Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Cro Cop In the Past, Kongo Looks to Nog

Print  
Posted By Message

aznteabagger

In Full Mount

aznteabagger Avatar

Career:618-368
Chips:
With his win over Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic at Ultimate Fighting Championship 75, French striker Cheick Kongo solidified himself as a top contender in the heavyweight division.

In the fight with Cro Cop, it seemed after the first round that Kongo figured out his opponent and worked his game plan to perfection.

LINK

Post #1   10/3/07 7:53:24AM   

DonHagliatelli

Learning to Sprawl

DonHagliatelli Avatar

Career:162-103
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
I don't want to take anything away from Kongo's victory over Cro Cop but he did break Cro Cop's rib in the first round which Cro Cop was clearly winning.

He also gave CC at least a couple of very solid knees to the spuds in the latter rounds.

Like I say, I don't want to detract from his victory, he broke Cro Cop's rib fair and square and deserved to win the fight.

I just think that people need to keep in perspective the possibility that if he hadn't sone so then Cro Cop may have continued to control the fight and possibly won the fight.

To call Kongo a 'top contender in the HW division' is daft.

In his fight before CC against Auserrio Silva, Silva took him down at will but then didn't really attempts much on the ground.

Cro Cop is failry 1 dimensional and wanted to stand with Kongo. Most HWs would look for the takedown and any half-decent HWs would have their way with him.

I don't see him preventing Nog from scoring the takedown and once it's on the mat he'll be down there with of the greatest HW submission artists ever.

I still want to see this fight though.

Post #2   10/3/07 8:57:18AM   

m0nk3y

Learning to Sprawl

m0nk3y Avatar

Career:65-48
Chips:
hope he's worked on his somewhat non-existent ground game !

Post #3   10/3/07 11:01:48AM   

jgtribbett

MMA Sensei

jgtribbett Avatar

Career:553-358
Camp: Team BloodLoss
Chips:
i think he should knock nog out standing... cause he wont win the ground match

Post #4   10/3/07 12:40:43PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:

Posted by metal_mecca43

i think he should knock nog out standing... cause he wont win the ground match

Lol thats a good plan in theory. But it's not as easy as you say, nog's a tough tough dude.

Post #5   10/3/07 2:23:08PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:
i am really excited about this match-up for it puts a grappler against a striker. i personally always root for the grappler because i specialize in jujitsu myself and love the ground game. now the difference in this match-up that separates this from the other grappler/striker matches is that nog has proved that he can strike with the best of them in mma and his striking is far superior to kongo's grappling. look for nog to win this one decisively as he takes kongo to the ground, applies a submission and gets back to winning pretty.

Post #6   10/3/07 5:33:31PM