Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Clay Guida vs. Roger Huerta Targeted for December’s “TUF” Finale

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

bezun

Banned

Career:146-107
Chips:
Dude i understand, however any of the guys that he has fought would not be pulling an upset if they won because huerta is not as good as we are to believe based on his opponents. I'm sure there is a valid reason they aren't giving him hard competition, but it looks like they are setting him up so they appeal to a newer audience in hopes of expanding. You said it, his fights have been against people debuting. Are we to believe that by beating the likes of crane, garcia, dent, camacho, swift, evans and 'maybe beating halverson, he is in lline for a title. This man has something to prove before he can be taken seriously as a contender.

Post #16   9/26/07 7:09:03PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,510-1,592
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I think Huerta is a stand up guy...he recently beat 2 well known fighters outside of the MMA world, one was known for his BJJ and the other is known for his wrestling. Evans is a 7-time Alaska State Freestyle and Greco Roman wrestling champ, and Alberto Crane is a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Black Belt who’s has been training Jiu-Jitsu for 12 years and has trained at the world famous Gracie Barra academy in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Alberto is a former world Jiu-Jitsu champion as well as the former “King Of The Cage” lightweight champion.Jiu-Jitsu: 2002 World Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Champion (Mundials), 3 time Brazilian National Jiu-Jitsu Champion, 99 Silver World Championship medalist (Mundials), 98 Bronze World Championship medalist (Mundials)Submission Wrestling: Grapplers Quest Champion, Pan American Champion, 2 time Best of the West Champion, Abu Dhabi Veteran.

So to say they aren't good fighter's is total BS!! They just aren't as famous and popular as Clay Guida....who has fought a man named Clay Guidiola according to Sherdog. This guy just appeared, lost to Clay and dissappeared...because he never existed!! I can't like anyone who has immaginary opponents count towards his professional record!!!

Last edited 9/26/07 10:58PM server time by jae_1833
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #17   9/26/07 10:58:00PM   

bezun

Banned

Career:146-107
Chips:

Posted by bezun

Posted by jgordon85

Posted by babalu2720

Guida by split decision...Guida will probaly dominate but since Huerta is a posterboy 1 judge will do Dana a favor and give the decision to Huerta

i always thought that. that dana tells the judges something or to favor a fighter. but this dude always gets pissed when people say that and he says he has nothing to do with it.
dana white said that huerta will get a title shot in year if he continues to win.

If he continues to fight against these fighters he has been getting and he gets a shot at the champ, I say bj will make his elbow bend the wrong way. Huerta has proven nothing in my eyes. As i have said in the past: Huerta is being built up with worthless wins so the ufc can gain hispanic fans and thereby expanding southh of the border. Same goes with bisping. Why not put these two up against top tier fighters. The ufc has built their records up to the point that the numbers are as impressive as some of these elite goons they are giving title shots. Are they waiting until the 20 win mark before they give them top opponents? Okay, i'm done. sorry about that.

This back me up. the quote is from the sherdog article about mma and mexico
"Currently the promotion is banking on one fighter to attract Mexican fans: Roger Huerta (Pictures). Huerta has the tools necessary to break into the Hispanic mainstream. He has model good looks, speaks perfect Spanish and most importantly he is what Mexicans call a "fajador." In boxing terms, "fajador" loosely translates to brawler, an important ingredient when looking for acceptance in the Hispanic market".
Agreed?

Post #18   9/27/07 12:27:30PM   

rockernhb

Learning to Sprawl

rockernhb Avatar

Career:225-132
Camp: The Pit
Chips:
Can't wait, can't f-ing wait. Hope Huerta does well but wouldn't be hurt if Guida took off with it either. Should be a great fight...

Post #19   9/28/07 1:39:55AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2