Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC: Brand Us Mixed Martial Arts Standard

Print  
Posted By Message

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
THE INCREASINGLY SUCCESSFUL ULTIMATE FIGHTING Championship, or UFC, has put its planned branding campaign on hold as it grapples with how to integrate a competitor into its business.

LINK

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #1   9/24/07 1:51:55PM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,958-1,117
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Interesting find. I'd give you props but I have to share the love. Someone give zep props for me for finding this article.

Post #2   9/24/07 2:18:50PM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:

Posted by ncordless

Interesting find. I'd give you props but I have to share the love. Someone give zep props for me for finding this article.

Props to you for propping me.

Sumbitch, I can't give you props either.

Last edited 9/24/07 2:20PM server time by zephead
Edit note/reason: n/a

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #3   9/24/07 2:19:40PM   

duggy

MMA Regular

duggy Avatar

Career:1,673-897
Chips:
great read. it's cool to see a different look at mixed martial arts. the ufc is clearly a finely tuned machine and this will only help them with their stranglehold on the sport. but i dont blame them. if it was my business i'd want to do the same. i like how the rep said they want the acronym ufc to take over for mma, i find that already happening....i correct people constantly, i might as well give up.

Post #4   9/24/07 2:50:42PM   

wapttn

MMeh?

wapttn Avatar

Career:254-148
Chips:
i dont really like what they're doing here.. ufc is mma, but mma is not ufc. They're trying to get the uneducated fan to think that mma does not exist outside the ufc, and that therefore there is no talent outside the ufc (which we all know is untrue). I think its an insult to the sport of mma to try and give such a narrow view to the uneducated fans

Post #5   9/24/07 3:49:31PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,572-930
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
It has it advantages and disadvantages.I for one would love to see Elite XC get more recognition,because I believe their is some great talent in that brand of MMA.

I do get agrevated when everyone refers to MMA as UFC.I have never been asked:oh, are you an MMA fan?

It's always more like: Dude you watch UFC too!

Post #6   9/24/07 3:54:23PM   

Blizzard

MMA Regular

Blizzard Avatar

Career:1,285-886
Camp: Mountain Top Fight Camp
Chips:
Interesting.

Post #7   9/24/07 4:22:10PM   

Darnok

Heavyweight Chump

Darnok Avatar

Career:1,503-1,200
Camp: The Puddle
Chips:

Posted by wapttn

i dont really like what they're doing here.. ufc is mma, but mma is not ufc. They're trying to get the uneducated fan to think that mma does not exist outside the ufc, and that therefore there is no talent outside the ufc (which we all know is untrue). I think its an insult to the sport of mma to try and give such a narrow view to the uneducated fans

I agree wapttn, the only problem is that the majority of newbies out there already call MMA, UFC.

I remember telling a salesman at a store that I liked MMA and he tried to correct me by saying "you mean UFC don't you" . What a Dumb A## he was.

Post #8   9/24/07 7:16:23PM   

Copenhagen

Good for Body and Soul

Copenhagen Avatar

Career:1,206-652
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I think they should incorporate the name "MMA" into the title. Kind of like National "Football" League. It would sound much more official and correct.

Also, I think it would please die hard fans of MMA.

Last edited 9/24/07 7:27PM server time by copenhagen
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #9   9/24/07 7:23:03PM