Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Possibility of UFC signing Nog Twins????

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
Is it just me or does it seem like Joe Rogan brings up the Nogueira fairly often. During Heath Herrings Debut Joe mentioned Herrings loss to Nog and how Nog was one of the Top HW's in the world.
I also distincly remeber both lil and big Nog being mentioned as the "Nogueira brothers" who trained someone in BJJ. (i believe it was Hermes Franca pls Correct me if i am wrong).
Is it possible that Dana White is in the process of sigining these two guys and he wants Rogan to build them up os when they arrive in the UFC everyone will know that Nog beat Cro Cop and Herring?
I have heard many times by forum posters who claim that this will not happen b/c of the way Dana White Treated Murilo Bustamante, the UFC MW champ at the time. I dont believe Murilo was mistreated however but rather that he and the UFC had a diffrenece of opininons on what he should be paid so they went their Seperate ways. I dont believe any hard feelings remain. Espically since that was a few years back, and i doubt that the entire BTT would refuse to go to the UFC b/c of it.

Any thoughts or more Sightings(hearings) of Joe Rogan mentioning the Nogueira twins?

Post #1   2/5/07 5:10:29PM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
The UFC could be talking amongst themselves about signing the Nog bros. But I think it might have to do with Rogan and his BJJ. He trains in it and they just might be people he looks up to

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #2   2/5/07 5:24:22PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:
It would be a great signing... Maybe he will try to time it out... Bring in Big Nog after CC gains the belt, and market the rematch, I can already see the promo:

The man who has taken the UFC heavyweight division by storm, Mirko CroCop, faces the only man every to submit him...

In all it would be great if it was true, big Nog especially, I think lil Nog still has a lot to prove in Pride so I don't see him coming for a while at least (but he's more than welcome!).

Good thinking in general... Rogan has mentioned them quite often, and wouldn't they be a huge asset to the UFC fighter stable??

Side note: I think that Rogan mentioned that Anderson Silva got his BJJ blackbelt from one or both of the Nog's, after he left Chutebox.

Post #3   2/5/07 6:11:07PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Chips:

Posted by zephead

The UFC could be talking amongst themselves about signing the Nog bros. But I think it might have to do with Rogan and his BJJ. He trains in it and they just might be people he looks up to

But he trains BJJ under Eddie Bravo. Im not sure if he has any connection to BTT.

Post #4   2/5/07 9:46:11PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Chips:
Anderson Sivla BJJ black belt under Nog's. that sounds more right that Franca. I was pretty sure i was wrong on that one.

Post #5   2/5/07 9:47:15PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,967-1,114
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I hope it's true, especially LIl Nog. I think he has the best chance to beat Chuck of any LHVY.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #6   2/5/07 10:31:30PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

I hope it's true, especially LIl Nog. I think he has the best chance to beat Chuck of any LHVY.

I personally think that Ricardo Arona has the best chance outta all top 10 LHWS. They guy is a beast at grappling and if anyone can take chuck down its him.

Post #7   2/5/07 10:48:33PM   

THE_AXE_MURDERER

MMA Regular

THE_AXE_MURDERER Avatar

Career:76-48
Camp: Rascal Fight Team
Chips:
If they do come to UFC we got two new champs.

Post #8   2/5/07 11:29:13PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,967-1,114
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by madmarck

Posted by hippysmacker

I personally think that Ricardo Arona has the best chance outta all top 10 LHWS. They guy is a beast at grappling and if anyone can take chuck down its him.

Can you imagine Arona with a cage to push someone against and elbows. Could be devastating, it would seem to fit his style better. However, I don't know how exciting he would be to the casual fan unless he throws elbows like Tito .

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #9   2/6/07 3:45:37AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:

Posted by madmarck

Posted by zephead

But he trains BJJ under Eddie Bravo. Im not sure if he has any connection to BTT.

Bravo trains BJJ under Jean Jaque Machado, so I don't think theres any BTT connection, as the Machados are kind of like the Gracies.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #10   2/6/07 4:01:24AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker
Can you imagine Arona with a cage to push someone against and elbows. Could be devastating, it would seem to fit his style better. However, I don't know how exciting he would be to the casual fan unless he throws elbows like Tito .

I don't think Arona would fly with the casual fan, in the same way Marquette and Lister are in the dark matches. Remember Lister vs. Arona? That was one of the most boring fights ever.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #11   2/6/07 4:02:54AM   

Sakuraba

Learning to Sprawl

Sakuraba Avatar

Career:11-7
Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

Posted by hippysmacker

I don't think Arona would fly with the casual fan, in the same way Marquette and Lister are in the dark matches. Remember Lister vs. Arona? That was one of the most boring fights ever.

I liked that match...depends if you like grappling or not i guess. both top notch grapplers

Post #12   2/6/07 4:51:53AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

Posted by madmarck

Posted by zephead

Bravo trains BJJ under Jean Jaque Machado, so I don't think theres any BTT connection, as the Machados are kind of like the Gracies.

ahh yes i remember now thanks for the reminder.

Post #13   2/6/07 10:43:29AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Chips:

Posted by THE_AXE_MURDERER

If they do come to UFC we got two new champs.

I dont think that Lil Nog could take out Chuck.

Post #14   2/6/07 10:44:14AM   

fedorwins1

MMA Sensei

Career:552-270
Chips:
That would be an awesome signing alot more matchups if they do sign. I wouldn't mind seeing Nog vs CC 2

Last edited 2/6/07 5:00PM server time by fedorwins1
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #15   2/6/07 10:45:53AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2