Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Josh Thomson To Sue Frank Shamrock?

Print  
Posted By Message

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
Strikeforce middleweight champion Frank Shamrock is no stranger when it comes to litigation in MMA and according to a new interview with Strikeforce lightweight title contender Josh Thomson on PunchDrunkGamer.com, Shamrock could find himself involved with another lawsuit.

LINK 1

After a night at the fabled Playboy Mansion involving Frank Shamrock commentating, bunnies in the press booth, a star-studded audience and the announcement of Strikeforce’s signing of Renato “Babalu” Sobral

LINK 2

Last edited 10/1/07 5:41PM server time by zephead
Edit note/reason: n/a

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #1   10/1/07 5:39:29PM   

jomatty

In Full Mount

jomatty Avatar

Career:137-79
Camp: bet the rent
Chips:
if nothing else this will probably mark the end of frank shamrock sitting in the broadcasters chair. even though it was clear he was kidding i could see how someone could not have gotten the joke and he has no business acting like that. surely if renaldi got as much backlash as he did for a 25 whatever pole then frank will at least not be commenting anymore

Post #2   10/1/07 7:56:15PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:

Posted by jomatty

even though it was clear he was kidding i could see how someone could not have gotten the joke and he has no business acting like that.

i admit...at first i didn't know he was joking

Post #3   10/1/07 10:41:11PM   

Sam_Rothstein

Belt Contender

Sam_Rothstein Avatar

Career:950-555
Chips:
yeah they have had problems in the past

frank even made a youtube video mocking him and phil baroni

Post #4   10/2/07 4:15:33AM   

LR

In Full Mount

LR Avatar

Career:638-326
Chips:
Frank Shamrock was classless as a commentator and he didn't leave his oversized ego that has been plaguing him for his entire career at the door. A commentator's role isn't to bring his own agenda to the broadcast. If he hates Thomson so badly, fight him at a catchweight and prove you can beat him, otherwise shut your mouth and do your job.

Post #5   10/2/07 10:01:50AM   

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Career:497-280
Chips:
I heard it and didnt think much of it cos its just Frank being his usual self that i hate

But good on Josh using it against him, take him to the cleaners!!!

Post #6   10/2/07 2:26:54PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,510-1,592
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
That's Frank for you...dude has got a big mouth. I actually laughed when he made the comment, but then again I am known for having a big mouth too!!

Post #7   10/2/07 3:17:49PM   

Ogre365

MMA Regular

Career:84-60
Chips:
Personally I am not a big fan of either Josh or Phil so Shamrock can make as much fun of them as he likes in my opinion.

I don't know much about how Frank gets along with other fighters or organizations, so he may be a dick too i'm just not 100% sure.

And suing someone over a comment like that just makes you look like an ass in my opinion. I find often times when someone makes a remark in front of other people about you being gay or fat or whatever it's best to have a good short verbal attack ready and then just walk away, make them look like the duschbag. Suing is just a pussy move.

Post #8   10/25/07 5:37:56PM