Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Ultimate Fighter 6, Episode 2 Rating Drops Quite A Bit

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Sam_Rothstein

Belt Contender

Sam_Rothstein Avatar

Career:950-555
Chips:
The Ultimate Fighter 6, episode two UFC reality show which aired on Spike TV this past Wednesday, September 26, 2007 scored a final cable rating of 1.0, according to Nielsen Media Research.

That is a huge drop off from the premiere episode the week prior, which drew a 1.5 - large in part due to the live Ultimate Fight Night lead-in.

click here for full article

Post #1   9/29/07 8:23:24PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:
I think I know why

2 reasons

1) The first episode aired right after UFN

2) TUF is not offering anything new. I haven't been interested in watching it for a while now.

Post #2   9/29/07 9:44:55PM   

kevietre

Belt Contender

kevietre Avatar

Career:666-468
Chips:

Posted by Rush

I think I know why

2 reasons

1) The first episode aired right after UFN

2) TUF is not offering anything new. I haven't been interested in watching it for a while now.

Even the editing is getting predictable. Cut to each fighter training then see them say why their going to win. The same soundtrack is played thoughout all of the seasons so im used to hearing the music. This might be the most uninteresting season so far and it looked like it was going to be good but it sucks.

Post #3   9/29/07 11:08:49PM   

wapttn

MMeh?

wapttn Avatar

Career:254-148
Chips:
maybe it is played out, but i actually like the tuf song haha

Only the superhardcore mma fans are excited about the fighters comming into the tuf shows.. like i follow mma pretty closely but 9/10 guys on this show are new to me, so i'm not getting excited there. Where people usually get interested is with the coach rivalry, or to see how they run shit/ train a team. Thats why randy/liddel was interesting, why hughes/franklin was interesting, and why penn/pulver was interesting and why tito/shamrock was briefly interesting. Interest in hughes has been lost since he's nolonger the dominant force he once was and cause we've already seen him coach. And straight up 9/10 people dont care about serra. I might get around to tivo-ing the show so i can watch the fights.. but i'm definately gonna fast forward through all the stupid drama and shit talking

Post #4   9/30/07 1:08:48AM   

Sam_Rothstein

Belt Contender

Sam_Rothstein Avatar

Career:950-555
Chips:
yeah last year they had at least a few big names on the show

the only name ive ever heard of outside this show was mac danzig, that and they are preparing these fighters to get into one of the most stacked divisions in the ufc

i would rather see some bigger weight classes like middleweight or higher
or if they do something light i'd rather have some more names i would recognize

Post #5   9/30/07 2:12:06AM   

Tommy

Learning to Sprawl

Career:38-11
Camp: CoOkiE's CamP
Chips:
Everyone but a few mid westesters are tired of Hughes. Holding prayer meetings on national tv? The Bible says to do that in your prayer closet where none can see. Yet there he is shoving his religious believes down peoples throat instead of his fighting doctrine. First John says not to force it on people so why does he anyway? Does Hughes even read his Bible or just go to church so he can pretend it? Study to show theyself approved.

Post #6   9/30/07 8:47:28AM   

fullfighting

MMA Regular

fullfighting Avatar

Career:151-94
Chips:
I still enjoy the show. I admit though that I do not watch it live. I havn't watched it live for a while. The problem with this season is they are cramming Serra's little mommas boy cry the whole damn show. I forgot her name, but that chick is weak. He si pissing on the show every week.

Post #7   9/30/07 12:03:25PM   

J-Fight

Learning to Sprawl

Career:585-269
Camp: War Room Warriors
Chips:
but why? who cares if the productions are the same, the fights are different. Are you an MMA fan or not?

I'm interested in the Serra/Hughes rivalry and how it will play out on the show. Mac DAnzig has already demonstrated his skillz on the show, and tbh I've enjoyed it thus far just fine. IMO if you're into MMA then the show should be entertaining.

edit: didn't quote properly. this post was in response to the mendacity that is post #3.

Last edited 9/30/07 1:49PM server time by j-fight
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #8   9/30/07 1:48:28PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:
i actually like this season of TUF, despite Joe scorola bithcin and moaning. Mac danzig is the only big name in this house as he fought sakurai. he didn't look to impressive in his win but he is definitely one of the favorites in the house. I was going to root for him this season until i found out he was a vegan...i just hate hippe vegetarians so my heart is torn. guess im gonna have to start cheering for some no name underdog to keep my interst

Post #9   9/30/07 2:27:21PM   

buckndro

MMA Regular

buckndro Avatar

Career:580-376
Camp: Chicago Top Team
Chips:
1 time ratinfs dropping done mean anything seeing has they show on wed & thur not all watch on wed come could be busy working or something an catch it the next day, an i ve watched all th TUF im still interested not huge names on this one but serra cracks me up "look at hughs picture looks like hes pissing" an also does lol anyways i think back to back day to try an see it some might just wait to thur to check it out

Post #10   9/30/07 3:07:32PM   

Tailgunner

MMA Regular

Tailgunner Avatar

Career:143-80
Chips:
Dana White doesn't even show up for every episode.....he had Serra fill in for him!

TUF is fast becoming lame, Hughes and Serra are not bursting with personality and with Serras big mouth flapping the show becomes annoying.

Post #11   9/30/07 6:02:52PM   

wapttn

MMeh?

wapttn Avatar

Career:254-148
Chips:
TUF 7 .......... SUPER HEAVY WEIGHTS!

lets get sapp, hunt, choi, and.. lesnar could make shw right? .. put them all in the tuf house for 6 weeks, that i would watch religiously

Post #12   9/30/07 7:13:26PM   

Irish209

MMA Regular

Irish209 Avatar

Career:34-42
Chips:

Posted by wapttn

TUF 7 .......... SUPER HEAVY WEIGHTS!

lets get sapp, hunt, choi, and.. lesnar could make shw right? .. put them all in the tuf house for 6 weeks, that i would watch religiously

lol yeah that would be cool

Post #13   9/30/07 9:41:06PM   

Raiderz757

MMA Regular

Raiderz757 Avatar

Career:168-130
Chips:
i was going to watch it but i thought it was coming on thursday just like all the other seasons. if i can remember ill watch it next wed

Post #14   10/1/07 12:12:32AM   

loonytnt

MMA Sensei

loonytnt Avatar

Career:299-241
Camp: Diaz Fan Club
Chips:
wed i got class, thur was a lot easier for me to watch wed i got to match going on

Post #15   10/1/07 12:19:57AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2