Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Rashad Tito winner??

Print  
  Page 3 of 6     1     2     3     4     5     6  
Posted By Message

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Career:212-114
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:

Posted by MMAFever

Posted by TNunley

Posted by MMAFever

I didn't say Tito was known for finishing his fights... quite the opposite.

The points you make are valid if this were the year 2004 or later but, last I checked, it is 2007.

If you enjoy watching Tito fight to have his fights decided by judge's decision then all the power to you and I hope you enjoy that.

MMA Fever isn't all about the highlights, it's about understanding the fighter's style, strengths, weaknesses, injuries and fight camp (training partners) which is why I stand by what I said in that, Mr. Jacob "Tito" Ortiz is spent and cannot finish a fight.

IMO Ortiz is a mediocre wrestler with below average striking ability who relies on only one style (G'n'P with Elbows) that was successfully countered by Rashad Evans

You can't put forth and agrument to refute this historical fact about Ortiz which is why, "nuff said" is a sufficient argument to counter, "Additionally, given a few more seconds I'm quite sure he would have finished off Rashad in the second round, That guillotine was in deep."

I could say that given a right high kick by Rashad in round two and Tito would have been KTFO. See how preposterous that line of thinking is? 'nuff said.

Haven't done it in a while, but I'm gonna have to defend Tito for a second.

Obviously Tito has some potential as a belt contender. I think Dana himself even said this. I mean really, Tito's last 3 losses were to Chuck Liddell and Randy Couture. The last loss before that was against Frank Shamrock way back in '99.

I think Tito is far better than mediocre at wrestling, unless you're meaning he's mediocre at wrestling but great at JJ. Plus it's hard to say Rashad "countered" anything. The only reason Rashad didn't walk away with a loss is because of Tito grabbing some fence(which is a whole different conversation).

True, Tito should have won by decision except that he had a point taken away from him for grabbing the fence multiple times to prevent Rashad's takedown.

By Rashad quickly climbing to his feet after a takedown thus eliminating the G'n'P of Ortiz is considered a defensive counter.

I have seen nothing but Tito bashing from Dana White so if you have a link or anything that you could share that would validate the claim that Dana White thinks Tito is a contender, I would appreciate it.

MMA Math is flawed and I wouldn't say Tito is great at BJJ at all. Yes, Tito has fought the top contenders and lost to them so I don't know how one can argue that he is a contender now because Chuck lost by split decision.

Can Tito finish a fight in 2007 and beyond without resorting to the flawed 10-point must system to decide the outcome of the fight?

People can say that Tito's a contender because the two people who beat him in recent memory are now out of his way, gee I guess that must be flawed logic as well.

Post #31   9/26/07 5:23:59PM   

Conartist

Learning to Sprawl

Conartist Avatar

Career:132-77
Chips:
Sometimes I don't care who wins and I just want Tito to shut up. Then again I admire his smack talk strategy. It works most of the time. However,with this fight, it's Rashad's time to make it big in the LHW division. The way I see it, he can feed off the inspiration from Keith Jardine and Forest Griffin and I think the upsets are going to continue. That is if he continues to train with Juanito with team Jackson in Big Bear.

Post #32   9/26/07 7:41:59PM   

Ulio

Learning to Sprawl

Ulio Avatar

Career:386-264
Chips:

Posted by jocka

Posted by guero13

some may not agree but how abot Ortiz vs Henderson . if tito would lose that one he would lose to a champ. if he wins its like he beat wand twice ( kinda) and there would be less doubt about him getting in the cage with rampage

Tito vs Rashad 2 - Rashad will win it this time and maybee now he could retire, I am the only one that is tired of Tito Ortiz. Rashad then should fight Hendo

The tito ortiz that was hungry vs shamrock if it is him then great he can have a chance in the title scene.

Post #33   9/26/07 7:56:11PM   

jeremygreen

MMA Regular

jeremygreen Avatar

Career:212-145
Camp: The Pit
Chips:
Tito will never be champion again, he's done, how could he beat rampage, he would probably get beat by rashad when they fight again, forrest griffin will beat him if they ever get a rematch, Wanderlei could beat him, Henderson could beat him, no way Tito could get the belt back.

Post #34   9/26/07 8:06:50PM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Chips:

Posted by jeremygreen

Tito will never be champion again, he's done, how could he beat rampage, he would probably get beat by rashad when they fight again, forrest griffin will beat him if they ever get a rematch, Wanderlei could beat him, Henderson could beat him, no way Tito could get the belt back.

