Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

The Fallout of Knockout: Inside UFC 76’s Upsets

Print  
Posted By Message

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
The real spelling of disarray: light heavyweight. After crowning an uncontested king in Quinton Jackson, two weeks later Keith Jardine and Forrest Griffin sent unofficial number one contenders Chuck Liddell and “Shogun” Rua into a downward spiral, taking the division down with them. What does the UFC do now?

LINK

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #1   9/25/07 12:18:02PM   

titorican

MMA Regular

titorican Avatar

Career:819-516
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
Great article.

Post #2   9/25/07 4:19:08PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,687-1,701
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
The aftermath of Chuck Rampage is going to be a long lasting war. So many possibilities, with Houston stepping in, Babalu steeping out, Chuck and Rua stepping down, and Forrest and Jardine stepping up, it's going to be a great time with a lot of interesting matches to figure out who gets the next title shot against Rampage.

Post #3   9/25/07 4:22:23PM   

babytater03

In Full Mount

babytater03 Avatar

Career:1,007-642
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
what a great article. The last two paragraphs are all that really need to be said.

Also: Jae_1833 Dont forget Machida, Evans, or Ortiz. Hell Bisping and Hamill for that matter.

Last edited 9/25/07 4:50PM server time by babytater03
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #4   9/25/07 4:42:33PM   

kilgoreup

Learning to Sprawl

kilgoreup Avatar

Career:80-63
Chips:
i think the ufc should make a tournament bracket with the top ten light weights and the winner of that should get a title shot!!

Post #5   9/25/07 5:40:04PM   

bezun

Banned

Career:146-107
Chips:

Posted by babytater03

what a great article. The last two paragraphs are all that really need to be said.

Also: Jae_1833 Dont forget Machida, Evans, or Ortiz. Hell Bisping and Hamill for that matter.

It is going to take tito a while and an ass load of luck to get back into contention. If he is fighting rashad again, this is going to put him another fight behind working towards contention. They are both in limbo until a winner is decided, then they can be in a position to move up the ranks.
Great article. I've always counted jardine out but I think i'm going to have to start considering him a dangerous man, same goes for forrest. Good luck to them both

Post #6   9/25/07 6:07:28PM   

jakeiceman

Banned

jakeiceman Avatar

Career:185-141
Chips:
This is easily the best article I have read about this subject, it is rediculous that everyone is counting Liddell out, and I have heard a few people say he should retire...shit happens, you cant knock out everyone everytime...its hard to bounce back from a loss and that was definately the case. Liddell will be back in old form, I'm positive of that. And personally I wanted Shogun to get stomped, I dont care for him at all, but I agree with the comments that he is not done either, neither of these men are....great article.

Post #7   9/25/07 6:13:03PM