is a lot of bang for your calorie buck in them and if you get the egg beaters or something they are really pretty good.there is like 30 calories in an egg white equivalent to an egg so you can eat a huge meal for under 200 calories.

for lunch i eat a lot of tuna fish and chef salads with a low fat dressing.

for dinner i eat more egg whites or grilled chix and steamed veggies.

i would guess if you are fairly strict you could get down to at least 160ish and have a very small cut the day of the fight.

pm me if you want some recipes or something

Post #8   10/11/07 11:06:11PM