Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Chris Horodecki vs Shad Lierley

Print  
Posted By Message

Djbb

Standup Guy

Djbb Avatar

Career:31-27
Camp: Keyboard Warriors of LMAOville
Chips:
I thought Lierley won the fight against Horodecki, but the judges obviously thought different. When Horodecki returns from his hand injury, do you guys feel Lierley deserves a rematch?

Post #1   9/24/07 2:01:24AM   

hotrodttt

Ridin the MMA WW since 02 !

hotrodttt Avatar

Career:2,639-1,411
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Dude I totally agree with you I saw it as 30 - 27 for Lirely , he even owned him standing sooo

PROPS FOR YOU

Post #2   9/24/07 2:02:40AM   

Djbb

Standup Guy

Djbb Avatar

Chips:

Posted by hotrodttt

Dude I totally agree with you I saw it as 30 - 27 for Lirely , he even owned him standing sooo

PROPS FOR YOU

Lierley was 10x more aggressive than Horodecki in that fight. He was meeting every one of Horodecki's blows with one of his own and that armbar Horodecki (somehow) escaped was BEAUTIFUL. I'm surprised he didn't break Horodecki's arm.

Post #3   9/24/07 2:09:47AM   

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Career:377-180
Chips:
Please guys. Watch the fight again. Horodecki clearly landed more punches to the head, clearly landed more to the body and clearly had the better kicks.

Hot PLEASE tell me how Shad won the first round and how he "owned" Chris in the stand-up. Shad landed almost nothing in that round and aggressiveness doesn't count when you're just swinging, missing and getting hit.

In the second round Chris immediately drops Shad which must count for something. Shad gets the takedown but his GnP is horrible to say the least and they get stood up. Chris continues to pick apart Shad standing (no that knee didn't land) but gets taken down again. Shad lands some good knees but does no other damage. Standing up Shad continues to look flat footed and gets picked apart. He shoots but Chris sprawls. Standing Chris picks Shad apart and lands a light high kick to close out the round.

The third is more of the same. Chris pretty much dominates the stand-up and stuffs the first takedown attempt. Shad finally gets the fight to the ground but again does nothing with it. Shad looks slow, flat footed and not very technical in the stand up and eats some good shots. He gets it to the ground but again does no damage. Chris gets up, pours it on Shad and stuffs another takedown.

Shad is a beast for sure but only a blind man would score that fight in favor of him. IMO he didn't win a round.

And Djbb please watch the fight you comment on. There was no armbar attempt in this one.

Last edited 9/24/07 11:52AM server time by Stickan
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #4   9/24/07 11:50:20AM   

Djbb

Standup Guy

Djbb Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Stickan

And Djbb please watch the fight you comment on. There was no armbar attempt in this one.

Oops, yer right, I was confusing this fight with when Palaszewski had Horodecki in a guillotine. Still, Shad Lierley put up an extremely impressive display.

Post #5   9/24/07 3:27:02PM   

Scott_Revels

Banned

Career:376-170
Chips:
Yeah, Horodecki won. I had it Split Decision though. Horodecki won rounds 1 and 3, but Lierley won the second round. I hope they have another fight, because that was really good.

Post #6   9/24/07 7:37:35PM   

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Scott_Revels

Yeah, Horodecki won. I had it Split Decision though. Horodecki won rounds 1 and 3, but Lierley won the second round. I hope they have another fight, because that was really good.

I don't understand those who say fights should've been a split decision. A split decision doesn't mean that the loser won 1 round and the winner 2. It means that one judge thought differently about the fight and scored it for the loser.

So if you think someone won a decision, he should in your opinion have won a unanimous decision not a split.

Post #7   9/25/07 6:03:39AM   

Scott_Revels

Banned

Chips:
Then what exactly is an Majority Decision? I'll admit the only decision I was fully aware of what it meant was the UD, others I just kind've knew. If split really only means a judge saw the fight for the loser than I do change my decision to Unanimous, unless Majority is more closer to what I was thinking.

Post #8   9/25/07 4:05:41PM   

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Scott_Revels

Then what exactly is an Majority Decision? I'll admit the only decision I was fully aware of what it meant was the UD, others I just kind've knew. If split really only means a judge saw the fight for the loser than I do change my decision to Unanimous, unless Majority is more closer to what I was thinking.

Majority decision is when one judge rules the fight a draw and the other two scores it for a fighter.
Majority draw is when two judges see it as a draw.

I don't know what it's called when one judge scores it a draw, one for fighter A and one for fighter B but I think that's also a draw.

The name of the fight result has nothing to with rounds anyway.

Post #9   9/25/07 4:51:18PM   

Scott_Revels

Banned

Chips:
Okay, then i'm totally 100% saying UD for Horodecki, but I still think Lierley won the second round.

Post #10   9/25/07 5:51:38PM   

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Chips:
.. even though you don't know the decision names, you're one hell of a fight analyzer compared to me so remember me to ask about your picks before the next UFC. Gotta help out a team mate on a nasty losing streak .

Post #11   9/25/07 6:04:06PM   

Scott_Revels

Banned

Chips:
Yeah, I do pick fairly well. Still not as great as Sticksta13. I can get the winner right 3 out of 4 times, but I can't seem to get the round/ending correct but like 1 out of 4 times.. I'll PM you my picks and round/results for UFC 77 and Strikeforce.

Post #12   9/25/07 6:25:36PM   

Lay_N_Pray

In Full Mount

Lay_N_Pray Avatar

Career:253-130
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:
I guess while this topic is hot...do you know where i can watch the latest IFL fights and Cage Rage? I would like to see this Hordoceki fight

Post #13   9/25/07 6:36:37PM   

Scott_Revels

Banned

Chips:

Posted by Stickan

Please guys. Watch the fight again. Horodecki clearly landed more punches to the head, clearly landed more to the body and clearly had the better kicks.

I would say try Youtube, Daily Motion, and if nothing there try just searching google.

Post #14   9/25/07 6:49:57PM