Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

It is time to debate! Chuck Liddell vs. Rampage Jackson #2

Print  
  Page 2 of 5     1     2     3     4     5  
Posted By Message

jmoooooo

MMA Regular

jmoooooo Avatar

Career:501-328
Chips:
better boxer than randy and ortiz, yes...but good enough to stand and strike with chuck? debateable....

and randy has said ortiz has a chin, was very surprised by it in their fight, said he landed clean, flush shots and ortiz was still all there. im not an ortiz fan by any stretch, but he took shots from wanderlei silva and won......

saying that someone who chuck knocks out doesnt have a chin is like saying someone who gets submitted by BJ obviously has no ground game......

Post #16   2/5/07 7:58:34PM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:

Posted by jmoooooo

better boxer than randy and ortiz, yes...but good enough to stand and strike with chuck? debateable....

and randy has said ortiz has a chin, was very surprised by it in their fight, said he landed clean, flush shots and ortiz was still all there. im not an ortiz fan by any stretch, but he took shots from wanderlei silva and won......

saying that someone who chuck knocks out doesnt have a chin is like saying someone who gets submitted by BJ obviously has no ground game......

Tito may have an o right chin,but he dont have the balls to stand with chuck in the pocket...he gets hit once and he falls to the ground in turtle position....Tito is also scared to go for a takedown from the inside where i know Rampage wont be affraid to get close to chuck

i know they have a good chin for anyone else....but this is a Chuck VS Rampage thread.....and for chuck they dont have a chin...Rampage can eat Chucks punches and keep going(take a lickin and keep on tickin)

Last edited 2/5/07 8:09PM server time by Trapt1nw0nder
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #17   2/5/07 8:05:23PM   

jmoooooo

MMA Regular

jmoooooo Avatar

Chips:
ortiz did stand in the pocket...of course, he got knocked out...........

but we'll have to wait and see....but my money is on chuck, and that seems to be the general consensus............

mmaweekly.com LHW rankings as of January 30/2007

#1 Light Heavyweight Fighter in the World: Chuck Liddell

2. Mauricio "Shogun" Rua

3. Wanderlei Silva

4. Ricardo Arona

5. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira

6. Renato "Babalu" Sobral

7. Quinton Jackson

8. Tito Ortiz

9. Kazuhiro Nakamura

10. Alistair Overeem

not saying i agree with those rankings 100%, but im also hardly as involved in mma as the people who came up with them.

Post #18   2/5/07 8:15:20PM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Chips:

Posted by jmoooooo

but we'll have to wait and see....but my money is on chuck, and that seems to be the general consensus............

2. Mauricio "Shogun" Rua

3. Wanderlei Silva

4. Ricardo Arona

7. Quinton Jackson

8. Tito Ortiz

9. Kazuhiro Nakamura

10. Alistair Overeem

not saying i agree with those rankings 100%, but im also hardly as involved in mma as the people who came up with them.

ok...now remove all the pride fighters and Quinton is pretty much 2nd in the UFC since Sobral already got his shot and failed

Post #19   2/5/07 8:33:37PM   

aceprone

Standup Guy

aceprone Avatar

Career:1,037-635
Camp: Slackers
Chips:
I just can't wait to see this fight happen! No matter who's the victor I just hope it's a war, like the first time they fought!

Post #20   2/5/07 8:40:43PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,924-1,081
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I agree that Chuck has gottten better and is undefeated since then. Rampage ( IMO) has never recovered from the Wandy KO's mentally. 2 completely different figher's now. To me it would be the same as putting the Wandy vs Vitor fight on today. Some people progress, some regress. Rampage has a new trainer( so it's possible I'm wrong) but I doubt it. Wandy should take a rematch with Vitor, I think Chuck should take a rematch with Rampage.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #21   2/5/07 8:46:38PM   

BrAeDeN91

MMA Regular

BrAeDeN91 Avatar

Career:42-30
Camp: ricco rodriguez and the sundance kids
Chips:
chuck hits too hard and has alot of confidence on his side since he lost to rampage the first time. i say chuck by ko.

Post #22   2/5/07 10:45:54PM   

jmoooooo

MMA Regular

jmoooooo Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by jmoooooo

2. Mauricio "Shogun" Rua

3. Wanderlei Silva

4. Ricardo Arona

7. Quinton Jackson

8. Tito Ortiz

9. Kazuhiro Nakamura

10. Alistair Overeem

ok...now remove all the pride fighters and Quinton is pretty much 2nd in the UFC since Sobral already got his shot and failed

sure, hes #2 in the UFC, i wont deny that....but chuck walked through sobral twice and ortiz twice without ever being in danger, the fighters ranked before and after rampage.....im not saying that the rankings are dead on, but there is a skill difference when it comes to comparing the two fighters (rampage/chuck)...hes #2 in the ufc, but hes a long ways off skill wise.......

again, before anyone flames me

i really like rampage
hes a great addition to the UFC
he will make for interesting and exciting fights
i cant wait to see him fight anybody in the division

all im saying is i dont think rampage has the skills/mental fortitude to beat chuck.

