Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Vera VS Sylvia

Print  
Whos gonna win?
Timmy 34 45%
Vera 37 49%
Don't know! 4 5%
  Page 1 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

Leland

Standup Guy

Leland Avatar

Career:92-44
Camp: Polk Fight Club
Chips:
What do you guys think? If Tim just got back surgery, he may be as intense as he used to be. I wonder how that recovery is going. On the other hand, Vera is undefeated and a beast in the octagon, even though he has never had a test with someone the ranks of Sylvia. Opinions?

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #1   9/26/07 1:03:48PM   

TNunley

Belt Contender

TNunley Avatar

Career:120-77
Camp: Team Arse Kickers
Chips:

Posted by Leland

What do you guys think? If Tim just got back surgery, he may be as intense as he used to be. I wonder how that recovery is going. On the other hand, Vera is undefeated and a beast in the octagon, even though he has never had a test with someone the ranks of Sylvia. Opinions?

In my OPINION... I think Vera will hand it to him. No disrespect to Tim, but I wouldn't be surprised if he has an excuse for why he lost after he does so.

Post #2   9/26/07 1:06:47PM   

nickcuc547

BANNED

nickcuc547 Avatar

Career:802-477
Chips:
i gotta say big tim by ko, vera is the more skilled striker but big tim has a lot more power and he will have plenty of opportunities to hit vera because of his aggressive style. i think this is a good matchup for sylvia and i also think this will be a quick explosive fight. tim's big right will stop vera late first early second.

Post #3   9/26/07 1:17:40PM   

BigEvil

Standup Guy

BigEvil Avatar

Career:342-204
Camp: SC MMA
Chips:
Tim by boring ass desicion

Post #4   9/26/07 1:23:01PM   

TNunley

Belt Contender

TNunley Avatar

Career:120-77
Camp: Team Arse Kickers
Chips:

Posted by BigEvil

Although I have to disagree with your pick... if it does go to Tim I do see it ending the way you predict.

Post #5   9/26/07 1:28:23PM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:

Posted by BigEvil

Why a boring decision?? He finishes 79% of his fights.

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #6   9/26/07 1:35:30PM   

BigEvil

Standup Guy

BigEvil Avatar

Career:342-204
Camp: SC MMA
Chips:

Posted by zephead

Posted by BigEvil

That may be true but when I was younger I pooped in my pants 100 % of the time... that percentage slowly decreased over the years untl it got to what it is now (probably about 3% ) Anyway what I'm trying to say is, What have you done for me lately Tim?

Post #7   9/26/07 1:41:23PM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:

Posted by BigEvil

Posted by zephead

Posted by BigEvil

That may be true but when I was younger I pooped in my pants 100 % of the time... that percentage slowly decreased over the years untl it got to what it is now (probably about 3% ) Anyway what I'm trying to say is, What have you done for me lately Tim?

probably the best post ive read all week. props

Post #8   9/26/07 3:06:44PM   

muaythai4life

Learning to Sprawl

Career:7-3
Chips:
I feel that Vera will take this one. Tim hasn't been the same fighter since he got off the roids. And I know he KO'd AA but that was pretty much a fluke in my oppinion. And his KO to tra tillerman was just about the worst looking head kick ever.

He hasn't been hungry or really devistating since he got off the juice, I don't see him being very crisp and I think very will be able to defuse that big right hand of Tim's pretty easy.

All tim has is a one two punch. Without that he's about nothing.

Post #9   9/26/07 4:09:01PM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Career:212-114
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:

Posted by BigEvil

Posted by zephead

Posted by BigEvil

EXACTLY, that is my favorite saying "What have you done for me lately", it perfectly encompasses my thoughts that you are only as good as your last fight.

Post #10   9/26/07 4:14:53PM   

xchickox

In Full Mount

xchickox Avatar

Career:594-360
Chips:
i think vera with just beat him on the feet, vera is way to accurate with his hands, knees and kicks and then he'll take tim to the ground and submit him in the second round

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #11   9/26/07 4:52:03PM   

Pyrenus

MMA Regular

Pyrenus Avatar

Career:430-263
Camp: Team World Class
Chips:
I think Vera will win by KO. If Vera is smart, he'll go straight for the legs and keep peppering them with kicks. I can't remember Tim ever facing someone who possessed a good leg kick.

Eventually Tim will have to press the action instead of counter punching, and that's when Vera will land a big head kick to end the match.

Post #12   9/26/07 4:58:14PM   

Lay_N_Pray

In Full Mount

Lay_N_Pray Avatar

Career:360-191
Chips:
This is Tim's fight to lose in my opinion. Someone made the statement that he hasn't been the same since he got off the juice, I dont think he has been the same since he won the title.

If he fights like he usually does when he doesnt have the title I think he will be very aggressive. He always ups his game when he wants the title so if he does that he will beat Vera.

If he fights like he has the title, like against Monson and Arlovski, then Vera will outscore him on the feet and if he can take it to the ground, possibly submit him, but probably not just cause of size. I think Vera by Decision if Tim is fighting like he has the title...or Tim by TKO is he is fighting like Tim without the title.

Post #13   9/26/07 4:59:29PM   

allmotormark

MMA Regular

allmotormark Avatar

Career:1,035-549
Chips:
i think vera will chop him with a bunch of kicks to the leg and once he starts to check them he will crack him in the head with one or silvia will eat one in the gut and vera will take him down.

vera all the way

Post #14   9/26/07 5:01:45PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:
Tim has a super long reach and you knwo he's pissed off and is working on every little flaw he had at UFC 68...Vera has been inactive for a bit and I think on MMAweekly rumors section when Tim was champ this was suppose to happen but Vera had issues with his contract or something so Captain America replaced him and dominated...

I have Tim by Unanimous Decision and I'm putting ALL my money on him because I can't believe he's the underdog but who's complaining?

Post #15   9/26/07 5:04:06PM   

Page 1 of 3     1     2     3