Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Say it isn't so Shogun

Print  
  Page 1 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

SpiderSilva

Living legend

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:2,303-1,485
Chips:
Well Shogun was dominated. What happened everyone was sooo confident that this great fighter was gonna come into the UFC and win. Well I just want to come out and say "I told you so" just because everyone seems to be in love with this guy was coming to just run through everyone well his gimmie fight he blew it so did Chuck so does this mean we get to see Wandi get the next title shot who knows
So just want to here from all the Shogun fans out there and here what they have to say about what happened last night I also like Shogun but I did have to say he is 1-2 in the cage Im sure it will get better in time but HELL OF A JOB FORREST

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports

Post #1   9/23/07 12:21:45PM   

CCPRIDE99

Standup Guy

CCPRIDE99 Avatar

Career:1,224-710
Chips:
exactly.
i picked forrest to win this one too.
and as far as wanderlei getting a title shot i think he needs to earn it just like if he was any random guy startin out in the ufc.
i personally would like to see him fight machida, griffin, or maybe even bisping

Post #2   9/23/07 12:44:04PM   

whodat

The Dawrkness

whodat Avatar

Career:2,159-1,200
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I should make a thread about "I told you so" for Chuck. That way I can be cool too.

Post #3   9/23/07 12:52:46PM   

sakusback3

I'm banned and have no life

Career:-
Chips:
Shogun did get dominated. Props to Forrest

Last edited 9/23/07 7:49PM server time by zephead
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #4   9/23/07 2:33:21PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:757-423
Chips:

Post #5   9/23/07 4:02:30PM   

Lay_N_Pray

In Full Mount

Lay_N_Pray Avatar

Career:360-191
Chips:
Im on the fence about things like this. I dont think we overrated Shogun...but I do think we underrate everyone else. By analyzing past fights anyone would say Shogun is pretty damn awesome and should win against Forrest.

However, how can we ever get the next Shogun or Liddell if we dont give credit to the young guns who beat them. Stars come and go, so we have to give the guys a real chance who beat the current stars to prove they are or will be stars themselves without discrediting everything they do as "lucky" or "fluke" or "poor performance from the other guy"

Post #6   9/23/07 4:41:51PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:
Shogun needs to find another fight camp plain and simple...

At least when Wandy was there they were pushing each making each other even better, but since Wandy left I heard theres like nothing but nobodies in the Chute box camp except Shogun so if he's just beating up bums that won't challenge him I'm guessing he gets overconfident and makes cocky mistakes and that contributed to underestimating Forrest Griffin...

Plus he looked chubby before coming into this fight so losing a lot of weight had to kill him in conditioning..

Plus he should have stuck to his game plan that MMA fans all around the world wanted to see...MUAY THAI BRAWL!!! If he didn't shoot in he would have knocked Griffin out IMO, but he didn't use his MUAY THAI!!! Trying to take it to the ground wa sa smart move to throw Griffin off guard but I'm pretty sure he wasn't expecting Griffins wrestling to be that great...

Griffin just had everything going for him last night...congrats..

Post #7   9/23/07 4:43:16PM   

Mastodon2

MMA Sensei

Mastodon2 Avatar

Career:188-114
Chips:
Shogun looked gassed after 2 minutes. I had thought in the past about what Wanderlei leaving CB would do to him, and I think that might have had something to do with it. With Wanderlei gone, CB is in decline, Shogun is the only talent they really have left. I think with no Wanderlei to push him and to test his skills against, training with amateurish partners has softened him, just like it did to Rampage Jackson a few years ago.

Post #8   9/23/07 7:20:41PM   

MikeyMikeMichaels

Learning to Sprawl

MikeyMikeMichaels Avatar

Career:653-449
Chips:
I actually originally picked Forrest to win by submission in round 2 not 3 and then I remembered that Shogun is a beast so I changed it to decision. I had faith in Forrest the whole time. Shogun is still a great fighter, but im thinking it could of just been a first time in the cage nerves thing you know? Also I can't believe some people still wont give Forrest credit for the mass improving he has done since being signed. I'm sure working with Randy Couture doesn't hurt either. Shogun is still great, and Forrest is a future champ and you can mark my words on that.

Post #9   9/23/07 7:39:47PM   

SpiderSilva

Living legend

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:2,303-1,485
Chips:

Posted by Copenhagen

I should make a thread about "I told you so" for Chuck. That way I can be cool too.

Man H what A a good T night E of R fights

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #10   9/23/07 8:40:09PM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:

Posted by Copenhagen

No, just continue to dog Chuck in thread after thread. You're cool doing that, right?

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports

Post #11   9/23/07 8:45:29PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:

Posted by zephead

Posted by Copenhagen

No, just continue to dog Chuck in thread after thread. You're cool doing that, right?

Everyone smashing the Pride guys, whats wrong with giving the UFC's golden boy a little bit of the same?

Post #12   9/23/07 9:11:03PM   

Djbb

Standup Guy

Djbb Avatar

Career:31-27
Camp: Keyboard Warriors of LMAOville
Chips:
Shogun likes to stomp his opponent's head while they're on the ground. Stomping is illegal in UFC. That little rule has taken away one of his best weapons. When you've developed a particular skill for that long and then its suddenly illegal, of course you're not going to know what to do. Its like taking away a soldier's rifle and dropping him in the middle of a war.

Post #13   9/23/07 9:18:53PM   

KissMyBallz

MMA Regular

KissMyBallz Avatar

Career:7-7
Chips:
I think the MMA quote of the year has to be in Forrest's post fight comments when he said something like

....'I looked up at the time and saw I had ten seconds and I went for the choke and sunk it in. I hate to be that way and choke the guy out but fatigue is a Son of a Bitch!'

CLASSIC!

Post #14   9/23/07 9:20:54PM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:

Posted by cmill21

Posted by zephead

Posted by Copenhagen

Everyone smashing the Pride guys, whats wrong with giving the UFC's golden boy a little bit of the same?

That's been going on from the get. Before the buying of Pride, it was "Pride is the best. Pride fighters would kill UFC fighters." And then when the UFC bought Pride and and Pride fighters were coming over, it "Shogun will wipe up. Mirko will dominate. UFC fighters suck."

But lo and behold, Pride fighters aren't doing good. Now the shoe is on the other foot and it don't feel to good, does it?

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #15   9/23/07 9:48:44PM   

Page 1 of 3     1     2     3