I wouldn't be so sure. There is a big IF that could determine his future for the next 4 years. IF he can get healthy you can expect to see him the way he was against Forrest in the first round of their Fight. You can expect the Tito that you saw in both Shamrock fights. He's there, but he's hidden underneath ACL tears, Back Injuries, and other training injuries. Couture was quoted as saying that Tito over-trains. If he could find his groove, I think he might have a chance at Jackson. I don't think Forrest would really end up that much differently and Rashad is just Tito light IMO.

Post #35   9/26/07 8:17:12PM   

jeremygreen

MMA Regular

jeremygreen Avatar

Chips:

Posted by nubby

Posted by jeremygreen

I wouldn't be so sure. There is a big IF that could determine his future for the next 4 years. IF he can get healthy you can expect to see him the way he was against Forrest in the first round of their Fight. You can expect the Tito that you saw in both Shamrock fights. He's there, but he's hidden underneath ACL tears, Back Injuries, and other training injuries. Couture was quoted as saying that Tito over-trains. If he could find his groove, I think he might have a chance at Jackson. I don't think Forrest would really end up that much differently and Rashad is just Tito light IMO.

Even if he did get past Rashad and Griffin, he still would loose to Rampage and Hendo, He will espcially loose to Chuck , so hes done, Cant get past Chuck = done

Post #36   9/26/07 8:22:31PM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Chips:

Posted by jeremygreen

Posted by nubby

Posted by jeremygreen

Even if he did get past Rashad and Griffin, he still would loose to Rampage and Hendo, He will espcially loose to Chuck , so hes done, Cant get past Chuck = done

Explain why he even has to fight chuck again?

Post #37   9/26/07 8:30:57PM   

jeremygreen

MMA Regular

jeremygreen Avatar

Chips:

Posted by nubby

Posted by jeremygreen

Posted by nubby

Posted by jeremygreen

Explain why he even has to fight chuck again?

Because Lidell got knocked off the ladder, Tito can't just challenge for the title, that wouldn't make since, so in order to climb the ladder he has to go through Liddell, Seeing that Chuck always has tito's number, I doubt he will ever be champion, in fact im going out on a limb and saying he will never be champion in the ufc again.

Post #38   9/26/07 9:27:08PM   

hathcock32

In Full Mount

hathcock32 Avatar

Career:1,227-772
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:
IMO a healty Tito can beat anyone. Especially in a 5 round fight....IF he can get to that title shot. He should take on the dirty boxing aspect like Couture and i think it would make him a lot better. If he is healtly(no major injuries) he will stop Rashad in the 2nd GnP.

Post #39   9/26/07 9:29:53PM   

hathcock32

In Full Mount

hathcock32 Avatar

Career:1,227-772
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:
Chuck is lower on the todem pole than Tito at the moment. Tito wins agianst Rashad he gets a big name opponet he wins that he gets a title shot. Coming off 2 straight losses Chuck is a ways away from the title.

Post #40   9/26/07 9:32:04PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:
After Tito UD's Rashad he should get Shogun or Wandy because I would love to see him get tested by a fighter with Great Muay Thia and great BJJ...

He could hold his own stand up until they lock the M-Thai clinch and then he's screwed...

Post #41   9/27/07 12:40:06AM   

loonytnt

MMA Sensei

loonytnt Avatar

Career:299-241
Camp: Diaz Fan Club
Chips:
i see a lot of tito haters lol tito is a great fighter and i will make a bold move and say he will be the champ again

Post #42   9/27/07 12:49:43AM   

MaxUFC

Learning to Sprawl

MaxUFC Avatar

Career:1,624-1,318
Chips:
If Evans are going do like 3rd Round...no butterfly stomach. Evans will win. I pick Evans via R3 TKO.

Post #43   9/27/07 5:01:03AM   

jeremygreen

MMA Regular

jeremygreen Avatar

Chips:
It doesn't matter, Rashad will beat him this time, ko baby!

Post #44   9/27/07 10:31:17AM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Chips:

Posted by NatedawgThaM

After Tito UD's Rashad he should get Shogun or Wandy because I would love to see him get tested by a fighter with Great Muay Thia and great BJJ...

He could hold his own stand up until they lock the M-Thai clinch and then he's screwed...

Tito's clinch is very strong, it's the reason Couture didn't want to stay there when they fought. I also think that Tito would muscle Shogun the way that Forrest did, except on the ground Tito would be far more dangerous. The same might not apply to Silva, but the way to defeat Silva would be almost identical to the first time they went at it. There are only really two types of fighters that give Tito problems, great strikers with a sprawl and wrestlers, Shogun and Silva are neither.

Post #45   9/27/07 11:08:44AM   

Page 3 of 6     1     2     3     4     5     6