Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Alexander Wants Shot At Bisping

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
I'll fight whoever the UFC puts in front of me." That quote should sound vaguely familiar to fight fans.

LINK

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #1   9/27/07 2:30:20PM   

sauce3200

Learning to Sprawl

sauce3200 Avatar

Career:180-100
Chips:
I'd love to see that fight. Alexander will destroy him very quickly. Too much power.

Post #2   9/27/07 2:36:23PM   

donzpimp

Learning to Sprawl

donzpimp Avatar

Career:168-110
Camp: Team Sexy
Chips:
Alexander is a beast I want to see someone test him though either take him to the gound or go past the first round with him I am not sure that will actually happen though

Post #3   9/27/07 2:44:54PM   

TNunley

Belt Contender

TNunley Avatar

Career:120-77
Camp: Team Arse Kickers
Chips:
I'd love to see that fight... Bisping had a really tough fight against Hammill, and before that fight Hammill was definitely not known for his striking. I think Alexander could take this one.

Post #4   9/27/07 2:50:51PM   

silverbullet

Shrimpin' ain't easy

Career:144-82
Chips:
Two overrated fighters going against one another, I could see Bisping taking this one.

Post #5   9/27/07 3:26:32PM   

loonytnt

MMA Sensei

loonytnt Avatar

Career:299-241
Camp: Diaz Fan Club
Chips:
alexander would beat bisping imo by KO

Post #6   9/27/07 3:38:46PM   

xxdeadpoolxx

MMA Regular

xxdeadpoolxx Avatar

Career:890-595
Camp: Rocky Mountain Wrecking Crew
Chips:
I think Bisping is the weakest link in the division and would like to see this fight. But a fight against someone like Bonnar who imo has never really had a good test would be good too.

Post #7   9/27/07 3:57:33PM   

wrona666

In Full Mount

wrona666 Avatar

Career:1,102-674
Chips:
I would love to see Alexander smash Bispings big mouth. The only way i could see Bisping win that fight is by submission, but Alexander is way too powerful for him. Alexander KO rd 1.

Post #8   9/27/07 4:00:13PM   

wapttn

MMeh?

wapttn Avatar

Career:254-148
Chips:

Posted by silverbullet

Two overrated fighters going against one another, I could see Bisping taking this one.

hahaha.. i swear.. half ur posts are just to piss people off

I think bisping was proven to be overrated when he lost the standup battle to someone who was considered to be a pure wrestler so i agree there, but I dont think houston alexander is overrated by any means. Two impressive first round KOs. Nobody has tested his ground game, but his standup is deadly whether its in the clinch, against the fence or with space.

Do you really think that the standup game of someone who lost to hamill can match up to someone who KOed jardine and sakara?

Post #9   9/27/07 4:36:20PM   

roman

Standup Guy

roman Avatar

Career:679-391
Chips:

Posted by silverbullet

What are your thoughts on the TUF fighters who beat Liddell and Shogun?????? Still think they are overratted?

Anyways I would love to see Alexander KO Bisping.

Post #10   9/27/07 5:46:29PM   

fullfighting

MMA Regular

fullfighting Avatar

Career:151-94
Chips:
This is a good fight, I hope it happens.

Post #11   9/27/07 7:41:29PM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:

Posted by wapttn

Posted by silverbullet

hahaha.. i swear.. half ur posts are just to piss people off

I think bisping was proven to be overrated when he lost the standup battle to someone who was considered to be a pure wrestler so i agree there, but I dont think houston alexander is overrated by any means. Two impressive first round KOs. Nobody has tested his ground game, but his standup is deadly whether its in the clinch, against the fence or with space.

Do you really think that the standup game of someone who lost to hamill can match up to someone who KOed jardine and sakara?

Sure does seem that half his posts are to piss people off.

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #12   9/27/07 7:51:59PM   

Sam_Rothstein

Belt Contender

Sam_Rothstein Avatar

Career:950-555
Chips:
if bisping strikes with alexander im predicting a tko in round 1

if bisping takes it to the ground, who knows ive never seen alexander on the ground for more then 15 seconds and michael bisping almost got submitted by a beat down elvis sinosic

Post #13   9/27/07 8:09:19PM   

StevieC

MMA Regular

StevieC Avatar

Career:548-340
Camp: Minnesota MMA Maulers
Chips:

Posted by sauce3200

I'd love to see that fight. Alexander will destroy him very quickly. Too much power.

I totally agree, Bisping lost the fight to Hamill and Hamill landed some good shots. Alexander would pick Bisping apart like no tomorrow....

Dana White is too high on this guy(Bisping) someone needs to knock his ass out because I don't think he competes with at least 17 fighters I know of right now....In totally random order....

Rampage
Hendo
Sokoudjou
Jardine
Liddell
Machida
Silva
Shogun
Griffin
Evans
Ortiz
Alexander
Nogueira
Bonnar (ya I said it, Bonnar would beat his ass)
Lambert
Sobral
and ofcourse Matt Hamill, why? Because he truely won that fight...

There are few more but I can think of them all....O ya Arona too! So that would make 18.

I would actually like to see Thiago Silva fight Bisping, it would be a good stepping stone for Silva to move up in the light-heavy divison....

Post #14   9/27/07 8:22:36PM   

gamez0932

MMA Regular

gamez0932 Avatar

Career:408-303
Chips:
alexander would definitly win this fight... when hamill was going after bisping bisping got gun shy and looked like a deer caught in headlights.. he's the one who likes to be coming foward and likes to push the pace but he didnt against hamill and arguably lost that fight..... and alexander always pushes the action.

Post #15   9/27/07 8:32:29PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2