Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Why Silva was so easy to takedown

Print  
Posted By Message

THE_AXE_MURDERER

MMA Regular

THE_AXE_MURDERER Avatar

Career:76-48
Camp: Rascal Fight Team
Chips:
UFC commentator Joe Rogan reviled on MMA.tv’s The Underground forum, that UFC Middleweight Champion Anderson Silva was still suffering from recent knee surgery during his UFC 67 Headline bout with Travis Lutter.

"Anderson Silva had knee surgery on both knees just 11 weeks ago. That was why he was so easy to take down, and that was why he couldn't squeeze 100% when he had Lutter in the triangle. I ran into his manager after the show and he told me the whole deal. His knees were still very sore. Later that night I ran into Anderson in the hotel, and he was limping like he was just double knee barred.

Crazy shit. If Travis ever had a chance, last night was it. Great fight, either way."

http://www.mmauniverse.com/news/SS1226

Post #1   2/5/07 8:42:15PM   

aceprone

Standup Guy

aceprone Avatar

Career:1,037-635
Camp: Slackers
Chips:
That is some interesting news. Give it up for Anderson for still putting his belt on the line.

Post #2   2/5/07 8:45:34PM   

THE_AXE_MURDERER

MMA Regular

THE_AXE_MURDERER Avatar

Career:76-48
Camp: Rascal Fight Team
Chips:
Lutter really is just an idiot he has the chance of a lifetime and he cant even cut weight...its even better that Anderson beat him on the ground!

Post #3   2/5/07 8:48:40PM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:
surgery on his knees??? for what?? broke them on Franklin?

before the fight i kept telling all my friends..(who were going for the underdog)

"lutter isnt even gonna get close to Silva....Silva is gonna be quick on his feet and move away quickly when lutter tried for a takedown"

i guess this is why Silva was not as quick on his feet that day.....

Post #4   2/5/07 8:53:19PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,924-1,081
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Makes sense , thanks for the info.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #5   2/5/07 8:54:55PM