Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Whether or not Shogun performed up to his potential, Forrest dominated him and anyone who dominates Shogun should get a title shot....

Print  
Posted By Message

ufc88

Standup Guy

ufc88 Avatar

Career:1,156-666
Camp: UFC Pool 2010
Chips:
anyone agree? i think forrest should be fighting rampage for the title and vanderlei should be fighting jardine for next in line.. eventhough jardine is not so great he just beat liddell and that means something... as well i think the appropriate test for houston alexander should be against Lyoto Machida.. and i believe the winner of ortiz evans should be fighting michael bisping eventho he won the most controversial fight ive ever seen, he still got the W and deserves a better opponent

Post #1   9/23/07 1:31:49PM   

kevietre

Belt Contender

kevietre Avatar

Career:666-468
Chips:
Rampage vs. Forrest i would have to give to Rampage.

Post #2   9/23/07 1:46:27PM   

sakusback3

I'm banned and have no life

Career:-
Chips:

Posted by ufc88

anyone agree? i think forrest should be fighting rampage for the title and vanderlei should be fighting jardine for next in line.. eventhough jardine is not so great he just beat liddell and that means something... as well i think the appropriate test for houston alexander should be against Lyoto Machida.. and i believe the winner of ortiz evans should be fighting michael bisping eventho he won the most controversial fight ive ever seen, he still got the W and deserves a better opponent

there was no domination. Shogun was a little closer to dominating before he gassed, but he was no prepared plain and simple.

If you want to see a good example of domination watch Shogun-Rampage. Dominating the current champion should count for something...although Shogun shouldn't get a shot immediately, he needs one more fight as his normal self.

Post #3   9/23/07 2:26:00PM   

TheHitmanTL

Standup Guy

TheHitmanTL Avatar

Career:237-188
Chips:
good post and great fight by forrest look out rampage!!

Post #4   9/23/07 2:28:33PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:

Posted by sakusback3

Posted by ufc88

there was no domination. Shogun was a little closer to dominating before he gassed, but he was no prepared plain and simple.

If you want to see a good example of domination watch Shogun-Rampage. Dominating the current champion should count for something...although Shogun shouldn't get a shot immediately, he needs one more fight as his normal self.

I agree, even when shogun gassed it was not domination. Solid win, not domination.

Post #5   9/23/07 2:38:06PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:
Yeah you could tell Shogun was the better fighter but just wasn't on top of his game. I have to give credit to Forrest he did what he had to do to win and I would say as big a name as Forrest has made for himself that fight would draw so why not.

Post #6   9/23/07 3:57:14PM   

Branwest

Standup Guy

Branwest Avatar

Career:224-109
Camp: X-treme Fighting Systems
Chips:
With all due respect to Forrest, he didn't fight the real Shogun. Shogun gassed at a time that would've still been in the first round in PRIDE. It's his fault that he didn't prepare for this match like he should've and took this fight for granted. Congrats to Forrest, but I can't wait to see the real Shogun come back. After all, he's only 25.
It just sucks that the UFC doesn't feature/highlight his biggest strenths: soccer kicks to his opponents head while they're on the ground, and foot stomps to the head, etc. Everyone needs to start training in the cage and getting used to the UFC's rules, because if these PRIDE fighters fight to their potential, these new American fans are going to be suprised at what they're capable of. After UFC 76, these new fans are saying and thinking, "Well what was so special about Maricio Shogun Rua, or whatever his name is." Give it time my friends, and they'll soon fight out who Shogun, and other former PRIDE fighters, really are.
I just hope all this crap doesn't make Fedor not want to come to the UFC. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Post #7   9/25/07 11:12:16AM   

mrliquid

Standup Guy

mrliquid Avatar

Career:741-566
Camp: The Pit
Chips:
I agree that he dominated but shogun was a pride fighter u can't give forrest a title shot at the ufc champ because he dominated a debut of a pride fighter he has to beat someone else in title shot contention from the ufc to get a title shot but I def think he deserves a #1 contender fight.

Post #8   9/25/07 11:19:45AM   

mrliquid

Standup Guy

mrliquid Avatar

Career:741-566
Camp: The Pit
Chips:
What im saying is lets say they throw some random LH guy from the ufc with a record of like 5-7 vs silva and he gets lucky and knocks him out that means he gets Jackson just because he beat a guy that was the shit in pride fighting you know Dana wouldnt give that guy a shot so why should he give Forrest one till he beats someone else in contention maybe a tito rematch or rashad evans.

Post #9   9/25/07 11:44:23AM   

kimoron

MMA Regular

kimoron Avatar

Career:687-420
Chips:
looking at shoguns fights with cyril diabate and the 2nd fight with overeem im not the least bit surprised forrest won. both men were beating shogun standing before being taken down and pounded out. while forrest may not be the level of striker that overeem or diabate is, he is very very close behind them. with forrest neutralizing shoguns gnp he took away the most dangerous aspect of his game. standing up forrest showed better footwork and outboxed shogun. forrest just wore him down. title shot or not forrest should fight someone in the top 5 without question. shoguns not going anywere and has a lot of career left so everyone acting like the world is over because he lost should take a deep breath change their tampon and just relax.

Post #10   9/25/07 10:50:20PM