Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Rampage vs. Jardine?

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

aceprone

Standup Guy

aceprone Avatar

Career:1,037-635
Camp: Slackers
Chips:
I was thinking about this match up. I think this should be the fight to have to see if the winner gets Chuck.
Jardine coming off a big win off of Forrest and Rampage wanting at least one more warmup fight before Chuck, I think this a safe fight for him. Jardines got good standup but I think Rampages is better and stronger. This fight would sell and I think Rampage would be the huge favorite and can pull the win out easily.

Last edited 2/5/07 4:25PM server time by aceprone
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   2/5/07 4:21:26PM   

Playground_Samurai

I EAT POOP

Playground_Samurai Avatar

Career:2,359-1,249
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:
I could see that happening. Although my opinion is they give Jardine the title shot first. Chuck is gonna have to have atleast one more fight in between the time he fights Rampage, and who else should they give to Chuck? Rashad hasn't fought any worthy opponents to say he deserves a title shot. Jardine pretty much destroyed the only other top contender that would've gotten the next title shot if he would've won in Forrest. I see Chuck vs. Jardine as marketable and entertaining, so my opinion on Rampage vs. Jardine is shouldn't happen. I say Rampage vs. either Machida, Bonnar, or maybe even Griffin. Probably not Griffin though. I don't think the UFC would do that to him.

Post #2   2/5/07 4:50:52PM   

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Career:377-180
Chips:
That is a good match-up. And kinda perfect for Rampage. Jardine is slammable and can be owned standing up but always puts up a great fight.

Post #3   2/5/07 4:53:40PM   

Reignofterror

MMA Regular

Reignofterror Avatar

Career:61-30
Chips:
I agree, I dont think the UFC will want to put Forrest up against Rampage since that could lower his chances as being a future champion if Rampage beats him. However, Jardine is almost used as their scapegoat to prove that Rampage is indeed a great fighter since he beat the same fighter who beat Griffin. I know MMath is ridiculous but im just putting this in the perspective of a casual UFC fan.

Post #4   2/5/07 6:23:34PM   

shawneth

MMA Regular

shawneth Avatar

Career:397-201
Chips:
I do think this will be Rampage's next match. OR RAshad but i can't see the UFC wanting to ruin Rashad's title chances yet. My opinion is they should get him to fight Babalu. Babalu chances for another title shot were ruined when he got his ass kicked by Liddell so they dont have to worry about ruining his potential title shots. But your right, it'll proby be Jardine.

Post #5   2/5/07 7:10:25PM   

Nacho

MMA Regular

Nacho Avatar

Career:137-83
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:
Plus Evans and Jardine probably don't want to fight each other, as training partners.

Post #6   2/5/07 7:17:56PM   

JunCTion

READY TO SMILE AND LOVE LIFE!!

JunCTion Avatar

Career:543-390
Camp: Camp David
Chips:
you know, i just want to see good fights. i don't want to watch any more safe fights. i don't want the path layed out perfectly for a more popular fighter to get a title shot. that's how the wwe does it. herring was supposed to have a safe fight. akiro shoji was awsome when he won and when he lost. he fought his butt off no matter who it was.

Post #7   2/6/07 12:07:58AM   

DoTheMMAth

MMA Sensei

DoTheMMAth Avatar

Career:1,479-920
Chips:
I think they'll make Rampage's 2nd fight in the UFC vs Chuck. We know that 1) Chuck wants to fight Rampage 2) Dana sets up the fights how he sees fit (reference the Rashad and Dana beef related posts as of late) 3) Chuck is the current UFC posterboy and most successful current champ in the organization 4) They don't mind take highly valued Pride talent (a la Anderson Silva) and giving them a quick title shot.

Matters not if Rampage wants a couple more tune-up fights inthe greater picture of the way things seem to actually work

Last edited 2/6/07 1:44AM server time by dothemmath
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #8   2/6/07 1:22:47AM   

aceprone

Standup Guy

aceprone Avatar

Career:1,037-635
Camp: Slackers
Chips:

Posted by JunCTion

you know, i just want to see good fights. i don't want to watch any more safe fights. i don't want the path layed out perfectly for a more popular fighter to get a title shot. that's how the wwe does it. herring was supposed to have a safe fight. akiro shoji was awsome when he won and when he lost. he fought his butt off no matter who it was.

I totally agree with you. That's why I think Jardine is a great match up. Because he can put you out. I don't know what Greg Jackson is feeding his fighters, but they're causeing some upsets! I think it makes a great fight!

Post #9   2/6/07 2:24:45AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,975-1,117
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Rampage's manager said on the radio that his contract expires in July. Chuck is not suppossed to be back till June. To get a title shot he will have to sign a new contract first. I say he fight's twice more before then barring injury. A Jardine/Babalu/Forest type being the 3rd if contract negotiations look good. They'll probably give him Irvin or even Machida who they have less invested in and hasn't been on TV or PPV yet IMO. Machida could beat him ,though I doubt it. He should run through Irvin.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #10   2/6/07 3:13:12AM   

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Career:377-180
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

Rampage's manager said on the radio that his contract expires in July. Chuck is not suppossed to be back till June. To get a title shot he will have to sign a new contract first. I say he fight's twice more before then barring injury. A Jardine/Babalu/Forest type being the 3rd if contract negotiations look good. They'll probably give him Irvin or even Machida who they have less invested in and hasn't been on TV or PPV yet IMO. Machida could beat him ,though I doubt it. He should run through Irvin.

If Rampage wins his next fight I'm sure he extends his contract with the UFC. He loves being in the spotlight and all the attention in the US he gets now.

I don't think he'd fight Irvin cuz I think they're friends. Plus Irvin is a 185er now isn't he? If they'd fight Rampage would commit a black on white crime and probably murder James.

Post #11   2/6/07 5:35:58AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,975-1,117
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Don't know if thier friends or not, but he's still a 205 lb. fighter. He used to be a HVY. The reason I think Irvin is he looks like a fighter, and people seem to like him, but he's not good enough to beat Rampage IMO.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #12   2/6/07 5:52:18AM   

ac_gi

Standup Guy

ac_gi Avatar

Career:1,705-1,036
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
I don't want to see this fight. I like both fighters very much, and one would have to lose. I guess I'm being a little greedy.

Post #13   2/6/07 6:55:27AM   

Street_Fighter

Learning to Sprawl

Street_Fighter Avatar

Career:327-227
Camp: Team Ninja
Chips:
I agree with you. I'm glad Rampage is in the UFC an d I think he could beat Jardine also. After Jardine I think Rampage should get a title fight against Liddell.

Post #14   2/6/07 10:08:29AM   

JunCTion

READY TO SMILE AND LOVE LIFE!!

JunCTion Avatar

Career:543-390
Camp: Camp David
Chips:
yeah, jardine proved he could step up in a big fight (where does thst leave forrest now). i don't think he would make it easy for rampage.

Post #15   2/6/07 11:26:12AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2