Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Is Extreme Couture the best camp in MMA now?

Print  
Is extreme Couture the best camp in MMA?
Yes 38 67%
No 13 23%
Hammerhouse 6 11%
  Page 1 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,826-1,047
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Extreme Couture is the best MMA camp out there. Look at what they have done lately.

1. Tyson Griffin looked great against Tavares
2. Forrest Griffin put in his best performance to date against Shogun. A sure sign of a camp's greatness is if they bring their fighters to new levels.
3. Randy has looked better than ever in his recent victories. Randy, at the age of 44 and with his new camp, looks better than he did at any other time in his career.

I know one thing, I am not betting against anyone who trains with Couture in the near future. They are combining the gameplanning of a camp like Jackson's with the grappling of Quest and conditioning that is superior to any other.

If you disagree, state which camp you think is best and why.

Post #1   9/24/07 2:40:52PM   

DevonFoxy

MMA Sensei

DevonFoxy Avatar

Career:1,450-848
Chips:
Right now I don't think you can say it isn't. I mean just look at the performances and game plans that that camp has had. Results don't lie and it seems the game plans they come with are top notch. Randy seems to be happier then we have ever seen him and im glad that after hes done fighting he is going to have this to groom fighters

Post #2   9/24/07 3:10:00PM   

Blizzard

MMA Regular

Blizzard Avatar

Career:1,285-886
Camp: Mountain Top Fight Camp
Chips:
Extreme Couture or good old Team Quest.

Post #3   9/24/07 4:14:40PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:
Don't forget Jardine! He has been training with Couture's camp too I think. Also, Rampage was training with them too, much to the chagrin of Hendo.

Post #4   9/24/07 4:22:28PM   

fullerene

MMA Sensei

fullerene Avatar

Career:1,454-890
Camp: War Room Warriors
Chips:
I think they are certainly the best right now for taking UFC level fighters and preparing them to win their matches in the UFC.

If you defined "best" as taking guys with no experience and building them into successful pro fighters at different levels (i.e. fighting in a variety of organizations with success dependent on their natural abilities) then I still think MFS is the top team. They seem to have representation with many fight promotions, including the UFC and I get the impression that most of their fighters had their pro debuts while training there.

Post #5   9/24/07 4:29:32PM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Chips:

Posted by warglory

Don't forget Jardine! He has been training with Couture's camp too I think. Also, Rampage was training with them too, much to the chagrin of Hendo.

Jardine mainly worked with Greg Jackson, and Rampage is in Ibarra's camp, which has lloked great lately as well, especially in UFC 75 with wins by Kongo, Jackson and Bisping.

Post #6   9/24/07 4:32:32PM   

loonytnt

MMA Sensei

loonytnt Avatar

Career:299-241
Camp: Diaz Fan Club
Chips:
it is doing great so its hard to say no

Post #7   9/24/07 5:01:21PM   

Murf

Learning to Sprawl

Murf Avatar

Career:429-216
Camp: UFCJunkie.com
Chips:
Extreme Couture fighters have looked very good lately. Besides Tyson's, Forrestt's, and Randy's win don't forget Gray Maynard's 9 second knockout over Veras at UFN 11. It seems like a very well rounded camp. Tyson looked sharp in every aspect. His takedown defense was awesome and his striking looked very sharp. Also, I was impressed by how claim he was when Thiago took his back. Tyson knew exactly what to do and what not to do. Dido For Forrest. He looked awesome.

Post #8   9/24/07 6:03:34PM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Chips:

Posted by fullerene

I think they are certainly the best right now for taking UFC level fighters and preparing them to win their matches in the UFC.

If you defined "best" as taking guys with no experience and building them into successful pro fighters at different levels (i.e. fighting in a variety of organizations with success dependent on their natural abilities) then I still think MFS is the top team. They seem to have representation with many fight promotions, including the UFC and I get the impression that most of their fighters had their pro debuts while training there.

Good point about the MFS fighters. With alot of their top fighters leaving, they are definitely a grass roots camp.

Post #9   9/24/07 6:05:47PM   

DevonFoxy

MMA Sensei

DevonFoxy Avatar

Career:1,450-848
Chips:

Posted by sakusback8

Couture still hasn't beaten a top 10 at HW. Nog will sub him after outboxing him. CC will LHK him into oblivion (if he comes motivated of course). In fact, there's no evidence to suggest Couture can beat a top 10. Barnett should come over and give him another beating. If Dana was concerned about having the best fighters he would sign him.

Post #10   9/24/07 7:04:12PM   

hathcock32

In Full Mount

hathcock32 Avatar

Career:1,212-764
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:
I also expect big things out of Bonnar who is now training there also. I think training with Forrest and Randy will make him a better fighter. I expect him to waste Schafer and move on to fight a big name Houston Alexander....even Shogun possibly.

Post #11   9/24/07 7:52:53PM   

kimoron

MMA Regular

kimoron Avatar

Career:687-420
Chips:
i believe so. its very arguable there are some really great teams out there but i think xtreme couture is at the top of the food chain at the moment.

Post #12   9/24/07 8:08:01PM   

KissMyBallz

MMA Regular

KissMyBallz Avatar

Career:7-7
Chips:
Randy said they're a gym, not a team.

They dont just train with the same guys. It's an entire gym where anyone can come and train for as little or as long as they want.

Rampage, jardine, forrest, even Wanderlei.

They're not in a traditional "Team", but simply a gym where all fighters everywhere can come together and exchange knowledge.

Post #13   9/24/07 9:26:57PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
Best gym for UFC fighters? Yeah. Best gym for MMA fighters? Nope. They're good at training people for the cage, but what randy knows would get him killed in a ring.

Post #14   9/24/07 11:40:23PM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Chips:

Posted by cmill21

Best gym for UFC fighters? Yeah. Best gym for MMA fighters? Nope. They're good at training people for the cage, but what randy knows would get him killed in a ring.

Heh, it's a good thing for Randy then that UFC is the top organization in the world and anyone who wants to get to the top from now on is going to have to get used to the NSAC rules inside a cage.

I've always prefered the ring and the quick standups and the knees/kicks to the head of a downed opponent too, but them days are over. Welcome to the new world of MMA. For the forseeable future the main action is going to be in the cage.

Post #15   9/25/07 12:24:22AM   

Page 1 of 3     1     2     3