Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

It is time to debate! Chuck Liddell vs. Rampage Jackson #2

Print  
  Page 5 of 5   <<   2     3     4     5  
Posted By Message

jocksmall

In Full Mount

Career:213-134
Chips:
i really like both of these fighters and it could go either way. i remember jackson wearing chuck down in the first fight. beating him standing then taking him down only for chucks corner to stop it to prevent a beating from the mount. so that memory affects my feeling about the fight even though chuck has looked unstoppable in the ufc. this is what my friends and i talk about all the time. ufc vs pride. in the past i have always believed that pride had more talent even though the top guys in the ufc are strong. if anyone in ufc can beat the top 205 guys in pride its chuck. he has a great chance if he can keep it standing. each round jackson cant get him down the closer chuck gets to victory.
i want to see chuck vs siva , or shogun or both. henderson at 185 against anyone in ufc would be awesome. i always cheer for the ufc stars but my gut tells me that the pride competition is stronger especally at heavyweight

Post #61   2/7/07 12:56:40AM   

strikefirstgear

MMA Regular

strikefirstgear Avatar

Career:54-37
Camp: StrikeFirstGear
Chips:
There is no doubt that Rampage schooled Chuck the first time. I think there are big differences that make this a totally different fight.

1. The first fight was not on Chucks territory this one is.
2. Chuck was not the fan favorite there he will be here. I know Rampage is a fan fav in some cases but Chuck Liddell is the UFC poster boy and is the most well known and respected current UFC fighter (no offense to Randy) I just dont see that changing because Rampage walks in. No way Chuck backs off and causes the crowd to turn on him during the fight.
3. Chuck is at his peak in his fighting career. He has grown into a legend in his prime. This kind of confidence makes a difference.
4. Rampage is not the same fighter after Wandy. He is awsome and I like watching him alot but the unstoppable drive isn't what it was. He has said he doesn't really want this fight with Chuck.
5. There is a big difference between the first fight with the fighter Chuck and trying to take the UFC LHW belt from the Champion Chuck.

In my mind there are too many differences and I see Chuck winning by KO in round 2 or 3. Yes I will take wagers when the time is right.

Post #62   2/7/07 3:49:01AM   

gimp1967

Learning to Sprawl

gimp1967 Avatar

Career:103-68
Camp: TheAxeMurdererz
Chips:

Posted by mmadb

Jackson + Jesus = Liddell Victory
Jackson - Jesus = Liddell Loss

That's a good way to put it. Since Jackson found the Lord, he just ain't the same!!!

Post #63   2/7/07 10:11:40PM   

aceprone

Standup Guy

aceprone Avatar

Career:1,037-635
Camp: Slackers
Chips:

Posted by gimp1967

Posted by mmadb

Jackson + Jesus = Liddell Victory
Jackson - Jesus = Liddell Loss

That's a good way to put it. Since Jackson found the Lord, he just ain't the same!!!

Or could you say since his huge losses to Wanderli he hasn't been the same? Taking a beating like he did three times has got to do something to you.

Post #64   2/8/07 1:34:02AM   

mmadb

MMADB.com

mmadb Avatar

Career:625-342
Chips:
That was essentially what I was hinting at. It was after those beatings that he suddenly found the lord. I miss ghetto rampage. His interviews with Bas used to be gold.

Post #65   2/8/07 1:44:35PM   

JunCTion

READY TO SMILE AND LOVE LIFE!!

JunCTion Avatar

Career:543-390
Camp: Camp David
Chips:
so far today, God, i've done all right. i havent gossiped, havent lost my temper, havent been greedy, grumpy, nasty, selfish, or over indulgent. i'm really proud of that.
but in a few minutes, God, im going to get out of bed and from then on im probably going to need a lot more help.
thank you. in Jesus name. Amen

Post #66   2/8/07 1:51:40PM   

LB_KIDD

Learning to Sprawl

LB_KIDD Avatar

Career:312-259
Camp: LB_BLUNTERS
Chips:
I think Chuck stands a much better chance this time around seeing as how ever since Rampage became a reborn he hasnt had any wins i would call impressive, while chuck just gets better and better. ill be happy when chuck fight Silva.

Last edited 2/8/07 2:20PM server time by LB_KIDD
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #67   2/8/07 2:19:24PM   

OchoCinco

MMA Regular

OchoCinco Avatar

Career:1,136-712
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
Fight of the year? No Way. Chuck will light him up! And ya i'm a Chuck nuthugger.

Last edited 2/8/07 4:58PM server time by OchoCinco
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #68   2/8/07 3:00:55PM   

BabbyHughes

MMA Regular

BabbyHughes Avatar

Career:623-389
Chips:

Posted by OchoCinco

Fight of the year? No Way. Chuck will light him up! And ya i'm a Chuck nuthugger.

hey, there is nothing wrong with Chuck nutthugging......as long as you dont hang on to long. He might retire on you

Post #69   2/9/07 1:11:35AM   

Tha1

Learning to Sprawl

Tha1 Avatar

Career:5-4
Chips:

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by jmoooooo

one thing im going to add, after re-watching the first rampage/chuck fight....chuck moved forward that entire fight.....something he doesnt often do..it will be interesting to see how the fight progresses when rampage has to come to him.....chuck is well known as a counter puncher, but in that fight he was the agressor......different strategy might make a huge difference as well

styles make fights.....there is a reason chuck was trying to move forward and be the aggressor....Rampage was walking his down and making chuck defend himself by fighting back...something other fighters dont do...other fighters fight chucks fight where you just countering and countering...where chuck wins cuz one landed counter win him the fight...

rampage is not the fight he used to be. chuck will win in dominant fashion. and please dont ever use that phrase "styles makes fights". one of the most annoying cliches, everytime i watch a ufc event this is spoken over and over again. i get the point. "war of attrition" is up there too, thats annoying as ****.

Post #70   2/9/07 2:26:20PM   

BabbyHughes

MMA Regular

BabbyHughes Avatar

Career:623-389
Chips:

Posted by Tha1

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by jmoooooo

one thing im going to add, after re-watching the first rampage/chuck fight....chuck moved forward that entire fight.....something he doesnt often do..it will be interesting to see how the fight progresses when rampage has to come to him.....chuck is well known as a counter puncher, but in that fight he was the agressor......different strategy might make a huge difference as well

styles make fights.....there is a reason chuck was trying to move forward and be the aggressor....Rampage was walking his down and making chuck defend himself by fighting back...something other fighters dont do...other fighters fight chucks fight where you just countering and countering...where chuck wins cuz one landed counter win him the fight...

rampage is not the fight he used to be. chuck will win in dominant fashion. and please dont ever use that phrase "styles makes fights". one of the most annoying cliches, everytime i watch a ufc event this is spoken over and over again. i get the point. "war of attrition" is up there too, thats annoying as ****.

We will see what type of fighter Rampage is now, in the next couple of fights. After losing to Silva, it really seemed to make Rampage's career slope downard. He was training by himself for most of his career in Japan, but now he has a new camp, and I expect to see good things come of it.

Post #71   2/9/07 7:17:26PM   

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Career:2,765-1,542
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
I really dont know who will win this fight, but i lean towards Liddell just because it seems like Liddell has improved since then, and Jackson has lost his touch a little bit.

Post #72   2/9/07 7:22:44PM   

Page 5 of 5   <<   2     3     4     5