Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Will Chuck ever reach the top?

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Sheddy

MMA Regular

Sheddy Avatar

Career:95-42
Chips:
Jardine didn't beat him badly, so don't write him off completely...
Fair enough, Rampage ko'd him, but the Jardine fight was reasonably close, and there's no reason Chuck couldn't beat him in a rematch if he were to put in some serious training.

However, he may be a contender in a year or so, but personally, I don't think he'll be champ again.

Post #16   9/29/07 10:54:13AM   

seavillebri

Learning to Sprawl

seavillebri Avatar

Career:2,352-1,203
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
i'm not sure if chuck can be champ again. i don't believe he's one dimensional, he just got used to knocking people out so he relied to heavily on it. i think randy went through the same type of thing, relying too much on his wrestling. after his losses he vastly improved his striking and overall game and look at him now. does chuck have the same desire as randy to return to championship form? time will tell

Post #17   9/29/07 11:45:00PM   

TMIL316

MMA Regular

TMIL316 Avatar

Career:325-184
Chips:
yea im the biggest chuck fan there is but i dont think he will reach the top again but what i think he should do is move up to HW and fight there are some fights i want to see happen and time is running out i read in an interview that chuck walked in the ring at like 220 so i could see him gettin the wight to fight just a thought i had see what yall think

Post #18   10/1/07 1:05:17AM   

jocksmall

In Full Mount

Career:213-134
Chips:
it would take a dana just throwing him in a title fight like he did for randy. i agree that it would be difficult for chuck to beat 3 top guys to get a shot. his only chance in my mind is dana using his name or using him as a replacement and giving him a title shot. if he gets a chance well who knows

Post #19   10/1/07 7:41:12AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2