Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

“HELL BOY” HANSEN’S PURGATORY?

Print  
Posted By Message

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Career:497-280
Chips:

Most mixed martial arts fighters dream of scoring a contract to fight in the Ultimate Fighting Championship, sometimes top ten lightweight Joachim “Hellboy” Hansen (15-5-1) wants nothing more than to get out of his.

LINK

Post #1   9/26/07 7:39:35AM   

MMAnomale

MMA Regular

MMAnomale Avatar

Career:155-77
Chips:
That sucks. I like Hansen. I'd like to see him fight in the UFC, and it would definately help that weight class. It sounds like, to me, the UFC isn't wanting to pay people, and maybe that's why Pride went under, paying the fighters too much, I don't know, but they should be paid. They make this sport and they spend their lives in a constant state of training. If they're only offering him half of what he made in Pride, something's wrong. That just isn't right. He's a damn good fighter who I'd like to see fight in the Cage. The UFC is quickly finding a way to alienate many fighters. This will all blow up in their face someday if things don't change.

Post #2   9/26/07 10:43:49AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,975-1,117
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
They have definitely payed a lot of fighters more than they ever made in Pride. It's weird that they wouldn't want to pay Hansen his contracted purse. Maybe they don't value him as much as a lot of fans do. He is 2-3 in his last 5 fights, but he's also exciting, so I don't see a reason top not sign him.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #3   9/26/07 1:15:30PM   

m0nk3y

Learning to Sprawl

m0nk3y Avatar

Career:65-48
Chips:
cmon zuffa pay the man ....

Post #4   9/26/07 4:58:02PM