Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Going to Cinci(UFC 77) - Any Bar,restaurant,hotels that are great?

Print  
Posted By Message

ufcfan

Learning to Sprawl

ufcfan Avatar

Career:232-148
Camp: UFCFAN.CA
Chips:
Going to head out to Cincinnati from Toronto for 3 nights starting Oct 18th for UFC 77.... I have never been to Cincinnati and was wondering if anyone had strong reccomendations for Bars,Restaurants,Hotels, etc.....

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Post #1   10/3/07 1:54:43PM   

wagere

MMA Regular

wagere Avatar

Career:910-552
Camp: OHIO TOP TEAM
Chips:
Montgomery Inn - World class ribs

Post #2   10/3/07 2:48:51PM   

Cyclops

Learning to Sprawl

Cyclops Avatar

Career:112-92
Camp: X-Men
Chips:
DEFINITELY Mongomery Inn... they are the best ribs in the world. Also, you've got to atleast try skyline (not goldstar) chili, and maybe even some LaRosa's Pizza and Graeter's Ice Cream if you're still hungry.
If your going to stay downtown (that would probably be your best bet), there is a Hilton, and also The Westin. They're both cool because they're right in fountain square and probably about a 10-15 minute walk to the arena. Plus theres all kinds of really great bars and restaurants there, too.
Hope I could be of some help and that you enjoy your food, stay, and the fights (hopefully just the UFC ones) here in the Nati!

Post #3   10/3/07 3:08:32PM   

Violentcuv

In Full Mount

Violentcuv Avatar

Career:828-495
Chips:

Posted by wagere

Montgomery Inn - World class ribs

I second that

Montgomery Inn is awesome

Post #4   10/3/07 4:54:14PM   

Violentcuv

In Full Mount

Violentcuv Avatar

Career:828-495
Chips:
A lot of people are staying at the Millenium hotel too

I have never seen the hotel before so I cant tell you much about it just that the rooms are usually $150 a night, but if you go thru priceline and offer $50 a night they will accept that rate. I did this 2 weeks ago and it worked for me, dont know for sure if its still available or not. I got this info from the UFC Fight Club forums and it seems like a lot of people are doing that there.

Lots and lots of bars in the area of the arena too and I have heard of a couple spots for pre/post parties but when it gets a lil closer we will know what sounds the best...

Post #5   10/3/07 4:59:37PM   

wreckedone

Learning to Sprawl

wreckedone Avatar

Career:435-252
Camp: The MMA Army
Chips:
I crashed at the Millenium a few times and it's a sweet place. Plus, there's also the hofbrauhaus in Newport which is just across the bridge. Dude, awesome beer and good german food. You can't go wrong.

Post #6   10/5/07 3:53:43PM