Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Mirko has surgery!

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

FrankDukes

Learning to Sprawl

FrankDukes Avatar

Career:219-115
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:

Mirko Cro Cop had a nose surgery

Mirko Filipovic was dizzy yesterday, but not from the strikes, but from the anestetics. Our best free fighter finally decided to undergo a nose surgery. In "Sestre milosrdnice hospital", dr. Vladimir Bedekovic, the chief of plastic and reconstructive surgery of head and neck, did the septum deviation surgery. Although he was prepared for every fight, the problem with breathing caused Mirko Cro Cop to lose breath in the second and third round. - when i cheked in the doctor saw my closed nose channel, and he couldnt belive that i could be a top sportsman with that kind of nose.
It seems that this problem took more than 50 percent of my combat stamina. – said Cro Cop before the surgery. The procedure lasted longer than 2 and a half hours --- Klaudija, Mirkos wife and an expert in anestetics was with him all along.

The fact that he decided for this operation tell us that mirko wants to continue his carrer after all.

Source: http://mirko-cro-cop.blogspot.com/

Post #1   9/30/07 9:29:03PM   

MALICE

MMA Sensei

MALICE Avatar

Career:698-340
Chips:
How could he not notice that much of a reduction in cardio during training? How could they miss something like that during the many physicals he had to have?

Post #2   9/30/07 9:40:37PM   

SicJits

MMA Regular

SicJits Avatar

Career:926-510
Camp: FiveKnucklesCrew
Chips:
the problem with breathing caused Mirko Cro Cop to lose breath in the second and third round-------------

or the kicks and punches.....

Post #3   10/1/07 11:24:30AM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Career:212-114
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:
I hope this is the reason he was sucking so bad. I want to see this Filipovic I've heard so much about.

Post #4   10/1/07 11:26:36AM   

Believe-in-judo81

Standup Guy

Believe-in-judo81 Avatar

Career:288-153
Chips:
True nubby, he's such an exciting fighter. I think everyone wants to see him be the force he can in the sport.

Post #5   10/1/07 11:34:38AM   

TNunley

Belt Contender

TNunley Avatar

Career:120-77
Camp: Team Arse Kickers
Chips:

Posted by Believe-in-judo81

True nubby, he's such an exciting fighter. I think everyone wants to see him be the force he can in the sport.

I don't think I ever want to see him again.... specifically because of threads like this. Tired of reading 25 threads for excuses every pride fighter has that loses... every time they lose.

Post #6   10/1/07 11:36:57AM   

Believe-in-judo81

Standup Guy

Believe-in-judo81 Avatar

Career:288-153
Chips:
Excuse me, but I wasn't making an excuse, actually read my post. I stated that he was and exciting fighter and that I feel most people would want to watch him if he was competing at the top of his game. You can't deny that before this recent slump he was a dominant fighter and an absolute blast to watch, and that's all i was saying. I didn't make a single excuse for Mirko.

Post #7   10/1/07 11:46:10AM   

TNunley

Belt Contender

TNunley Avatar

Career:120-77
Camp: Team Arse Kickers
Chips:

Excuse me, but I wasn't making an excuse, actually read my post. I stated that he was and exciting fighter and that I feel most people would want to watch him if he was competing at the top of his game. You can't deny that before this recent slump he was a dominant fighter and an absolute blast to watch, and that's all i was saying. I didn't make a single excuse for Mirko.

Excuse me, but I don't remember accusing you of making an excuse... I quoted you because you said everyone wants to see him. I responded to your statement, and gave my reason for not wanting to see him.

Here you go:

Post #8   10/1/07 11:51:09AM   

loonytnt

MMA Sensei

loonytnt Avatar

Career:299-241
Camp: Diaz Fan Club
Chips:
give CC i more try if he loses he is done

Post #9   10/1/07 1:48:51PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:

Posted by TNunley

I don't think I ever want to see him again.... specifically because of threads like this. Tired of reading 25 threads for excuses every pride fighter has that loses... every time they lose.

Yeah no one makes excuses for the UFC guys who lose, Rampage got lucky, Rich was sick, BJ gassed, Barnett was on roids, ect. ect. ect. I agree though I don't want to see a guy who goes for the KO every fight either thats boring.

Post #10   10/1/07 6:49:05PM   

muaythai4life

Learning to Sprawl

Career:7-3
Chips:
in many cases I think they have to give pride fighters excuses for loosing. The whole MMA scene hypes pride fighters so high that if they dont completely demolish their competition they didn't put on a show, and if they lose thats even worse! Shogun and Forrest was a great fight, and honestly Forrest cmes to fight all the time. He's a great fighter and they both put on a great fight. Mirco got beat by KO no doubt, and his second fight he broke his rib, neither of those are great excuses, but it's how it went.

Biggest thing is he comes to fight. that demands respect enough.

Post #11   10/1/07 8:20:29PM   

vcr88

Learning to Sprawl

vcr88 Avatar

Career:60-34
Camp: Adeo Armifer
Chips:
Well I think that no matter what if a fighter has any sort of fan base there will always be excuses for them. In his last 2 fights Mirko has not been the fighter everyone knows him to be. 1. Because he underestimated the importance of the ground game and elbows in the UFC(which this is not an excusable reason to suck but it was the reason he sucked). 2. Because he broke his rib and any person with a broken rib is going to be limited in what youre able to do regardless of who you are. Hopefully though Cro Cop will be back to his old self.....Hopefully.

Post #12   10/22/07 1:09:05AM   

Lay_N_Pray

In Full Mount

Lay_N_Pray Avatar

Career:253-130
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:
Lets not turn this into an excuse thread. If you like a fighter you will make an excuse for him because you like him. I dont make an excuse for anyone and I make no exceptions thats just my policy cause that way there can be no arguments.

Sure it sucked Cro Cop got hit in the nuts multiple times, but he lost. Same in the Gonzaga fight. Same can be said for ay fight though. When Rampage beat Liddell that was not a lucky puch, because there is no such thing as a lucky anything...he set it up and executed it.

But good for Mirko getting the surgery. If he fights a guy like Herring next he will win. If he fights a guy like Arlovski next, he will still lose.

Post #13   10/22/07 12:31:33PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,311-856
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by Lay_N_Pray

Lets not turn this into an excuse thread. If you like a fighter you will make an excuse for him because you like him. I dont make an excuse for anyone and I make no exceptions thats just my policy cause that way there can be no arguments.

Sure it sucked Cro Cop got hit in the nuts multiple times, but he lost. Same in the Gonzaga fight. Same can be said for ay fight though. When Rampage beat Liddell that was not a lucky puch, because there is no such thing as a lucky anything...he set it up and executed it.

But good for Mirko getting the surgery. If he fights a guy like Herring next he will win. If he fights a guy like Arlovski next, he will still lose.

agree about ramplage/liddell fight...chuck leaned into a body punch and leaned out which was a mistake on his part...rampage saw this and threw a punch right on the button...really you can blame liddell for making his face such an easy target

Post #14   10/22/07 1:42:05PM   

Manfred

MMA Sensei

Manfred Avatar

Career:596-351
Chips:

Posted by SicJits

the problem with breathing caused Mirko Cro Cop to lose breath in the second and third round-------------

or the kicks and punches.....

The broken rib and multiple shots to the berries didn't help either...

Post #15   10/22/07 4:13:22PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2