8 times out of 10 chuck wins this fight by stuffing takedowns and countering

Post #23   2/5/07 11:35:51PM   

JunCTion

READY TO SMILE AND LOVE LIFE!!

JunCTion Avatar

Career:543-390
Camp: Camp David
Chips:
i agree totally with jmoooooo with one addition.
replace rampages name with anybody in the ufc. they don't have the skills/mental fortitude to beat chuck and 8 times out of 10 chuck beats anyone. the only one that could truly bring chuck down is wandy

Post #24   2/5/07 11:45:00PM   

jmoooooo

MMA Regular

jmoooooo Avatar

Chips:
wandy/chuck would be amazing........i think its more of a tossup than anything....id love to see it..that would be a serious war

Post #25   2/5/07 11:48:07PM   

JunCTion

READY TO SMILE AND LOVE LIFE!!

JunCTion Avatar

Career:543-390
Camp: Camp David
Chips:
serious war is right, especially if it was under pride rules. hey, do you think they will ever allow knees and kicks to the head to a downed opponent in the us

Post #26   2/5/07 11:52:46PM   

Thalzaar

Learning to Sprawl

Thalzaar Avatar

Career:1,231-735
Camp: Mack Mafia Hitsquad
Chips:
After Rampage's performance in the last UFC, he is not ready for a title shot against Chuck just yet. There is a lot of pressure on him to take out Chuck, which is sorta why Dana brought him in. I would like to see him with a couple more fights first to get more comfortable and build a little momentum. Chuck's last few fights were fought in his favor. Tito and Babalu basically fought chuck's fight, which was the wrong thing to do. They are ground game fighters, but they let thier ego's take over and try to knockout, the knockout guy.

Rampage, once he builds some confidence is the perfect fight for Chuck. Both are good standup and Rampage can definately "take a lickin' and keep on tickin'" as he said. Let's not forget Rampage's infamous slams.

Rampage by suplex.

Last edited 2/6/07 12:20AM server time by thalzaar
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #27   2/6/07 12:19:15AM   

jmoooooo

MMA Regular

jmoooooo Avatar

Chips:
NSAC, or any other state governing body, would never allow it. Ive never been a fan of knees/kicks to the head of a downed opponent anyway..........so im not missing much

Post #28   2/6/07 12:20:21AM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Chips:

Posted by jmoooooo

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by jmoooooo

2. Mauricio "Shogun" Rua

3. Wanderlei Silva

4. Ricardo Arona

7. Quinton Jackson

8. Tito Ortiz

9. Kazuhiro Nakamura

10. Alistair Overeem

sure, hes #2 in the UFC, i wont deny that....but chuck walked through sobral twice and ortiz twice without ever being in danger, the fighters ranked before and after rampage.....im not saying that the rankings are dead on, but there is a skill difference when it comes to comparing the two fighters (rampage/chuck)...hes #2 in the ufc, but hes a long ways off skill wise.......

again, before anyone flames me

i really like rampage
hes a great addition to the UFC
he will make for interesting and exciting fights
i cant wait to see him fight anybody in the division

all im saying is i dont think rampage has the skills/mental fortitude to beat chuck.

8 times out of 10 chuck wins this fight by stuffing takedowns and countering

when it comes to rampage, you can toss the skill out of the window...he is Tough! you can have all the skill in the world but it wont get you anywhere if you aint tough.....Tito has all the skill in the world,but when it comes down to it he's just not tough enough Physically and Mentally

and you say Chuck will stuff his takedowns and counter.....first of all chuck Hits hard..we all know that but his striking is not as good as people think it is...even Tito was outboxing chuck till chuck finally landed something and tito would back off or fall and go into fetal position......Rampage wont budge..he wont go fetal on us..he's gonna throw back and then we will see what chuck has

chucks takedown defense is worthless if Rampage picks him up off the ground and slams him...he most likely wont do it and waste his energy,but if he is in trouble and chuck is getting the better of him he can take chuck down at will

Before you start flaming..I love chuck..and i think he is one of the best right now.but rampage has his # and i just dont think chuck will be ready

8 out of 10 times Rampage beats Chuck...

Post #29   2/6/07 12:55:47AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:
I call Rampage in the 4th via GnP, and heres why:

Hes got a great chin

His stand up style helps negate looping punches, which is what helped him last time against Chuck, and this hasn't changed since the last fight.

Hes much younger than Chuck, and is generally in better shape when he trains.

He has the skills to take Chuck down, and keep him down. The last time Chuck was taken to the ground and kept there, it was against.....Rampage, who he lost to. The time before that, it was against Randy, who he lost to.

Rampage is a smart fighter on the ground. Hes one of the few guys that really works the body on the ground, which will hurt Chuck later in the fight, and what won him the fight last time.

He trains with Tito, who has fought Chuck recently, and will help Rampage overcome him.

Now, a really big one that no one has mentioned. Rampage has the potential to be a fan favorite, even over Chuck. If he gets a few big wins and some mic time, he'll be a star. In the late rounds of a title fight, if he can impose his will, and get the fans to rally behind him, that could really take Chuck out of his game and be the last nail in the casket.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #30   2/6/07 1:03:37AM   

Page 2 of 5     1     2     3     4     5